GDT Buffalo at Carolina 9-27-13 @7PM

spndnchz

There's a time and place for everything. Outside of strip clubs, adult entertainment has become an endangered species nowadays. There are early games, weekend games and games dedicated to kids. I can't go places at night any more without having to be distracted by kids, or asked to behave differently because I'm in the presence of children. It's up to the parents to teach kids about proper behavior and how not to act, it shouldn't be up to everybody else to worry about how they act in front of them. I'm not implying that when I go to a game that I am going to turn into an obnoxious drunk and every other word out of my mouth is a swear word, but I shouldn't have to think twice because you decide to bring your kid to a game instead of going to the movies. There is a law in Oregon that gives restaurant owners the right to ask families with children to leave after a certain time if they feel they've become a distraction. More states should implement some kind of regulation.

Sorry if this angers anybody, I'm just stating my opinion. To me, this is part of the reason arena atmospheres have dwindled to nothing over the years. I just needed to rant, this gets on my nerves every time I see it brought up. By all means bring your kids to the game. I know I went to games as a child where fans got drunk, swore, smoked, and made complete fools of themselves. I don't think it realy had any impact on us, with the exception of missing that atmosphere more and more as the years go by. ;)

There's a time and place for everything. Outside of strip clubs, adult entertainment has become an endangered species nowadays. There are early games, weekend games and games dedicated to kids. I can't go places at night any more without having to be distracted by kids, or asked to behave differently because I'm in the presence of children. It's up to the parents to teach kids about proper behavior and how not to act, it shouldn't be up to everybody else to worry about how they act in front of them. I'm not implying that when I go to a game that I am going to turn into an obnoxious drunk and every other word out of my mouth is a swear word, but I shouldn't have to think twice because you decide to bring your kid to a game instead of going to the movies. There is a law in Oregon that gives restaurant owners the right to ask families with children to leave after a certain time if they feel they've become a distraction.

Sorry if this angers anybody, I'm just stating my opinion. To me, this is part of the reason arena atmospheres have dwindled to nothing over the years. I just needed to rant, this gets on my nerves every time I see it brought up. By all means bring your kids to the game. I know I went to games as a child where fans got drunk, swore, smoked, and made complete fools of themselves. I don't think it realy had any impact on us, with the exception of missing that atmosphere more and more as the years go by. ;)

We just agreed on two things in one day.

Yes to Audrey Hepburn as well. Three things.

I can't go places at night any more without having to be distracted by kids, or asked to behave differently because I'm in the presence of children.

I don't feel like I'm this closed-in when it comes to finding places to let out my inner adult; I know that I can easily go elsewhere to be a loud drunk and disorderly that just barely escapes public urination tickets. That could be a contributing reason why when I'm the presence of children I'm generally polite and considerate.

Plus I know that if I'm cool, that kid sitting next to me will have a good time, and the parent will be encouraged to keep bringing the kid back to games, we'll have made another Sabres fan for life, and we can get drunk and stupid when that kid turns 21.

I don't shoot button bucks.

I teach for a living, so if I'm at a sporting event or at a sports bar, when children are present, I naturally watch what I say/do. It's more of a subconscious thing really. When children are present, I without thinking act as I would in the classroom. Sounds crazy, but when you get in the routine of things it's easy to stay w/ it. As for what's being said in my head when the opposing team scores is a whole different story.

There's a time and place for everything. Outside of strip clubs, adult entertainment has become an endangered species nowadays. There are early games, weekend games and games dedicated to kids. I can't go places at night any more without having to be distracted by kids, or asked to behave differently because I'm in the presence of children. It's up to the parents to teach kids about proper behavior and how not to act, it shouldn't be up to everybody else to worry about how they act in front of them. I'm not implying that when I go to a game that I am going to turn into an obnoxious drunk and every other word out of my mouth is a swear word, but I shouldn't have to think twice because you decide to bring your kid to a game instead of going to the movies. There is a law in Oregon that gives restaurant owners the right to ask families with children to leave after a certain time if they feel they've become a distraction. More states should implement some kind of regulation.

This is exactly how I feel about NFL games. Not places for children. Neither are rock concerts.

This is exactly how I feel about NFL games. Not places for children. Neither are rock concerts.

I could not agree more. NFL games are not for children. Fans of each team are dispersed throughout a stadium and often times do not treat each other w/ proper respect. Profanity is thrown left and right and occasionally things escalate to things much worse. My daughter is about to turn 6 and my son is 4, but I have no desire to take them to a Bills game in the near future. Grownups need to grow up.

Interesting. Do you have kids of your own?

I kinda agree and also think you should go F2#$32 yourself... :P . Seriously, I often have to watch games alone in a separate room because of the above facts. I used to watch games with my Mom, who the only time she cussed was watching Bills games and I was the only one allowed in the room with her.

But it is rough when someone is an idiot around kids. I agree there should be designated idiot sections at games. I have been known to embarrass my wife with my shouting... and she is a NYC girl. Ah, what to do...? :sick:

Archived