GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 11-29-13 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

188131858_slide.jpg

TOR (14-9-2) at BUF (5-20-1) – NOV 29 – 7:30PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-AM

Sabres aim to end skid against Maple Leafs

D'Agostini ready for another new opportunity

Randy Carlyle Press Conference (11/28/13)

Ted Nolan Press Conference (11/28/13)

Ted Nolan Press Conference (11/29/13)

SABRES DIGITAL PRESSBOX

Leafs vs Sabres Game Notes PDF (11/29/13)

THE MORNING SKATE: D'AGOSTINI SET TO MAKE SABRES DEBUT

Dunleavy: Sabres-Maple Leafs Preview (11/29/13)

Matt D'Agostini Interview (11/29/13)

Christian Ehrhoff Interview (11/29/13)

Matt Moulson Interview (11/29/13)

Steve Ott Interview (11/29/13)

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup (pending morning skate & warmups)

26 Matt Moulson – 19 Cody Hodgson – 21 Drew Stafford

9 Steve Ott ("C") – 23 Ville Leino – 27 Matt D'Agostini

72 Luke Adam – 63 Tyler Ennis– 28 Zemgus Girgensons

82 Marcus Foligno – 65 Brian Flynn – 32 John Scott

X: 25 Mikhail Grigorenko

52 Alexander Sulzer – 10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A")

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 57 Tyler Myers

6 Mike Weber – 3 Mark Pysyk

X: 4 Jamie McBain, 44 Brayden McNabb

30 Ryan Miller

1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Buffalo scratched Matt D'Agostini, Jamie McBain and Mike Weber in Wednesday's 3-1 loss vs Montreal.

Cody McCormick (UBI) remains on injured reserve.

Weekly Transactions

Buffalo claimed Matt D'Agostini off waivers from Pittsburgh on Wednesday, waiving Corey Tropp, who was lost to Columbus.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Projected Lineup (pending morning skate & warmups)

21 James van Riemsdyk – 42 Tyler Bozak – 81 Phil Kessel

12 Mason Raymond – 43 Nazem Kadri – 71 David Clarkson

11 Jay McClement ("A") – 24 Peter Holland – 41 Nikolai Kulemin

23 Trevor Smith – 22 Jerred Smithson – 28 Colton Orr

X: 19 Joffrey Lupul ("A"), 38 Frazer McLaren

3 Dion Phaneuf ("C") – 36 Carl Gunnarsson

15 Paul Ranger – 44 Morgan Rielly

2 Mark Fraser – 4 Cody Franson

X: 51 Jake Gardiner

34 James Reimer

45 Jonathan Bernier

Lineup News & Notes

Toronto scratched Jake Gardiner, Joffrey Lupul (groin) and Frazer McLaren in Wednesday's 6-5 SOL at Pittsburgh.

Dave Bolland (ankle) remains inactive.

Weekly Transactions

Toronto signed Frederik Gauthier to a 3-yr ELC on Wednesday. Carter Ashton called up from AHL this morning.

Another game? Ughhh.

At least I can't watch it because I'll be at work. I'll also be missing 2nd thanksgiving (ultimate childhood perk of divorced parents) and a hockey game with all the friends that are home.

Toronto fell apart against the Pens, and we know that they are capable of losing to us. They are soft and pathetic and I hate them.

But that doesn't mean I don't like you, millbank! I have plenty of beloved friends from Toronto that I hate!

Drew Stafford on the first line makes me want to fight strangers at Wal-Mart.

I hate Drew. With a vengeance, let there be no doubt.

But I have to say, he's looked different under Nolan.

Not "4.5 mill. a year caliber" different, but not hopeless either.

Another psychotically bad contract to pin on Regier.

Go to the projected lineups and consider trading each player listed in their respected spots. The first two lines not one Sabre is the better end of the trade. All total I think we would have 6 players that I would not trade straight up for the Leaf. And that's not considering Bolland and Lupol are injured.

I am not a Leaf fan but to knock their team is a joke. Not one person on here wouldn't take that team compared to our abortion in a heartbeat.

Matt D'Agostini on the second line?

Really?

We scratch Ennis for his boneheaded penalties?

Ok.

I watch and learn but i do not neglect my right to complain later about these moves.

Ennis's penalty was "boneheaded", but if you start scratching players for penalties, you're going to have players that are so afraid of making a mistake, that it will affect their play. To bring in D'Agostini and place him right in the top 6 is a joke IMO.

Go to the projected lineups and consider trading each player listed in their respected spots. The first two lines not one Sabre is the better end of the trade. All total I think we would have 6 players that I would not trade straight up for the Leaf. And that's not considering Bolland and Lupol are injured.

I am not a Leaf fan but to knock their team is a joke. Not one person on here wouldn't take that team compared to our abortion in a heartbeat.

At this point, nobody rooting for the Sabres should knock any other team.

As Kristain said, I don't think we can knock any other team. Having said that, the leafs have been in rebuild mode for the past decade now and are still a middling team. I won't knock them but I don't want to look to them as a success story either.

Staffords getting better, he still sucks. Toronto is doing better, they still suck. and NO I would never take their team b/c I don't like them. Wouldn't want Kessel or Phaneuf on this team either. Another reason I wouldn't want their team is because it could interfere with the process of getting a 1st overall pick. And finally I share a strange sentiment for the sabres that the leafs cannot replace.

&I'll knock on Toronto's team all I want

Staffords getting better, he still sucks. Toronto is doing better, they still suck. and NO I would never take their team b/c I don't like them. Wouldn't want Kessel or Phaneuf on this team either. Another reason I wouldn't want their team is because it could interfere with the process of getting a 1st overall pick. And finally I share a strange sentiment for the sabres that the leafs cannot replace.

&I'll knock on Toronto's team all I want

I would take Phaneuf in a heartbeat, and I really hope the Sabres go after him hard in free agency this summer.

@SNHockeyCentral

Maple Leafs have called up forward Carter Ashton.

Nolan just said in his Presser that Ennis back to Center.

@pham1717

Grigorenko is scratched. Nolan said both he and McNabb will play in New Jersey,.

@BuffNewsVogl

Ted Nolan says Mikhail Grigorenko will be back in lineup Saturday, adds Brayden McNabb a little too aggressive jumping up in play lately.

If the Sabres offer Phaneuf anywhere near an 8x8 contract, I'll have an aneurysm. Somebody's going to do it, and I don't want it to be us.

Well, under the CBA only the Leafs can give him an 8-year deal -- everyone else is limited to 7.

He's 28. I'd give him a fat 7-year deal in a heartbeat.

Well, under the CBA only the Leafs can give him an 8-year deal -- everyone else is limited to 7.

I know we're desperate for guys who can actually play hockey, but really - 7 years at 8 mill. a year for Phaneuf? Bit too steep for me.

Correct on the years, and I still wouldn't want to give him anywhere near $8MM per year. That's franchise defenseman money for a guy who isn't a franchise player. Would you support doubling Ehrhoff's cap hit to $8MM? Because that's essentially what you're getting with Phaneuf (I know they're different types of player, but in a talent-tier sense they're in the same ballpark).

Archived