Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

My primary point is pretty simple: the Sabre's offensive prospect pool does not have the high-end first and second line talent that is going to win a Cup. Period. There may be kids who can play on a second line on a NHL team...but on a Cup contending team? I haven't seen those projections anywhere. Care to point them out?

There are two ways to win the cup in the cap era — the top-heavy Pittsburgh/Chicago model, or the deep and gritty Boston model. The Sabres prospect pool appears to have the talent/assets to win the Boston model. Look over on the prospect thread and you'll find them.

Over two drafts, the Sabres may draft in the top 5 once. This draft. If the Islanders give up the pick this year, it could be in the top 6 or 7, but this draft isn't 6 or 7 deep. The Sabres could possibly win the lottery this draft and pick first with their pick, or lose and pick second, and if the latter, will be somewhat fortunate to wind up with Reinhart.

The Sabres WILL pick no worse than second this year. The Islanders WILL NOT pick any higher than fifth and are two points ahead of the number two slot. There are two first-line offensive players (Reinhart and Bennett) at the top of this draft, and potentially two more (Draisaitl and Dal Colle).

With all of the scuttlebutt over the 2015 draft ALREADY, I would not bank on the Sabres getting the first pick even if they do tank next season, which I am not convinced they will. So, frankly, all of you McDavid zealots really need to wake up and kiss him goodbye. Honestly, I would not be surprised if the league is already talking to the Sabres and telling them they better try and put a better product on the ice next season. Just a guess, of course, but it seems plausible.

So, let's say the Sabres pick, oh, fifth in 2015. And if they get the Islander's pick in 2015 who knows where that will be...6 or 7 again (I doubt the Islanders give up their first round in 2015, highly doubt it, if that draft is causing problems already over a year out). The Sabres may get someone good, but, well, okay, let's say it's the equivalent to Vanek (Vanek 2.0).

McDavid is a dream, even if they don't blow up the lottery system. But you are discounting two important factors: next year's draft looks to have four or five first-liners; the Sabres are horrifically bad, and the Islanders are probably their best rival for the basement next year. You can't count on both teams being bottom five next year, but it's a bet I'd take.

Over two drafts, they get a top 2 at best (Reinhart), a top 7 (Islanders pick this year), and a Vanek 2.0 type player next year. And then these guys need to develop for several seasons.

Your scenario is no more likely to happen — probably less — than Reinhart this year, Eichel next year, and a Draisaitl type with the third high first.

That's only THREE (3) III players who could...COULD...fill the needs of the team, and they will still need to develop over the next three, four, five years.

STOP. No one else has a problem with this, so far? Right? Makes sense?

QUESTION: is it smart to bank on these three players being the right talent to make the team a contender? Personally, I do not like relying on fortune to work my way. It's childish to me.

Okay, so, we have only THREE PLAYERS with the potential to be true first line talent. The odds, as have been pointed out here somewhere recently, of a player being quality first or second line talent after the, what was it, top 10 in the draft, drop significantly. So, yes, they will have other picks these two drafts, but, again, are you honestly expecting fortune to work in the Sabres' favour? My kids think like that.

I would expect two of three top-five picks to become first line talent. No guarantees, but it's reasonable given what history shows.

How many first line talents do you need? How many are there on the Bruins and Hawks?

I also think it's not unreasonable to think that between Girgs, Grigs, Armia, the six forwards we have from last year's top 60-odd picks and the extra high picks we are getting this year and next, that a Krejci and a Lucic will emerge.

Yes, they will take time to develop.

The current roster is just awful offensively. That includes Hodgson, Stafford, Ennis, even, sad to say, Girgensons (although I find it mildly interesting scoring dropped...a lot...after Girgs went out).

The defense may be set, and I think it is, the goaltending may be set, and I think the Sabres are in good shape there, too. But there is NOTHING there offensively. They essentially have to re-craft all four lines. THREE DRAFTEES WHO AREN'T EVEN IN THE SYSTEM YET ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE A DENT IN THE SABRES' ABILITY TO COMPETE. Not for ........yyyeeeaaarrrrs. Sorry, that is the truth (in my opinion).

(NOTE: "Ability to compete" is meant to imply not only win games, but win games and attract outside talent, improving their ability to sign better free-agents, and also, as Nolan says, get the calls on the ice going their way. Being competitive is a multi-faceted endeavor, but, obviously, it starts with scoring goals and winning games.)

So. To finalize the point, relying on the draft and the prospects: not a smart way, or sure way, to conduct business. And since I believe that to be the case, I believe that GMTM is going to have to do more in the way of moves, signings, and more moves, and more signings to get this team where everyone wants it to be.

That means, maybe, trading Myers. That means, trading some of these prospects currently in the system everyone has high hopes for. That means trading Ennis. That means waiting for Stafford to increase his cache and trade him the hell out of here. That means maybe having to dip into the D prospect pool. I think there needs to be MORE done than the superficial stuff talked about around here, than the funny tank pictures in game threads belies, to ASSURE the team becomes competitive.

I think it goes without saying trades and free agents signings will have to be made. Murray has said as much.

The draft merely provides the base, and lots of high picks improve the odds that base will be a strong one.

And I think these priors thrown out like Pittsburgh in 4 years, Chicago in 3 or whatever it was, are NOT A RELIABLE MEASURE of the Sabres' circumstance because I think the Sabres are in worse shape than those teams were. I say 5 years bare minimum.

Don't agree? Have at it. But talk, don't be a doosh.

I don't think the Sabres are in worse shape than those teams were. Regardless, it will be at least three years until we are competitive again and it could take longer.

I look at this era of the Sabres developing like Punch Imlach's expansion club did. Consider this 1970 all over again.

When we do arrive, I expect us to be good for a long time.

Edited by dudacek

Good posts everyone, took awhile to read, but they were worth it.

IMHO, I guess I just don't understand how we could possibly just inherit/lure not one, or two, but, as sizzle suggests, a full top six of young offensive talents to come here in either FA or through trades. That just doesn't happen. Most FA's like that will A) not come to a dead last team and B) resign with their team or a better for a substantial amount of money. I'm not saying the Sabres won't spend, but in our position we would need to max out on deals for players like the injury-prone Callahan just to get them to come here. And then what? Do that miraculous feat 5 more times to fill out a top 6? It just doesn't add up for me.

Nobody's saying we come out of the gates with a cup team sizzle, and from what I gather you think building solely upon the draft won't work or, at best, will take 3-4 years. I think the best way to attack a rebuild is exactly what the Sabres are doing, gather as many young, potential top players you can, see which ones pan out, and then address the holes filled by those that don't through FA and trades later on when they are contenders. Why do that now? Buying teams just doesn't work. The Yankees tried for years, the Dream-Team Eagles, the Dolphins, the ailing Patriots, the list goes on and on. You can't just buy a team, they need to mature in your system, develop chemistry together, and learn to care about who they play with rather than what they play for. I'm not saying drafting will exclusively grant us a cup, but I have no doubt it's where we start.

Don't be asinine. Can you not have a conversation where, while you disagree with the premise, you don't attack the point or the person like it kicked your dog? F*ck.

<rant>

I'd really like to see you practice what you are preaching here in the politics thread. ;)

That's because you're too busy trying to construct straw men from my points. And why must you characterize it as a rant? AM I TYPING LIKE THIS>?S!? Don't be asinine. Can you not have a conversation where, while you disagree with the premise, you don't attack the point or the person like it kicked your dog? F*ck.

My primary point is pretty simple: the Sabre's offensive prospect pool does not have the high-end first and second line talent that is going to win a Cup. Period. There may be kids who can play on a second line on a NHL team...but on a Cup contending team? I haven't seen those projections anywhere. Care to point them out? I would love to have more faith. There are 30 teams, as you all know, so, being a second line offensive player on a NHL team doesn't say a whole lot.

Over two drafts, the Sabres may draft in the top 5 once. This draft. If the Islanders give up the pick this year, it could be in the top 6 or 7, but this draft isn't 6 or 7 deep. The Sabres could possibly win the lottery this draft and pick first with their pick, or lose and pick second, and if the latter, will be somewhat fortunate to wind up with Reinhart.

With all of the scuttlebutt over the 2015 draft ALREADY, I would not bank on the Sabres getting the first pick even if they do tank next season, which I am not convinced they will. So, frankly, all of you McDavid zealots really need to wake up and kiss him goodbye. Honestly, I would not be surprised if the league is already talking to the Sabres and telling them they better try and put a better product on the ice next season. Just a guess, of course, but it seems plausible.

So, let's say the Sabres pick, oh, fifth in 2015. And if they get the Islander's pick in 2015 who knows where that will be...6 or 7 again (I doubt the Islanders give up their first round in 2015, highly doubt it, if that draft is causing problems already over a year out). The Sabres may get someone good, but, well, okay, let's say it's the equivalent to Vanek (Vanek 2.0).

Over two drafts, they get a top 2 at best (Reinhart), a top 7 (Islanders pick this year), and a Vanek 2.0 type player next year. And then these guys need to develop for several seasons.

That's only THREE (3) III players who could...COULD...fill the needs of the team, and they will still need to develop over the next three, four, five years.

QUESTION: is it smart to bank on these three players being the right talent to make the team a contender? Personally, I do not like relying on fortune to work my way. It's childish to me.

Okay, so, we have only THREE PLAYERS with the potential to be true first line talent. The odds, as have been pointed out here somewhere recently, of a player being quality first or second line talent after the, what was it, top 10 in the draft, drop significantly. So, yes, they will have other picks these two drafts, but, again, are you honestly expecting fortune to work in the Sabres' favour? My kids think like that.

The current roster is just awful offensively. That includes Hodgson, Stafford, Ennis, even, sad to say, Girgensons (although I find it mildly interesting scoring dropped...a lot...after Girgs went out).

The defense may be set, and I think it is, the goaltending may be set, and I think the Sabres are in good shape there, too. But there is NOTHING there offensively. They essentially have to re-craft all four lines. THREE DRAFTEES WHO AREN'T EVEN IN THE SYSTEM YET ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE A DENT IN THE SABRES' ABILITY TO COMPETE. Not for ........yyyeeeaaarrrrs. Sorry, that is the truth (in my opinion).

(NOTE: "Ability to compete" is meant to imply not only win games, but win games and attract outside talent, improving their ability to sign better free-agents, and also, as Nolan says, get the calls on the ice going their way. Being competitive is a multi-faceted endeavor, but, obviously, it starts with scoring goals and winning games.)

So. To finalize the point, relying on the draft and the prospects: not a smart way, or sure way, to conduct business. And since I believe that to be the case, I believe that GMTM is going to have to do more in the way of moves, signings, and more moves, and more signings to get this team where everyone wants it to be.

That means, maybe, trading Myers. That means, trading some of these prospects currently in the system everyone has high hopes for. That means trading Ennis. That means waiting for Stafford to increase his cache and trade him the hell out of here. That means maybe having to dip into the D prospect pool. I think there needs to be MORE done than the superficial stuff talked about around here, than the funny tank pictures in game threads belies, to ASSURE the team becomes competitive. And I think these priors thrown out like Pittsburgh in 4 years, Chicago in 3 or whatever it was, are NOT A RELIABLE MEASURE of the Sabres' circumstance because I think the Sabres are in worse shape than those teams were. I say 5 years bare minimum.

Overall I agree with this. There is no magic bullet quick fix for this franchise. The problems run too deep. There is this unrealistic idea that the Sabres will draft #1 a couple of times, suddenly prime free agents are going to sign and the Sabres will suddenly be contending in a couple of years. There appears to be a real lack of understanding of where the Sabres are and what it will take to turn this ship around by some on this board. The Sabres are in the early stages of the process and some fans are setting themselves up for some real disappointment.

The Sabre best chance is Tim Murray's ability to maximize assets which goes far beyond the names he announces in the first rounds of the 2014 & 2015 drafts. It may take the moving of Girgenssons or a couple of young defensman as part of moving this team in the right direction. It may even take trading away one of the top picks in the upcoming drafts. All options are open for Murray and it will interesting to see how he navigates this franchise into the future.

Good posts everyone, took awhile to read, but they were worth it.

IMHO, I guess I just don't understand how we could possibly just inherit/lure not one, or two, but, as sizzle suggests, a full top six of young offensive talents to come here in either FA or through trades. That just doesn't happen. Most FA's like that will A) not come to a dead last team and B) resign with their team or a better for a substantial amount of money. I'm not saying the Sabres won't spend, but in our position we would need to max out on deals for players like the injury-prone Callahan just to get them to come here. And then what? Do that miraculous feat 5 more times to fill out a top 6? It just doesn't add up for me.

Nobody's saying we come out of the gates with a cup team sizzle, and from what I gather you think building solely upon the draft won't work or, at best, will take 3-4 years. I think the best way to attack a rebuild is exactly what the Sabres are doing, gather as many young, potential top players you can, see which ones pan out, and then address the holes filled by those that don't through FA and trades later on when they are contenders. Why do that now? Buying teams just doesn't work. The Yankees tried for years, the Dream-Team Eagles, the Dolphins, the ailing Patriots, the list goes on and on. You can't just buy a team, they need to mature in your system, develop chemistry together, and learn to care about who they play with rather than what they play for. I'm not saying drafting will exclusively grant us a cup, but I have no doubt it's where we start.

The Sabres best chance at adding top end NHL talent is through trading for players with term left on their contracts. Free agency is just not a realistic option for the worst team in hockey.

Edited by deluca67

That's because you're too busy trying to construct straw men from my points. And why must you characterize it as a rant? AM I TYPING LIKE THIS>?S!? Don't be asinine. Can you not have a conversation where, while you disagree with the premise, you don't attack the point or the person like it kicked your dog? F*ck.

My primary point is pretty simple: the Sabre's offensive prospect pool does not have the high-end first and second line talent that is going to win a Cup. Period. There may be kids who can play on a second line on a NHL team...but on a Cup contending team? I haven't seen those projections anywhere. Care to point them out? I would love to have more faith. There are 30 teams, as you all know, so, being a second line offensive player on a NHL team doesn't say a whole lot.

That means, maybe, trading Myers. That means, trading some of these prospects currently in the system everyone has high hopes for. That means trading Ennis. That means waiting for Stafford to increase his cache and trade him the hell out of here. That means maybe having to dip into the D prospect pool. I think there needs to be MORE done than the superficial stuff talked about around here, than the funny tank pictures in game threads belies, to ASSURE the team becomes competitive. And I think these priors thrown out like Pittsburgh in 4 years, Chicago in 3 or whatever it was, are NOT A RELIABLE MEASURE of the Sabres' circumstance because I think the Sabres are in worse shape than those teams were. I say 5 years bare minimum.

I like that you start off by accusing me of attacking straw men but then return to your premise that there are people on this board who aren't open to Murray making big trades to rebuild the team. Who is saying that? I'm pretty sure everyone here likes the idea of big trades happening -- and that they can happen even as we lean heavily on the draft.

Oh, and it's a rant because you're writing long, angry posts that make very firm statements about the future. This can't happen or that won't happen. Is that a wise choice given how unpredictable pro sports are? Or given how unpredictable the draft can be? Now you're even mixing in a little conspiracy theory about the NHL behind the scenes telling the Sabres they need to improve and can't have McDavid. OK.

As far as "THREE DRAFTEES WHO ARE NOT IN THE SYSTEM YET ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE A DENT..." (a sentence that needed to be completely capitalized in your non-rant), we know one prospect can make a huge dent in any organization. And it doesn't have to be someone you expect. The Dallas Stars are built around a 5th round pick named Jamie Benn. This is also you talking in absolutes about future events again. And acting like anyone who sees the future unfolding differently must be senseless.

At any rate, if your whole point is that we should also make trades to get better, way to go. I'm pretty sure everyone was already on board with our GM making some trades and signings while he's here.

Whatever the Sabres end up doing to attempt to turn the team around, they will draft players each June. I'd rather have the players from the next two drafts be top 2 picks rather than 10-12, and I'm willing to watch the team be bad another year to make that happen. I do not expect those picks to be the magic answer, but part of the answer.

Just to summarize:

Everyone knows that we ...

1) can't build exclusively through the draft.

2) will have to give up young assets in trade for veterans and established talent (at some point.)

3) will need to sign some free agents to augment the young talent.

4) will draft high this year (possibly twice.)

5) have some decent talent (especially on D) in the pipeline.

The only real disagreement seems to be what to do next year, starting with this offseason. There seem to be two option: 1) start making some of these non-draft moves now, putting up a better, but likely not truly competitive team next year, or 2) do little to help the team in the short-run, suffer through another bad season, draft high in a deep draft with a couple of elite-level prospects, and then start making those other moves the following off-season. The question is whether there is enough real benefit (including having a better product on the ice for ticket-holders) to trying to make trades/FA signings this summer versus next summer to offset the likely decrease in draft position, including a not-so-insignificant shot at one of those two elite prospects, next summer.

Personally, since I (a) don't feel that delaying those trades/signings will significantly impact this team beyond next year, and (b) don't believe that we will be close to competing for the Cup next year regardless of the moves that TM makes, I'd opt for the wait a year and potentially add a lot to the prospect talent pool over the next year. In June/July of 2015, TM can start working those trades and signing those FAs.

What exactly is a Cup-worthy prospect pool anyway? Does such a thing even exist? Like many of you have already said, no group of prospects alone wins you a Cup. Complementary pieces need to be added to make that team complete. We're also skipping the most important step of all, the actual development of those prospects.

There's a very good reason why Tim Murray is here right now. If this so called group of Cup-worthy prospects actually did exist and we already had it, Regier would still be here.

How i see what will happen next two years.

Murray will pick Bennet or Draisaitl, two guys whom can play wing/center and slot next to Grigorenko or Hodgson. if hodgson or grigs fail they can take the center spot.

Resign Ott and sign Callahan in the offseason.

Tank is still on, get another top5 pick in 2015, and sign patrick kane offseason.

Defense wise nothing will change, because nobody will pay the myers asking price and erhoffs recapture penalty is to scary to let him go to another team.

In two years 2016

Bennet/Draisaitl - Grigorenko - Kane

Ennis - Hodgson - callahan <----- 2015 1st round pick probably will replace Ennis or Hodgson here.

Deslauriers - Girgensons - Conacher

Carrier - Ott - Foligno / larsson / Flynn

Myers - Zadorov

Erhoff - Ristolainen

Ruhwedel - Pysyk

Goalie

Neuvirth

Enroth - will probably get traded and be replaced by Ullmark.

An yes i have high hopes still for Grigorenko, More than for Ennis or Hodgson still being here in two years to be honest.

Edited by Heimdall

Draisaitl wouldn't shock me given Murray's emphasis on "big bodies." He's 6'2" and 200+ pounds already.

I like what I hear bits of what I hear about all the highest-ranked forwards. I don't know which one is the "right" one. Right now I just hope GMTM lives up to the hype he gets for talent evaluation in the draft.

Completely agree. I like Reinhart (obviously) but perhaps Bennett or maybe Draisaitl is the player we should take. My issue with Draisaitl is I worry how his game will translate, maybe GMTM thinks it will be just fine. No matter who we select this year I think it will be the right choice. Our scouts have been quite good over the last couple of years and with TM and his talent evaluation skills I think we should come out of this draft very well.

So why don't people think we have potential top six forwards in our prospect pool? That seems like a theme the past day

I am unsure as to why. Armia, Possler, Baptiste, Compher are all players that have top 6 potential. Some other guys may emerge as well. Hurley is certainly a player to watch when he goes to college next year. Time will tell but the negativity is a little surprising.

Other guys with top 6 potential, Grigorenko, Bailey, Fasching, maybe Larsson.

What exactly is a Cup-worthy prospect pool anyway? Does such a thing even exist? Like many of you have already said, no group of prospects alone wins you a Cup. Complementary pieces need to be added to make that team complete. We're also skipping the most important step of all, the actual development of those prospects.

There's a very good reason why Tim Murray is here right now. If this so called group of Cup-worthy prospects actually did exist and we already had it, Regier would still be here.

Yes.

Edited by LGR4GM

If that's your summary, then you're making a pretty thoughtless jump from senseless gamble to a return to Regier-style management.

I'm saying that the draft(s) and prospects are not going to get the Sabres to the Promised Land. There's no way it happens as things stand. GMTM is going to have to make more moves than a lot of people seen to be anticipating, and they will have to be significant.

The Tank Nation view seems cavalier and short-sighted; that the next two drafts are going to solve this team's problems. So, really, you think a couple of 18 and 19 year old kids are going to put the offensive prospect pool over the top? And that the resultant roster is going to make it into the second round and beyond three years out?

Your analogy assumes Buffalo gets the golden tickets two drafts in a row!

no it doesn't...it assumes 1 #1 draft pick

I don't think there will be too much issue bringing in some decent FAs this offseason. IMO, GMTM will be able to convince at least one or two higher end FAs to come play for TN and be our star for the next few years, and help us over that hump. plus, the money aspect still looms large.

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

Updates 3/10/14

Michael Dal Colle: 38g, 56a, 94pts, 65gp = 40g, 59a, 99pts, 68gp

Sam Bennett: 36g, 55a, 91pts, 56gp = 44g, 67a, 111pts, 68gp

Samson Reinhart: 34g, 64a, 98pts, 56gp = 41g, 78a, 119pts, 68gp

Jake Virtanen: 42g, 25a, 67pts, 68gp = Final.

Leon Draisaitl: 35g, 62a, 97pts, 60gp = 40g, 70a, 110pts, 68gp

Last Update: 3/20/14

Michael Dal Colle: 39g, 56a, 95pts, 67gp = 40g, 57a, 97pts, 68gp

Sam Bennett: 36g, 55a, 91pts, 57gp = 43g, 66a, 109pts, 68gp

Sam Reinhart: 36g, 69a, 105pts, 60gp = 41g, 78a, 119pts, 68gp

Jake Virtanen: 45g, 26a, 71pts, 71gp = 43g, 25a, 68pts, 68gp

Leon Draisaitl: 38g, 67a, 105pts, 64gp = 40g, 71a, 111pts, 68gp

There you have it ladies and gents. The final extrapolated points (accept Virtanen) for all the top guys in the draft. Do with them what you will.

What I will say about it is that Draisaitl finished the season very strong. Reinhart did as well. Bennett's production dropped a smidge but he also got injured at one point. It will be interesting to see who GMTM thinks is truly the best guy for us. All the top guys bring something very different to the table.

I'm breaking it down like this:

• On the surface, the D looks OK based on "vets" that are signed (Myers and Ehrhoff) and the prospect pool (Risto, Zadorov, etc.).
  • Goaltending is a question mark, but none of the 3 GT we've seen play in the last week seem terrible, so hopefully one of those shows themselves as a #1. The team should be picking at least a GT in the later rounds each year since there's more variation in GT in the draft, and 3th-round and later D and F rarely work out.
  • Forwards: Teh Sabres have a bunch of bottom-6, and a set of prospects that we should be able to find 3 to put together a 2nd scoring line. Ideally, the next two drafts will net us 2 1st line forwards (I think this year there's a very good chance that 3 1st round picks in the next two years net 2 1st line players).

After that, it's swapping out the guys we have for the guys we need (the right players, not necessarily the best) and hopefully bringing in UFA to fill the last spots where the prospects don't pan out. The UFAs will be the last step (as Tim Murray said); the team needs to get good so UFAs will consider coming to Buffalo. 4 years out, that's when it becomes interesting.

(I know I'm not breaking ground here, but please point out the massive holes in this prognostication as I can't see them!)

NHL draft's top four is tightly bunched

The Canadian Hockey League's regular season is finally in the books and we can now look forward to the start of the all important playoff push. But first, we look back over the past month and find that we're seeing some genuinely interesting developments with a few of the top-end talents.

New York Islanders have tough call when it comes to 2014 vs. 2015 draft

The New York Islanders and namely general manager Garth Snow took a pretty good beating from fans and media in the wake of the trade deadline. A lot of that has to do with the return for Thomas Vanek, who the team shipped to the Montreal Canadiens for prospect Sebastian Collberg and a second-round pick. Compounding the perceived subpar return for the top trade chip on the market was the fact that the Isles gave up a conditional first-round pick in addition to Matt Moulson to acquire Vanek in October.

The Islanders did give themselves some flexibility in dealing the pick, which was originally listed as a 2014 first-rounder. The way it was drawn up, the Islanders would have the option to defer the 2014 pick that now belongs to Buffalo to the 2015 draft in the event that pick fell within the top 10 of the first round. Lo and behold, it most definitely will now.

Murray is said to be looking to trade our 1st round pick this year for an established top six and an almost ready nhl prospect. That would significantly speed up the hunt for top six talent I'd say. Now the who's what's and how's I have no idea but if Murray were to actually pull that off it would be impressive.

March 19 recap - potential late 1st - early 2nd round prospects 2014

Kevin Fiala C HV71, SEL - 0G 1A in 6-4 play-off loss to Skellefteå AIK

HV71 trail Series 3-0

Jakub Vrana RW Linköpings HC, SEL - 0G 0A in 3-1 play-off win vs Frölunda HC

Linköpings HC leads series 2 -1

Jonas Johansson G Brynäs IF, J20 SuperElite - 29SOG 2GA in 3-2 win over Malmö

Oskar Lindblom F Brynäs IF, J20 SuperElite - 1G 0A in 3-2 win

Brynäs IF leads series 1-0 (Best of 3)

Adrian Kempe F MODO, J20 SuperElite - 1G 0A in 3-0 win vs Timrå IK

MODO leads Best of Three 1-0

Murray is said to be looking to trade our 1st round pick this year for an established top six and an almost ready nhl prospect. That would significantly speed up the hunt for top six talent I'd say. Now the who's what's and how's I have no idea but if Murray were to actually pull that off it would be impressive.

source?

According to Eklund from HockeyBuzz...Chasing this one down, but at least two teams I have talked to in the last 36 hours have told me they have heard the Sabres, who currently have set themselves up nicely in the next two drafts, are letting it be quietly known they would consider two "top line" prospects + for the top overall pick in the upcoming NHL draft should that be the pick they obtain...I also read a similar version saying current NHL top six and near ready prospect as mentioned above. Not sure what the credibility of a site like this is but found it interesting so I thought I would share it.

source?

Edited by Bills12Sabres11

According to Eklund from HockeyBuzz...Chasing this one down, but at least two teams I have talked to in the last 36 hours have told me they have heard the Sabres, who currently have set themselves up nicely in the next two drafts, are letting it be quietly known they would consider two "top line" prospects + for the top overall pick in the upcoming NHL draft should that be the pick they obtain...I also read a similar version saying current NHL top six and near ready prospect as mentioned above. Not sure what the credibility of a site like this is but found it interesting so I thought I would share it.

On behalf of the humanity, I apologize for what is about to happen.

On behalf of the humanity, I apologize for what is about to happen.

I hear you but I never claimed to be an expert, I am a fan of the Buffalo Sabres and like I said I found this interesting so I thought I would share. I also said IF Tim Murray could pull this off it would be impressive. At the end of the day nobody really knows what TM will do until he gets it done.

Edited by Bills12Sabres11

This is completely made up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.