Vanek Traded to NYI for Matt Moulson, 1st in 2014 (or 2015!), 2nd in 2015; 4 Months Later: Moulson to MN for 2014/2016 2nd Rounders

Robviously

I think you mean second "C."

Give it to Girgensons right now. He's the right stuff. I don't care how old he is, either. This is the young turks' squad.

GO SABRES!!!

I imagine Ott is now the full time C and they will give a second A

Well, the old core is truley broken. Four traded, one on the fourth line and one peppered with more shots than a soldier. Time for the kids to inherit this team. Let's hope they step up. Myers and Hodgson need to be the mentors now. I wonder if they can rise to it

Gracias.

So, two second rounders in the next two drafts, and (for now) two first rounders in the most immediate draft, one being a top 5 pick? I like that, a lot. :beer:

Hard to believe Darcy won't package that 2nd rounder and that Isles first to move up a little if the opportunity is there.

We also have the LA Kings' 2nd rounders in 2014 and 2015 from the Regehr trade.

Plus this one for 2015.

Plus Minnesota's in 2014.

So we have 3 2nd round picks in each of the next two drafts. Two 1st rounders this year, and (so far) just our first round pick in 2015.

Thank you for the entertainment Thomas. I was hoping you'd be our LW going forward.

I expect that the Islanders #1 pick is not going to be in the first half of the round. Hopefully we get a roster player out of it. it will be in coin toss territory.

Well, the old core is truley broken. Four traded, one on the fourth line and one peppered with more shots than a soldier. Time for the kids to inherit this team. Let's hope they step up. Myers and Hodgson need to be the mentors now. I wonder if they can rise to it

Thank goodness they still have the guys that matter, like Stafford.

ANOTHER Sabres goalie chimes in:

Martin Biron@martybiron432m

Having played with Matt Moulson, I can tell you that he is a pure goal scorer. Sad to see Vanek go but this is very good for the Sabres.

That and Marty is talking as if he is a part of the Sabres organization already. I can live with that.

Gracias.

So, two second rounders in the next two drafts, and (for now) two first rounders in the most immediate draft, one being a top 5 pick? I like that, a lot. :beer:

Hard to believe Darcy won't package that 2nd rounder and that Isles first to move up a little if the opportunity is there.

And if the Islanders don't make the playoffs there's slightly better lottery odds.

We also have the LA Kings' 2nd rounders in 2014 and 2015 from the Regehr trade.

Plus this one for 2015.

Plus Minnesota's in 2014.

So we have 3 2nd round picks in each of the next two drafts. Two 1st rounders this year, and (so far) just our first round pick in 2015.

The opportunity is certainly there. I haven't been around long enough to say this about the entire history of the Sabres, but sense I've been watching, these will undoubtedly be the most important years to this organization. 6 first rounders in three years, an abundance of 2nd rounders, and the potential to get only their 3rd (maybe 2nd?) ever first overall pick. If we're all angry and pissed a decade from now, you can look back and blame our ###### drafting

@TSNBobMcKenzie

NYI say they do not have a contract extension in place with Thomas Vanek. He's UFA at the end of the season.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

NYI GM Garth Snow on Vanek trade: "We had opportunity to acquire an elite player and given where we we are right now (.500), you go for it."

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Vanek's agent Stephen Bartlett said his client is "excited to be an Islander," but no contract extension is part of the trade.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Bartlett on Vanek, who is UFA July 1:"We'll take it day by day and focus on the short term for now and see where we are at season's end."

The opportunity is certainly there. I haven't been around long enough to say this about the entire history of the Sabres, but sense I've been watching, these will undoubtedly be the most important years to this organization. 6 first rounders in three years, an abundance of 2nd rounders, and the potential to get only their 3rd (maybe 2nd?) ever first overall pick. If we're all angry and pissed a decade from now, you can look back and blame our ###### drafting

Our only 2 first overall picks are Perrault and Turgeon.

I imagine Ott is now the full time C and they will give a second A

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. Makes more sense to just have Ott as the only C.

Give the A to Girgs, then. He's got more heart than Myers and Hodgson combined. That's not a knock on either of them, it's just the way it is.

GO SABRES!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.