Sabres "Fantasy Gambling" Contest

Ghost of Dwight Drane

I'm wanting to get a bit better at handicapping, so I've been looking at some stats

What interests me about this game is tired vs. fresh. The Sabres played last night, the Islanders have had two nights off. In the last 15 years, against a team with two days off, the back to back road team with a worse team points per game is 193-420. Early in season (first 20 games), before the tired team is really tired, the win loss is a bit better 64-103. Replacing goal differential for team points per game gets similar numbers.

You may argue that the reason for the back to back poor play involves the backup goaltender, which isn't an issue here.

Previous total: 1000

Today's bet: 150 Islanders

For anyone who loves to rail me for "negativity".....let the record show I was the ONLY person to wager on the Sabres tonight.....while close to a dirty dozen of you went against them.

Haters be Hatin'......or whatever the heck it is.....

I will take my imaginary $130 and make it rain on all you haters! :P

For anyone who loves to rail me for "negativity".....let the record show I was the ONLY person to wager on the Sabres tonight.....while close to a dirty dozen of you went against them.

Haters be Hatin'......or whatever the heck it is.....

I will take my imaginary $130 and make it rain on all you haters! :P

It was easy to bet when they were losing. Now it gets more difficult.

@1950

OK...I have 3 conflicts...

Rico7...I have you at $450. I think where you missed the extra $100 is when you bumped your Sabres bet on the Ottawa game from 200 to 300 after the line came out.

Nobody....I have you at 1050. You were at 1500 and put 450 on the Isles.

TomWebster.....I have you at 200. You were at 800 and put 300 on the Sabres twice and lost.

Please double check and tell me if I am missing something......and to make it easier, everyone doublecheck their totals on the current toteboard and give your total as you bet each game. You don't have to subtract the bet until after the game. Just say, "At 1000, 260 on Ottawa"...or whatever the amount. It is easier to wait until after the game than to subtract the bet and add it back with any winnings.

As we go along and I update the totals, I am going to use the total of the most recent toteboard as your official total unless you can point out a mistake in timely fashion. I can't go through 30 pages in January.

Thanks!!!

Standings after Game #7:

wjag $1950

Rayzer32 $1500

GhostofDD $1430

TrueBluePhD $1400

Cereal $1400

nobody $1050

ClaudeVeret $900

wyldnwoody44 $1200

Eleven $1000

ChileanSeaBass $960

RCentered $850

Hank $400

LGR4GM $750

mustacheofgod $900

ThirtyEight $800

tomwebster $200

TM8-PL16 $600

TaroT $680

qwksndmonster $460

cwchze $700

MattiePie $710

BuffFansR_Crazy $340

Rico7 $450

SwampD $60

Assquatch $550

thesportsbuff $600

Eliminated: GlassPommerFan, skaught, sabresnipe, weave, deluca67

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.