GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 11-29-13 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

Well, under the CBA only the Leafs can give him an 8-year deal -- everyone else is limited to 7.

He's 28. I'd give him a fat 7-year deal in a heartbeat.

I know we need some veterans to show the youth the way. But our future looks very bright on the blueline and I would much rather spend that kind of money on a forward.

Ugh everyone knows we will suck this year and have a decent pick.... But we're not gonna be this bad next year, we may not be good, but no way we are this bad with a new GM and etc....

In GDT news, who thinks there is gonna be a carryover from the Phaneuf and Scott issue or will the stripes automatically hand out a misconduct to every sabre over 6'2" as soon as they touch the ice and effectively neuter our team

If that same ###### happens again, sabres should make a formal complaint.

And Brendan Shanahan will review it.

" After reviewing the formal complaint lodged by the Buffalo Sabres, I have concluded :nana: "

I couldn't find an emocon of giving the finger to.

People need to stop comparing Myers to Chara. If Myers finds his ceiling, he is Phaneuf. Considering Myers is hauling in 6+ a year....there isn't room for both of them on the roster. Now if we had traded Myers, Ennis and Stafford 2 years ago to Anaheim when the Ducks were a mess and grabbed Getzlaf and Ryan in return....then we could be talking about signing Phaneuf to put us over the top.

Dan Dunleavy previews Friday night's game against the Maple Leafs at First Niagara Center: Sabres-Maple Leafs Preview (11/29/13)

Matt D'Agostini speaks with the media following Friday's morning skate at First Niagara Center: Matt D'Agostini Interview (11/29/13)

Christian Ehrhoff speaks with Dan Dunleavy following Friday's morning skate at First Niagara Center: Christian Ehrhoff Interview (11/29/13)

Matt Moulson speaks with the media following Friday's morning skate at First Niagara Center: Matt Moulson Interview (11/29/13)

Steve Ott speaks with the media following Friday's morning skate at First Niagara Center: Steve Ott Interview (11/29/13)

At this point, nobody rooting for the Sabres should knock any other team.

Why? Are we supposed to take personal responsibility for the Sabres being terrible? The Leafs fell apart in the first round of the playoffs, and because of that I had to watch the douchey Bruins make it all the way to the finals. I will continue to be a hockey fan and rip on other teams. Especially hated divison rivals.

Correct on the years, and I still wouldn't want to give him anywhere near $8MM per year. That's franchise defenseman money for a guy who isn't a franchise player. Would you support doubling Ehrhoff's cap hit to $8MM? Because that's essentially what you're getting with Phaneuf (I know they're different types of player, but in a talent-tier sense they're in the same ballpark).

I think Phaneuf is significantly more of a difference maker than Ehrhoff. He's also several years younger. Now, I agree that the spread between them is not double the cap hit, but UFA costs what it costs.

I know we need some veterans to show the youth the way. But our future looks very bright on the blueline and I would much rather spend that kind of money on a forward.

I would too, but they are dying for top end talent. Phaneuf is going to be a really good NHL defenseman and leader for a long time.

People need to stop comparing Myers to Chara. If Myers finds his ceiling, he is Phaneuf. Considering Myers is hauling in 6+ a year....there isn't room for both of them on the roster. Now if we had traded Myers, Ennis and Stafford 2 years ago to Anaheim when the Ducks were a mess and grabbed Getzlaf and Ryan in return....then we could be talking about signing Phaneuf to put us over the top.

Myers' cap hit is $5.5MM, the cap is rising and the Sabres are going to have a ton of space.

Why? Are we supposed to take personal responsibility for the Sabres being terrible? The Leafs fell apart in the first round of the playoffs, and because of that I had to watch the douchey Bruins make it all the way to the finals. I will continue to be a hockey fan and rip on other teams. Especially hated divison rivals.

Isn't this being discussed elsewhere?

I ask this question seriously. Would we win the Calder Cup if we were in the AHL?

Isn't this being discussed elsewhere?

It probably is. Just like a lot of things on here. It's not like we have a million things to talk about here. It is very difficult to constantly keep up on what every thread has going on it. For me they tend to blend together.

I wish some of you would stop worrying so much about what is in each thread. If a thread veers off topic or has similar content as another one -WHO CARES?? The way this season is going at least people are still around here.

That game 7 collapse was indeed epic.

Alright, some people take my posts too seriously.

I'll rephrase - Rip whoever you want, but realise our team is currently the worst in the league.

Archived