GDT Buffalo at Carolina 9-27-13 @7PM

spndnchz

Preseason? Says who?? I was flipped off twice on my ride in to work today while driving my truck with the Sabres decal on the back window. Welcome back NHL hockey!

First hockey game for my five year old daughter tonight... it's a toss up between her and her dad as to who is more excited.

Let's Go Buffalo!

The question is, which of you is going to torch more cars? How are her baby eating teeth?

The question is, which of you is going to torch more cars? How are her baby eating teeth?

I may have to reign it in and let this be a training session for the kids and let them observe the carnage tonight only to one day let them spread their wings and fly...

Seriously though I expect this to be a relatively low key affair. I got my tickets earlier this week through my Canes contact who texted me and said they had a "###### ton" of extra seats for this game. I know a lot of friends who are bringing their kids to the game tonight.

I only wish that I could get out of work early and do a little tailgating before the game, it's supposed to be beautiful in the mid 70's today.

I may have to reign it in and let this be a training session for the kids and let them observe the carnage tonight only to one day let them spread their wings and fly...

Seriously though I expect this to be a relatively low key affair. I got my tickets earlier this week through my Canes contact who texted me and said they had a "###### ton" of extra seats for this game. I know a lot of friends who are bringing their kids to the game tonight.

I only wish that I could get out of work early and do a little tailgating before the game, it's supposed to be beautiful in the mid 70's today.

Are they Canes fans?

If so, sounds like you have a baby eating buffet tonight.......

Are they Canes fans?

If so, sounds like you have a baby eating buffet tonight.......

Some are...... My son is on the fence, of course all of his friends at school are Canes fans so he is conflicted, but he says he will root for Buffalo tonight. In a few years when it's not cool to like what dad likes it will be Canes all the way for him.

Ward in net for the Canes tonight. I'm assuming Miller for us?

Some are...... My son is on the fence, of course all of his friends at school are Canes fans so he is conflicted, but he says he will root for Buffalo tonight. In a few years when it's not cool to like what dad likes it will be Canes all the way for him.

Ward in net for the Canes tonight. I'm assuming Miller for us?

Tell him its cooler to be different then his friends

I would hope that most fans, yes even Sabres fans, know to tone down the language and other stuff around children. If they don't then they're no Sabres brother / sister of mine.

I hate it when the Sabres get scored upon, an F-bomb escapes my lips, and I see a five year old three seats away. It does happen, unfortunately.

I hate it when the Sabres get scored upon, an F-bomb escapes my lips, and I see a five year old three seats away. It does happen, unfortunately.

Guilty as charged. I think we've all probably done this before, the difference is that once we screw up that first time it's usually enough to get us to alter our behavior for the remainder of the game. There are a very small minority of fans who simply don't care and I don't think it's dictated by the colors you root for, those people are just tools in all facets of life.

Archived