• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

I'm sure a lot of teams are interested in Ehrhoff, but he's worthy of roster players in return, and those teams that are interested right now are not going to trade roster players back right now.

Just like no team was going to move roster players for Miller or Ott. ;)

Just like no team was going to move roster players for Miller or Ott. ;)

The Sabres took Halak's salary on to make the trade work, and Chris Stewart (also taken for the salary) isn't exactly the return anyone realistic has in mind for Ehrhoff. Come on.

Edited by Eleven

The Hoff gets traded at the draft me thinks

Hoff's contract makes him pretty attractive to other GM's for a playoff run and down the road. I'll bet he's traded by Wednesday

Hopefully the return is significant.....1st + top prospect + young roster player.

1st + Gibson +Vatenen from the Ducks

1st + Faksa + Olesiak from the Stars

High price to pay but recapture penalty taken into account..... We could always add a player or pick to get that kind of return.

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Nobody owes Straw ######. The writing was on the wall for this trade for a LONGGGG time. We got Halak and a first. Where's Rattie?

I was joking, calm down. But, even if "the writing was on the wall," I didn't see the "wall" as much as I saw that rumor getting shot down here and elsewhere...and people flamed that kid, and myself...for suggesting that Miller was indeed being sent to St. Louis. (None of which were YOU, so I don't know why your panties got bunched up.)

People went as far as saying St. Louis was out of the running, "content with Halak," and it was Minnesota who wanted Miller. (Gotta love this time of year!)

EDIT: And yeah, I would like to know where Rattie (Or Jaskin) is as well...but I like the idea of Carrier, I trust Murray over anyone else.

Edited by Bob Malooga

Could the Sabres really get Prince AND Hoffman from the Sens for Stewart? Could they really get a first, Virtanen AND Gibson from Anaheim for Ehrhoff? Or Ehrhoff AND Moulson? Could they send Moulson to LA, assuming they don't need him in the Anaheim deal, for a first and nearly NHL ready prospect? Could they send one of their first round stockpile to Colorado for Stastny? Maybe a first and second rounder if needed? Stastny is an unrestricted free agent after this year and rumored to be available. Tim Murray has a chance to be somewhat of a hero if he could pull off these moves, or one or two of them atleast. I've seen each of these ideas bounced around either on here or one of the many rumor sites bouncing ideas off the wall or sighting sources within the league over the last few days.

Edited by Bills12Sabres11

I was joking, calm down. But, even if "the writing was on the wall," I didn't see the "wall" as much as I saw that rumor getting shot down here and elsewhere...and people flamed that kid, and myself...for suggesting that Miller was indeed being sent to St. Louis. (None of which were YOU, so I don't know why your panties got bunched up.)

People went as far as saying St. Louis was out of the running, "content with Halak," and it was Minnesota who wanted Miller. (Gotta love this time of year!)

EDIT: And yeah, I would like to know where Rattie (Or Jaskin) is as well...but I like the idea of Carrier, I trust Murray over anyone else.

Minnesota was in on the Miller trade but the asking price got too rich for them according to Dreger/BMac over at TSN. Why is that so hard to believe ?

I think TM was most likely playing both teams to get a bidding war going and the wild bailed.

Most of the hockey world knew of the rumours of Miller to the Blues. It certainly wasn't someone on this board who got that started. And armstrong suggested last week that the Blues were content with Halak and didn't need Miller.

Could the Sabres really get Prince AND Hoffman from the Sens for Stewart? Could they really get a first, Virtanen AND Gibson from Anaheim for Ehrhoff? Or Ehrhoff AND Moulson? Could they send Moulson to LA, assuming they don't need him in the Anaheim deal, for a first and nearly NHL ready prospect? Could they send one of their first round stockpile to Colorado for Stastny? Maybe a first and second rounder if needed? Stastny is an unrestricted free agent after this year and rumored to be available. Tim Murray has a chance to be somewhat of a hero if he could pull off these moves, or one or two of them atleast. I've seen each of these ideas bounced around either on here or one of the many rumor sites bouncing ideas off the wall or sighting sources within the league over the last few days.

I'd take Prince or Matt Puempel with Hoffman too. Puempel is a very interesting player who also may be available. Also a Murray-guy. But, zero chance Ducks trade Gibson. Essp for Ehrhoff.

Where are the trades? For a GM who said "everyone" is available, shouldn't we be seeing more activity? Is he going to jam them all into his schedule on Wednesday?

Thats the way it usually works, you may occasionally get one big one like the Friday deal, but then everything goes silent until about noon wednesday.

everyone will complain about the rumors/hype and no action, then talk about how disapointing the deadline day has been with only a couple of minor moves have been made, then just slightly after 12 noon Wednesday the flood gates will open and moves will be coming in

I wouldn't be surprised though if someone like Stewart is moved before the game tonight to Uncle Brian since it appears thats what he was obtained for.....

Where are the trades? For a GM who said "everyone" is available, shouldn't we be seeing more activity? Is he going to jam them all into his schedule on Wednesday?

A lot will be jammed into Wednesday. He only really has Moulson left that pretty much HAS to be moved. There are about 10 names that could be moved, but I'd assume he's close to trades on many fronts.

The thing that most people don't think about is that when conversations are had EVERY day a lot of deals get basically done and then are finalized Wednesday. Teams don't pull the trigger before Wednesday just to see if maybe they can get something better elsewhere before circling back.

I'd take Prince or Matt Puempel with Hoffman too. Puempel is a very interesting player who also may be available. Also a Murray-guy. But, zero chance Ducks trade Gibson. Essp for Ehrhoff.

If the Ducks trade a goalie, its going to be Fasth

Just like the Blues, they aren't going to give up their goalie of the future in a deadline move. If they are going to move one, and would like to make a run in the playoffs Fasth is the guy to go

We are 2.5 days removed from trading both the goalie and the team's captain and you think there's a lack of activity?

We are 2.5 days removed from trading both the goalie and the team's captain and you think there's a lack of activity?

The first blood has been drawn. Sabres fans have had this week to look forward to for the whole season. The masses want a trade every hour to entertain them to make up for the half a season of tanking.

Not to mention there have only been 3 trades (one of which being the Miller/Ott) for this trade deadline so far. Nothing's happening leaguewide.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

So what are some predictions?

I've been getting used to severely disappointing deadlines and transactions in all the major sports recently, but I do think this deadline will be an exception to that.

After first saying no, I think Kesler DOES get moved (to Pittsburgh).

Moulson (OTT), Chris Stewart (OTT), Vanek (LA), Andrew McDonald (BOS), Hemsky (SJ), Legwand (MIN), Stempniak (PHX), Kulikov (COL), Parenteau (MON) and Gaborik (VAN) all get moved.

Then I think we'll see a few surprises and at least one big name that hasn't been discussed a lot.

I think Callahan will sign a long term deal to stay in NY and St. Louis won't move until the offseason. Luongo also ends up getting moved in the offseason in my opinion.

Edited by Tankalicious

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Red Wings among teams with interest in Christian Ehrhoff, however, Det likes its youth and may do nothing if prices don't drop.

Interesting. I don't foresee the Wings trading for him. They can get depth elsewhere. There are other teams desperate enough for him that will probably pay a premium for him.