Darcy Regier On The Hot Seat ?

kishoph

Because of Vanek and Miller, the next year or so, player transaction-wise, may end up being the most important for the Buffalo Sabres of the past five years and the next five years. Pegula may consider management stability to be an important asset during this time.

I'm still not convinced Vanek "definitely" wants out. I think Miller certainly does given his age (33), given his wife lives out west, and given he sold his house in Buffalo (seems telling). But, Vanek has never said he definitely wants to leave... he has said he wants to wait and see what the team looks like as the youngsters develop. A recent quote from Thomas:

“I know right now we’re rebuilding and have a young team and a lot of good young players,” Vanek said during a phone interview Friday. “That’s the reason why I just wanted to hold off and wait to see what happens here. With that said, I’ve never said I wouldn’t sign an extension here. I have enjoyed my eight years going on nine in Buffalo. It’s a great hockey town. The people really live for the Buffalo Sabres, I live in a great neighborhood and my kids love it, my wife loves it. And that goes a long way. So whatever happens on the business side of it — if I leave or stay — I’m not going to be one of those guys that says anything bad about Buffalo because I’ve enjoyed my time here and still do.”

http://www.startribu.../227615501.html

Should have been fired long ago. Doing it now makes no sense. I would first hire his replacement as an consultant. Second, after he is accustomed to the organization and personnel, move Darcy into a upper management position and move the new guy into the GM position. Pegula and Darcy will save face and the Sabres can move forward.

The Vanek/Miller argument could go both ways. You could say that Regier should be around for that because they're "his" players and he's great at selling his assets, or you could bring in the new GM first so he can get prospects that fit his type of roster more. What if we bring in a GM and he decides that a lot of the prospects don't fit the type of roster he would build?

The Vanek/Miller argument could go both ways. You could say that Regier should be around for that because they're "his" players and he's great at selling his assets, or you could bring in the new GM first so he can get prospects that fit his type of roster more. What if we bring in a GM and he decides that a lot of the prospects don't fit the type of roster he would build?

I don't know how anyone can say DR is great at anything. When you have a product on the ice like this nothing you do is great.

I never bought in to this whole "suffering" thing. Other teams have young inexperienced players, and or rookie head coaches, but are competitive and win games. Their GMs get the pieces needed to fit the identity they are creating. You know what, the Bills come to mind, young at some key positions and rookie coaches. Darcy doesn't seem to have an identity or any idea how to create one. I think this latest blunder is really exposing his inabilities and it's going to cost him. There is no excuses to look this inept and be this bad.

Time for the guy to go, he has shown to be nothing more than a clown. A few good trades, sure, lots of bad ones too, or non trades, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I never bought in to this whole "suffering" thing. Other teams have young inexperienced players, and or rookie head coaches, but are competitive and win games. Their GMs get the pieces needed to fit the identity they are creating. You know what, the Bills come to mind, young at some key positions and rookie coaches. Darcy doesn't seem to have an identity or any idea how to create one. I think this latest blunder is really exposing his inabilities and it's going to cost him. There is no excuses to look this inept and be this bad.

Time for the guy to go, he has shown to be nothing more than a clown. A few good trades, sure, lots of bad ones too, or non trades, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Other teams young inexperienced players who are good we're drafted at the top of the draft, minus a few exceptions. They do have an identity problem but we are only at step one of the rebuild, bottoming out. Once they get the pieces from the next couple of drafts, then I'll worry about who is playing with them.

I honestly do not believe that Darcy is on the hot seat......yet. Say what you will about him, but he at least knows what kind of team he was going to be putting on the ice this year and I'm sure he fully prepared TP that the we are a rock solid bottom 5 team for the next couple of years. He told the fans it would be "suffering", but I'm sure he was much more frank with his boss. Still it's one thing for TP to support the #blueprint in the offseason, but when the losses begin to pile up before his eyes at the rate they are then that pledge of support could begin to show some cracks.

I honestly do not believe that Darcy is on the hot seat......yet. Say what you will about him, but he at least knows what kind of team he was going to be putting on the ice this year and I'm sure he fully prepared TP that the we are a rock solid bottom 5 team for the next couple of years. He told the fans it would be "suffering", but I'm sure he was much more frank with his boss. Still it's one thing for TP to support the #blueprint in the offseason, but when the losses begin to pile up before his eyes at the rate they are then that pledge of support could begin to show some cracks.

I agree. Darcy "ain't going nowhere."

And with that, the timing of the firing would make absolutely no sense. You do that during the offseason if you actually expected anything out of this season. About the only thing that makes sense to me with firing him now would be if this whole season was just Darcy falling on his sword, set the bar so low that the next guy would come in with a clean slate and low expectations.

And with that, the timing of the firing would make absolutely no sense. You do that during the offseason if you actually expected anything out of this season. About the only thing that makes sense to me with firing him now would be if this whole season was just Darcy falling on his sword, set the bar so low that the next guy would come in with a clean slate and low expectations.

Which is precisely why IF Darcy were to go (which he won't), Kevin Devine would be the new GM. Gotta stick with the #blueprint

None of this would be happening if only we had landed Shane Doan or Rick Nash or ... and if those were simply wishes from a meddling owner than ha ha it's all on you Darcy for being the yes man again and again instead of standing up for the right thing.

Now get out. And say hello to Larry f'n Quinn too!

Pegula has made it clear that Darcy is his man for the time being. He's also made it clear how much he wants to keep Vanek and Miller. If Pegula thinks that Miller and Vanek have a negative opinion of Darcy and his direction, he might consider a different GM in the hopes of re-signing Miller and Vanek.

Hockey is a business like any other business, and no owner can afford to completely ignore the consumers (i.e. us the fans) unless he wants to lose millions and damage his reputation. Darcy needs to go and if Pegula can't see it then this will never be a winning franchise.

Saw this today: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/firedarcyregier/

And Darcy gets a promotion, maybe to president of hockey operations?

I was thinking more along the lines of still getting paid while filling some random meaningless role for the rest of his contract (however long that is).

Screw the love fest. I think we should fire him and make him leave the organization totally. The problem is everyone is being all nice. Screw that, Darcy tanked our team into mediocrity for 8years now. Fire him.

Random off topic ?: Is the Brett Ruff that is listed as the team's hockey operations assistant Lindy's son? I'm almost 100% he has a son by that name. Is the Ruff seed still present inside this organization?

There are a lot of reasons to fire Darcy. They've been listed all over this... But at this point, you could justify firing him PURELY for the fans. It's gotten to the point where nobody is watching, and those who are chant embarrassing things for you on television. People aren't buying tickets, and they won't until you give them a reason to think there's hope. They don't believe there is hope with Darcy. Time to stop being a pompous ###### with his shiny new toy/team, and listen to the people who buy the tickets.

I seriously doubt that Regier is in any danger of being fired for at least several years. As I've said since spring, Pegula is demonstrating a serious "siege" mentality in his words and actions - it's a matter of ego now, and Terry seems to have a rather large one of those- Pegula would rather lose game after game, and a few seasons, rather than concede that he was wrong, and that the majority of sports writers, sports media and fans were correct that Regier should have been let go when Pegula first took over.

Ralph Wilson Jr. made the same essential mistakes in his (mis) management of the Buffalo Bills football operations - he put his ego ahead of common sense, and the result was 14 years of missing the playoffs.

There are a lot of reasons to fire Darcy. They've been listed all over this... But at this point, you could justify firing him PURELY for the fans. It's gotten to the point where nobody is watching, and those who are chant embarrassing things for you on television. People aren't buying tickets, and they won't until you give them a reason to think there's hope. They don't believe there is hope with Darcy. Time to stop being a pompous ###### with his shiny new toy/team, and listen to the people who buy the tickets.

Post of the season. It is absolutely justified for that reason alone. Are you really going to torment your fan base? For Darcy Regier?

Archived