Vanek Traded to NYI for Matt Moulson, 1st in 2014 (or 2015!), 2nd in 2015; 4 Months Later: Moulson to MN for 2014/2016 2nd Rounders

Robviously

Well reading Isle fans reactions, they ALL feel like they got raked over the coals. I'll take that as a pretty good measuring stick for now...

The price the Islanders paid was heavy. But it isn't anything that can help the Sabres in the next several years.

Well reading Isle fans reactions, they ALL feel like they got raked over the coals. I'll take that as a pretty good measuring stick for now...

My guess is they'll change their tune when they see Vanek with Tavares for a couple months.

I think they change their tunes when they see just how good Vanek is capable of being.

Beaten by *that* much :angry:

On the face of it, it appears we got a more durable player who has similar production in the past 4 years along w/ a 1st and 2nd. For what appears to be a rental for the Isles. There has to be money behind the scenes of this trade....maybe we're eating 2-3M of Vanek's salary this year? He's making 6.4M in real money this year.

What did you want asked?

I posted 2 or 3 above - and there were a couple others - but what's the point? There's no accountability for Regier within the Sabres - Pegula is just a fan-boy. I think the press just needs to keep hammering on him and the management, and keep the pressure on - highlight empty seats, dissatisfied fans, listless play by veterans, etc etc etc. There should be negative articles and columns about the Sabres regularly appearing in print, and on TV.

Edited by Jsixspd

Miller needs to be moved NOW. It's obvious now that Darcy is in full rebuild mode. If all the new kids are getting their chance to play, Enroth should be given starting time moving forward. With Miller around, they're obligated to play him.

I posted 2 or 3 above - and there were a couple others - but what's the point? There's no accountability for Regier within the Sabres - Pegula is just a fan-boy. I think the press just needs to keep hammering on him and the management, and keep the pressure on - highlight empty seats, dissatisfied fans, listless play by veterans, etc etc etc.

skip skip skip skip skip

On the face of it, it appears we got a more durable player who has similar production in the past 4 years along w/ a 1st and 2nd. For what appears to be a rental for the Isles. There has to be money behind the scenes of this trade....maybe we're eating 2-3M of Vanek's salary this year? He's making 6.4M in real money this year.

Durability is definitely a big difference between Moulson and Vanek.

I really like Moulson. I know most don't get to see a lot of Isles games, but Matt is always around the net and always scores "dirty" goals. Probably gone at the deadline, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Moulson's game.

Yeah, like Terry Pegula paying Jason Pominville approx. $700k to come to home and embarrass the Sabres in their own crib a couple weeks ago.

Meh, I'm getting the impression Moulson has been under the microscope: http://eyesonisles.c...t-matt-moulson/

So maybe we traded one dog with fleas, for another dog with a different set of fleas? LOL I think the only thing that matters to Pegula and Co. is the draft picks - whether Moulson plays well or not is just an afterthought, because he's just passing through anyways.

Regier's evasive answer when asked - "Is this season a write-off?" - that confirmed what many are already thinking.

Edited by Jsixspd

Yeah, like Terry Pegula paying Jason Pominville approx. $700k to come to home and embarrass the Sabres in their own crib a couple weeks ago.

Paying some of the salary to sweeten the pot is the only way left to game the system and get more draft picks. That money may have gotten us the extra 2nd next year. Similar to taking on Kotalik in the Regehr trade. I know Pegula receives his fair share of criticism, I think he's doing everything he can financially to help the team.

Paying some of the salary to sweeten the pot is the only way left to game the system and get more draft picks. That money may have gotten us the extra 2nd next year. Similar to taking on Kotalik in the Regehr trade. I know Pegula receives his fair share of criticism, I think he's doing everything he can financially to help the team.

That's assuming we're paying some of Vanek's salary....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.