Pegula tours hurricane damage

PASabreFan

You could also have the question phrased as "on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being excellent and 1 being atrocious, how would you rate Pegula?" That would be a bit more specific and quantifiable. Just a suggestion.

I like that.

I also don't know how I feel about public polls. Sanctity of the ballot box and all that.

You could also have the question phrased as "on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being excellent and 1 being atrocious, how would you rate Pegula?" That would be a bit more specific and quantifiable. Just a suggestion.

I can do that.

I think one of the questions should reflect an optimism scale. I'm curious to see if people who are unsure with the administration are overly optimistic as some here have claimed.

We could split the question, ie rate past performance and/or rate current performance,and rate optimism regarding future performance. That would likely mean that we have a separate poll thread for each person.

We're not short on answer choices to questions, as we can have up to 25 choices per question, just limited to three total questions per thread. What's the preference? Pegula/Black/Regier in one poll thread or each having their own poll thread? I probably prefer the former, with the thinking that the polls are all in one place, making them easier to find down the road. But there may be an interest for each person to get their own poll thread with more detailed questions.

I also don't know how I feel about public polls. Sanctity of the ballot box and all that.

Is the anonymity of our usernames not enough?

I think it'd be interesting to see what posters think; it could add a microscopic amount of accountability. Also adds the layer of protection from seeing votes from TrueBluePhD, TrueBluePhD1, TrueBluePhD2, TrueBluePhD_a, TrueBluePhD69, TrueBluePhD_xxx, TrueBluePhD_babygirl16, TrueBluePhD_oldmanballsonlyplease, etc. Not that we see much of that though.

I think it'd be interesting to see what posters think; it could add a microscopic amount of accountability. Also adds the layer of protection from seeing votes from TrueBluePhD, TrueBluePhD1, TrueBluePhD2, TrueBluePhD_a, TrueBluePhD69, TrueBluePhD_xxx, TrueBluePhD_babygirl16, TrueBluePhD_oldmanballsonlyplease, etc. Not that we see much of that though.

:lol:

I don't want this anonymous. This should be no different than a group of friends sitting around having a debate.

The scale idea is good, would definitely paint a more accurate picture than a dichotomous choice.

Another thing to think about is, what are we trying to get at with this poll? Approval as far as the Sabres are concerned, as far as the area is concerned, and/or as far as how much we like them personally? I'd personally split it into two separate polls, one for job performance and one for likability.

I can do that.

We could split the question, ie rate past performance and/or rate current performance,and rate optimism regarding future performance. That would likely mean that we have a separate poll thread for each person.

We're not short on answer choices to questions, as we can have up to 25 choices per question, just limited to three total questions per thread. What's the preference? Pegula/Black/Regier in one poll thread or each having their own poll thread? I probably prefer the former, with the thinking that the polls are all in one place, making them easier to find down the road. But there may be an interest for each person to get their own poll thread with more detailed questions.

The question should be split into evaluations of performance up until this point and expectations of performance going forward. In public opinion parlance, we want to look at retrospective versus prospective evaluations. I'd also like to see a "most responsible" question in which we're asked who we hold most responsible for the current state of the team.

Problem is if the poll is public, we're less likely to know what people actually think. Our usernames are our persona, it really adds no anonymity to an exercise like this--it's not more secret than your real name being revealed in a real survey. A poll being public will alter answers, even if people don't do it consciously. Anonymous poll all the way IMO.

Problem is if the poll is public, we're less likely to know what people actually think. Our usernames are our persona, it really adds no anonymity to an exercise like this--it's not more secret than your real name being revealed in a real survey. A poll being public will alter answers, even if people don't do it consciously. Anonymous poll all the way IMO.

That's the problem with polls on message boards. You have this big discussion window attached to it. Even if the poll itself doesn't identify the votes, that series of pages afterwards where people defend their stance gives away the vote anyway. You want anonymity, you can't have any posts.

This public/private poll thing is genuinely strange to me.

By and large, it's a wholly anonymous message board. Why on God's green earth would anyone have any reluctance about being totally honest with their vote?

Moreover, who the fook around here has the time (or the interest, frankly) to sift through the voting data in order to build cross-examination material for other members?

By and large, it's a wholly anonymous message board. Why on God's green earth would anyone have any reluctance about being totally honest with their vote?

Moreover, who the fook around here has the time (or the interest, frankly) to sift through the voting data in order to build cross-examination material for other members?

Uh, like 95% of us here. Is this your first day here? This has been the Summer of the Gotcha.

I'm with Aud. I've been expressing my opinion about Sabres for 40 years and been proven wrong many times.

As have, I assume, most posters. Why the ###### would a public poll one an anonymous message board influence my vote?

Will D4rk make me the butt of a witty remark?

I'm with Aud. I've been expressing my opinion about Sabres for 40 years and been proven wrong many times.

As have, I assume, most posters. Why the ###### would a public poll one an anonymous message board influence my vote?

Will D4rk make me the butt of a witty remark?

I'm gonna hurt your feelings and not even use lube.

Well...

Uh, like 95% of us here. Is this your first day here? This has been the Summer of the Gotcha.

beat me to it.

Archived