Darcy Regier On The Hot Seat ?

kishoph

Just give me someone with a fire in their ass. Someone who is going to tell TP loosing is not an option. Give me someone who wants to win NOW not in 3 years. Just give us freaking SOMETHING!! Best case scenario we win the cup in 3 years with DR (that's not happening BTW). That was 20 years this guy was allowed to run this team. For 3 different owners.

We fired the coach, we have gotten rid of many captains, under achievers, etc. Yet, somehow this guy is bullet proof. For the life of me I just don't get it.

Burke would give this organization a major turn around. He's exactly what this team needs. I know people have questioned some of his trades and signing but at least he has the balls to make moves for players he wants even if he has to overpay. Nonis is reaping the benefits of his work.

As Burkie famously said after T.O exit sometimes someone else gets to come in and eat the dinner you prepared LOL.

But I would pass on him and don't think his act would work here at all anyway. Give me Duds. He did it in Atlanta and built Chicago up as well don't forget.

FWIW the Sabres gave a statement to WGR this morning that there is zero perecent truth to the rumor. Time will tell I guess

When has a franchise ever said otherwise?

I heard that too on WGR, but they act like the team would say something different like 'Yeah, we are working on that right now, If the team loses anymore games, Regier will be shown the door and we will be bringing in GM 'X' "

Part of me wants someone with no ties whatsoever to the organization, but if it's going to be someone with ties, I guess Duds is about right.

Exactly. I don't want anybody that has even heard of the Buffalo Sabres (obvious exaggeration, but my point stands). I'm sick of these "from the inside" guys, or from back in the day guys. Former players excluded, obviously.

As Burkie famously said after T.O exit sometimes someone else gets to come in and eat the dinner you prepared LOL.

But I would pass on him and don't think his act would work here at all anyway. Give me Duds. He did it in Atlanta and built Chicago up as well don't forget.

I don't think he did that much for Atlanta, and Chicago?? I wasn't aware he was there.

what did RD do in ATL? they stunk. He has bounced around quite a bit since ATL.

He had a nice group of talent being built in Atlanta, but did not have the financial support to do much to continue to build on it.

I did hear this, but they said the same thing about Lindy Ruff being replaced. One interesting thing that was mentioned is that both of the possible replacements listed by Kypreos have ties to Ken Sawyer (who Kypreos called the President of the Sabres), but it has been said that Sawyer is a supporter of Regier. How much Sawyer has in this kind of decision, I don't know, but it could tie in to a move being made or not being made.

Could Regier being replaced have an influence on Miller and Vanek wanting to remain with the Sabres ?

Its possible, depends on the new GMs plans and how quickly he gets things going. If he comes right in and starts wheeling and dealing to turn this team around, instead of taking the slow and steady wait for prospects to develop approach, they may be more willing to re-sign. Move a couple prospects for some young talent that can help now and this team can turn things around quickly

As I posted in another thread, Dudley is almost 65 years old. So, if hired, his tenure likely wouldn't last that long (which could be good or bad). I'd prefer a younger guy with innovative ideas. I'd be down with Botterill. Late 30's isn't particularly young for GM hires. Stan Bowman comes to mind among many others. And, lest we forget, Darcy was in his late 30's when hired by the Sabres back in 1997.

He had a nice group of talent being built in Atlanta, but did not have the financial support to do much to continue to build on it.

Its possible, depends on the new GMs plans and how quickly he gets things going. If he comes right in and starts wheeling and dealing to turn this team around, instead of taking the slow and steady wait for prospects to develop approach, they may be more willing to re-sign. Move a couple prospects for some young talent that can help now and this team can turn things around quickly

He was there less than a year before he joined Toronto. Then less than a year after that he left for MTL.

He was there less than a year before he joined Toronto. Then less than a year after that he left for MTL.

I stand corrected, for some reason I thought he was GM there for a while, whenever I think of the Thrasher and their GM, I think of him. According to Wiki, he really doesn't have much GM experience at all, its more coaching.

Honest question: Is there anyone who DOESN'T think Regier should be fired?

Let me get out my list. I've been adding to it everytime somebody said they don't think he should be fired. Ah, here it is. Alright it goes:

Terry Pegula.

Ah, yeap. That's all of them.

Let me get out my list. I've been adding to it everytime somebody said they don't think he should be fired. Ah, here it is. Alright it goes:

Terry Pegula.

Ah, yeap. That's all of them.

There are some here, the ones that still feel he was shackled by previous ownership and that believe rebuilding has to be done through tanking for the #1 and years of suffering.

There are some here, the ones that still feel he was shackled by previous ownership and that believe rebuilding has to be done through tanking for the #1 and years of suffering.

I'd be shocked if anyone here supports him. We would have read an apologist post by now. It's been atleast two years since I've read one.

I'd be shocked if anyone here supports him. We would have read an apologist post by now. It's been atleast two years since I've read one.

Read closer. I know a least JJ, Physics, and PTR support him. Sportsbuff did too, until the season started anyway :lol:

Even people who thought he was shackled by previous ownership want him fired. And as a proponent of the tank, nobody has ever said you MUST tank to rebuild, we have only argued it's the best way to create a team that can sustain success.

Read closer. I know a least JJ, Physics, and PTR support him. Sportsbuff did too, until the season started anyway :lol:

Even people who thought he was shackled by previous ownership want him fired. And as a proponent of the tank, nobody has ever said you MUST tank to rebuild, we have only argued it's the best way to create a team that can sustain success.

Yes. My opinion on DR started to turn in March 2011.

As for Dudley and Botterill, I just really don't want anyone with any prior ties. The more I think about Dudley, the more I think, "no."

Yes. My opinion on DR started to turn in March 2011.

As for Dudley and Botterill, I just really don't want anyone with any prior ties. The more I think about Dudley, the more I think, "no."

Ties or no ties, the only criteria I'd put on a higher is competence. Whether they've been here before or not has zero meaning to me.

Archived