Sabres "Fantasy Gambling" Contest

Ghost of Dwight Drane

At 1530.

300 on Buffalo.

Lindy is distracted coming home. There are 5 or 6 guys including Miller that want to beat Lindy. A trade brings a fun atmosphere around the team for a few days. Buffalo is due to form a double bottom at some point here because I can't see them ending up with 50 points...they probably end up between 65-70.

I like it.

Previous balance 905

Bet 100 on Sabres

Today's charts get rid of the tipping nonsense. I try to isolate for the strength of the opponent in each game, so a goal unit, or so, is added against stronger opponents, with a jump at the beginning of each game. It all makes sense, right?

post-2405-0-90772600-1383237105_thumb.png

post-2405-0-21235000-1383237128_thumb.png

Previous balance 905

Bet 100 on Sabres

Today's charts get rid of the tipping nonsense. I try to isolate for the strength of the opponent in each game, so a goal unit, or so, is added against stronger opponents, with a jump at the beginning of each game. It all makes sense, right?

:huh:

I think I'm at $710. $200 (one unit, right?) on Rags.

I will make a new leaderboard this weekend and confirm totals. This is the last game to get in for anyone lurking who hasn't placed a bet. You start with $1000....which probably puts you in the 70th percentile at this point!

Going forward you just need to bet once a month. I like what Cereal did and took a big shot on Buffalo but lost. He had a 1/3 shot of taking command of the entire pool, so it was a brave but smart play. Still...anyone can hit this given nobody is much past double the bankroll at this point.

I'm generally a lurker in this thread and the board in general, but I'll throw in just to remain eligible. When I first read the thread I was going to bet one unit on the Sabres opponent each game which would have had me sitting pretty at this point but since I never placed any bets, I'm at $1,000 and I'd actually like to put $100 on the Sabres to win since the Rangers seem to have as much trouble scoring as we do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.