Vanek Traded to NYI for Matt Moulson, 1st in 2014 (or 2015!), 2nd in 2015; 4 Months Later: Moulson to MN for 2014/2016 2nd Rounders

Robviously

I HATE this trade only because of Moulson. The picks were inevitable but I wanted a prospect to grow with our pool of prospects and youngings. So what happens here? Moulson signing an extension? Trading him too? He's a free agent at the end of the year as well

He hasn't said he's going to go to minny no matter what like Vanek did, so there's that. He'll get a higher return at the deadline for that, at which point i expect prospects, because we already have a good amount of draft picks.

Side note: Anyone know what that other Minny pick was from Pommer's trade?

He hasn't said he's going to go to minny no matter what like Vanek did, so there's that. He'll get a higher return at the deadline for that, at which point i expect prospects, because we already have a good amount of draft picks.

Side note: Anyone know what that other Minny pick was from Pommer's trade?

It's their 2nd rounder in 2014.

It's their 2nd rounder in 2014.

2014 2nd rounder

Gracias.

So, two second rounders in the next two drafts, and (for now) two first rounders in the most immediate draft, one being a top 5 pick? I like that, a lot. :beer:

Hard to believe Darcy won't package that 2nd rounder and that Isles first to move up a little if the opportunity is there.

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.