• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

Lol no worries, I understood exactly how you read it. To add more to Vanek, Kings and Ducks are both out on him according to rumors. Anaheim really wants to acquire a center and Derek Roy has been mentioned in connection with that.

Looks like Vanek is running out of destinations, last one I heard beside the Kings and Ducks was the Bruins. I'm surprised at the Ducks wanting a center actually, just a quick look at their roster stats and I see a ton of centers at the top of their points list. It looks like they might be putting those centers on wings honestly because they're isn't a high scoring winger on the team besides Perry

Lol no worries, I understood exactly how you read it. To add more to Vanek, Kings and Ducks are both out on him according to rumors. Anaheim really wants to acquire a center and Derek Roy has been mentioned in connection with that.

Hodgson and Ehrhoff for Gibson and a 1st

Myers to TOR for Kadri and 2nd

Moulson, Stewart, McCabe, 2nd to Ottawa for Lazar and Ceci

Draft Eckbald or Reinhart...

Boom!

2 years your team has Gibson/Enroth, your centers are Girgensons, Kadri, Lazar....your defense is Ekbald, Zadorov, Ceci, Pysyk, Ristolainen, McNabb...and you have 5 other 1sts and 2nds over the next 2 years and UFA where you have $30 million to add to the wings....

See you in 2016! :)

Here's a novel idea..................... How about we just keep Ehrhoff?

I think we need to trade Zadorov and Ristolainen because they're just way too old.

This is getting ridiculous.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

We've got 78 draft picks in the top two rounds the next two years. How about we just call it a week and focus on re-signing Ott and Moulson. Then on to UFA's.

The work isn't done. People are really done after one trade?

This really isn't the right thread for this, so I will just make up the rumor that the Sabres are interested in drafting Nik Ehlers. He scored a hat trick of hat tricks tonight (well, his third straight game with a hat trick), two of them were shorties, and now 16 goals in last 7 games. On a little tear I'd say.

The work isn't done. People are really done after one trade?

It's not one trade. Over the last year and change the Sabres have made more trades for draft picks than any team I have ever seen in the same time frame. A line needs to be drawn, some veterans need to stay. There is no sensible explanation why Moulson, Ehrhoff and Myers need to be traded. They are all types of players that will be needed in the future so why worry about draft picks to replace them when they're already here? Any more trades and this is beyond ludicrous.

We've got 78 draft picks in the top two rounds the next two years. How about we just call it a week and focus on re-signing Ott and Moulson. Then on to UFA's.

Don't stall the tank! We've likely got four picks in the first two rounds of 2014, and likely five picks in the first two rounds of 2015. We've still got eight UFAs on the roster, and potentially three of them could bring back picks in the first two rounds. Those eight guys are wasted/gone if we don't sign them or trade them, and there's debatable reasons not to sign each and every one of them. These are important assets to convert.

Looks like Vanek is running out of destinations, last one I heard beside the Kings and Ducks was the Bruins. I'm surprised at the Ducks wanting a center actually, just a quick look at their roster stats and I see a ton of centers at the top of their points list. It looks like they might be putting those centers on wings honestly because they're isn't a high scoring winger on the team besides Perry

The "secret" team in talks for Vanek appears to be San Jose. Deal could be worked out tonight. Something to watch but wow what an attack they will have if it comes true.

In all seriousness, why not make a play for Kesler? Lots of talk about Vancouver shopping him because he is unhappy.Throw em a first and Halak, or maybe another forward prospect... Seriously, he would be worth it. Can anybody make a tangible argument against?

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518

In all seriousness, why not make a play for Kesler? Throw em a first and Halak, or maybe another forward prospect... Seriously, he would be worth it. Can anybody make a tangible argument against?

He's 30, I think the organizational plan is to be in the top 2 of the draft next year. By the time we're totally ready to contend, it will probably be about the time Kesler is hanging em up.

I know the counterpoint to this is that we can attempt a rebuild like the Kings - go crazy and bring in established veteran help in the offseason. I just don't think that is the path Murray and company want to go.

In all seriousness, why not make a play for Kesler? Lots of talk about Vancouver shopping him because he is unhappy.Throw em a first and Halak, or maybe another forward prospect... Seriously, he would be worth it. Can anybody make a tangible argument against?

TSN says the price is pretty high for Kesler:

We also know he's got the No. 1 highest price on the trade market right now of anybody. And that defined price is three significant components.

No. 1, a 20 to 25-year-old established National Hockey League centre, who could immediately step into the lineup and fill much of the void created by the loss of Kesler.

No. 2, a top-end prospect. Preferably a forward, but if it was a defenceman it would give the Canucks flexibility to trade one of their existing defenceman down the road.

No. 3, a first-round pick.

If the Vancouver Canucks don't get close to that package for Ryan Kesler, I do not believe they'll trade him.

We don't have 1. Ennis? Send back Hodgson?

We don't want to give up 2. Girgensens? Risto? Zadorov? That hurts the tank.

We don't want to give up 3. That hurts the tank.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Don't stall the tank! We've likely got four picks in the first two rounds of 2014, and likely five picks in the first two rounds of 2015. We've still got eight UFAs on the roster, and potentially three of them could bring back picks in the first two rounds. Those eight guys are wasted/gone if we don't sign them or trade them, and there's debatable reasons not to sign each and every one of them. These are important assets to convert.

All the more reason to leave Ehrhoff and Myers out of the discussion. Aside from Moulson, the other UFA's aren't necessarily core players. Moulson said he wants to stay, we know what we're getting with him. It makes no sense to me why Murray would want to get rid of Moulson. Tallinder is getting old and Enroth needs a full season to himelf without Halak around creating a goaltending controversy. If Murray wants to trade, trade them.

He's 30, I think the organizational plan is to be in the top 2 of the draft next year. By the time we're totally ready to contend, it will probably be about the time Kesler is hanging em up.

I know the counterpoint to this is that we can attempt a rebuild like the Kings - go crazy and bring in established veteran help in the offseason. I just don't think that is the path Murray and company want to go.

Kesler is only 29, no rebuild takes 6-7 years. I highly doubt Kesler won't be valuable at age 32-33.

Why would he want to come here? The Sabres are beyond terrible and will be for a while.

Hodgson and Ehrhoff for Gibson and a 1st

That's a massacre, and not one in our favor.

All the more reason to leave Ehrhoff and Myers out of the discussion. Aside from Moulson, the other UFA's aren't necessarily core players. Moulson said he wants to stay, we know what we're getting with him. It makes no sense to me why Murray would want to get rid of Moulson. Tallinder is getting old and Enroth needs a full season to himelf without Halak around creating a goaltending controversy. If Murray wants to trade, trade them.

Kesler is only 29, no rebuild takes 6-7 years. I highly doubt Kesler won't be valuable at age 32-33.

Now now, Moulson said he'd be open to contract talks. That's not the same thing as saying "I want to be a Buffalo Sabre."

It's not one trade. Over the last year and change the Sabres have made more trades for draft picks than any team I have ever seen in the same time frame. A line needs to be drawn, some veterans need to stay. There is no sensible explanation why Moulson, Ehrhoff and Myers need to be traded. They are all types of players that will be needed in the future so why worry about draft picks to replace them when they're already here? Any more trades and this is beyond ludicrous.

Why? Look at the ufas trading places. Some will be there in the off season. And Ott? Would you really want the C on Ott vs a Jonathan Toews or Crosby? There is no core here even before Pommers was dealt. There was nothing coming up either. Adam? Dagostini? We need as much top tier talent we can get across the board. Believe me I'm in Chicago and many of the "new" fans werent around even 5 years ago. I crave a team that I can be proud of, but I want a cup and we need more bullets to get one.

FWIW, Anaheim has two 1st round picks this year -- theirs and the one they got from Ottawa. So if we were looking to make a trade with a contender *and* still get a draft pick ~10th overall, they're the guys we want to talk to. And if they're absolutely opposed to moving that pick, they're probably more open to moving their own first than some other teams might be.

Why? Look at the ufas trading places. Some will be there in the off season. And Ott? Would you really want the C on Ott vs a Jonathan Toews or Crosby? There is no core here even before Pommers was dealt. There was nothing coming up either. Adam? Dagostini? We need as much top tier talent we can get across the board. Believe me I'm in Chicago and many of the "new" fans werent around even 5 years ago. I crave a team that I can be proud of, but I want a cup and we need more bullets to get one.

Like I said, a line needs to be drawn somewhere. A team of 20 year olds isn't going anywhere no matter what kind of talent they have.

If you're comparing a draft pick that is comparable to the leadership of Toews or Crosby, I've got news for you. A draft pick won't be captain material for quite some time.