Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

Well, that escalated quickly.

That was pretty weak as trolling efforts go.

How the hell did the draft thread go down in flames? Out of all the threads I figured this one was fairly solid.

Anyways, Jake Virtanen makes an intriguing option if the Islanders pick exists. He is extremely fast on his skates and has 28g in 45gp in the WHL. Someone for ppl to keep in mind if the Islander pick is ours and is in the top 10 or so.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

...NHL Live on @NHLNetwork at 6:30. TSN Top 30 NHL Draft Rankings 30-minute show at 7:30. NHL on TSN at 8 pm ET, TOR @ DAL...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441879

@coreypronman

Discussed my draft board RT @LowdownLowetide: Hour 1 Podcast with @coreypronman is now up! https://soundcloud.com/lowdownwithlowetide/january-23rd-2014-hour-1-alan …

@Lowetide_

@coreypronman

ICYMI for Insiders my updated Top 50 NHL Draft Rankings. Write ups on top 30 & top 5 goalies http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10333303/ranking-top-50-prospects-2014-nhl-draft …

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

From TSN:

Scouts do not believe this year's draft class has the same high-end sizzle and overall depth as last year's group that was headed by Nathan MacKinnon, Seth Jones, Jonathan Drouin and Aleksandr Barkov. And it would be fair to say there's more anticipation for the 2015 draft class, headed by highly-touted Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel, amongst others, than this year. But the scouts also cautioned that the top-end prospects this year are still excellent talents, just not necessarily potential stars.

Bennet reminds me of Toews

The more I have seen of Bennett the more I am changing my mind about him. I like him more than Reinhart and he is younger (7months and 14 days) and more physical.. I really wish Buffalo could grab him, and then one of either Virtanen (I really want him because he has an extremely high upside), Tuch (seems very good), or Adrian Kempe (very young and very skilled).

Edited by LGR4GM

ICYMI: Bob McKenzie's Mid-Season NHL Draft Ranking Show <23:04>

Who will top the list at the halfway mark? Ekblad? Reinhart? Bennett? TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reveals his mid-season draft rankings.

I completely forgot to set up the dvr tonight for this, thanks man.

Sabres and isles regulation losses tonight, tank on....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.