GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 11-29-13 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

Alright, some people take my posts too seriously.

I'll rephrase - Rip whoever you want, but realise our team is currently the worst in the league.

Never once during my ripping of the Leaves did I forget that our team is the worst in the league. Accentuating the negative is not something that needs to happen in every single post.

I think Phaneuf is significantly more of a difference maker than Ehrhoff. He's also several years younger. Now, I agree that the spread between them is not double the cap hit, but UFA costs what it costs.

I would too, but they are dying for top end talent. Phaneuf is going to be a really good NHL defenseman and leader for a long time.

How do you define difference maker? I'm on my phone so can't pull up the precise numbers, but Ehrhoff is a much better possession player and put up just as many points when he was on a team with forward talent. He was also the top minute Dman on the Cup runner up a few years back. Also, for someone who cares about playoff performance and what players do in the clutch, you seem to be completely overlooking Phaneuf captaining one of the greatest playoff collapses in recent memory.

Now don't get me wrong, Phaneuf is a really good player, but there's no way in hell I give him franchise money.

I don't think we are allowed to watch or show this video here until the Sabres are better and make it past the first round of the playoffs

That day will always be a great memory for me, the 1st Day I brought my daughter home from the Hospital was the epic Leafs playoff collapse day, I will be telling her the story many time throughout her life.

I don't think we are allowed to watch or show this video here until the Sabres are better and make it past the first round of the playoffs

I reiterate, firmly, that we can bash the Leafs as much as we want, always, completely regardless of where we are in the standings.

Don't be so quick to discard the rich history behind our great rivalries.

I reiterate, firmly, that we can bash the Leafs as much as we want, always, completely regardless of where we are in the standings.

Don't be so quick to discard the rich history behind our great rivalries.

Completely agree. Just because we're down now doesn't mean we've always been down. Even when the leafs were missing the playoffs year after year some of my buddies would bring up things like Brett Hull. These types of things are absolutly fair game.

Edit - what day did you bring your little girl home? My son was born on May 25th. My nearly full term pregnant wife jumped way up in the air for that Boston OT goal. She watches Sabres games with me but isn't really a fan of any team. She just hates the leafs. I thought she was going into labour right there and then.

How do you define difference maker? I'm on my phone so can't pull up the precise numbers, but Ehrhoff is a much better possession player and put up just as many points when he was on a team with forward talent. He was also the top minute Dman on the Cup runner up a few years back. Also, for someone who cares about playoff performance and what players do in the clutch, you seem to be completely overlooking Phaneuf captaining one of the greatest playoff collapses in recent memory.

Now don't get me wrong, Phaneuf is a really good player, but there's no way in hell I give him franchise money.

I would say Phaneuf is about as good as Ehrhoff in his offensive game, about as good in terms of defensive positioning and 2x-3x better in intimidation/hitting/ferocity/leadership. I don't think most GMs would trade Phaneuf for Ehrhoff, but they would trade Ehrhoff for Phaneuf.

You are certainly right about the playoff collapse. It's probably fair to say that the team as a whole was too young/inexperienced to keep it together in crunch time. He did captain a team that hadn't made the playoffs in forever to a 3-1 series lead and a 3-1 game 7 lead over a high-quality team, which was somewhat of an accomplishment.

I ask this question seriously. Would we win the Calder Cup if we were in the AHL?

It probably is. Just like a lot of things on here. It's not like we have a million things to talk about here. It is very difficult to constantly keep up on what every thread has going on it. For me they tend to blend together.

I wish some of you would stop worrying so much about what is in each thread. If a thread veers off topic or has similar content as another one -WHO CARES?? The way this season is going at least people are still around here.

I agree with you, by the way. ;)

At this point, nobody rooting for the Sabres should knock any other team.

Using that logic, we shouldn't be allowed to criticize any Sabre, because as far as I know none of us have been professional athletes.

Archived