Pegula tours hurricane damage

PASabreFan

I appreciate your first post. I know you always look towards the logic and reason in what is said, which is why I wanted to be clearer on separating Pegula the person from Pegula the owner. Some have such a chip that they either don't want to understand what is actually being said. I think Lindy was a case of his inner circle begging him to do something because the fans were getting ready to burn the place down. I was as excited as anyone when Pegula first came to town. I just have seen this situation so many times before. Still crossing my fingers he doesn't lose TOTAL interest before he realizes the foundation is faulty. Ted and Cliff don't care, they're always going to be able to work projects. Darcy doesn't care, he's another year and another $1.5 million closer to retirement. Dipofi doesn't care, they are raising prices left and right and one of the benefits of having such a "positive" and well-funded owner is don't be surprised if checks are being written to Acme Media Inc., and Acme Construction Inc., etc.....I bet OSP audited the freaking books himself! Nowadays.......my guess is not so much. Unfortunately we are in a timeframe where huffing and puffing by any critic isn't going to get things done, but it's always nice to render opinion.

You are just taking this to the derivative of "if you pretend everything is sunny....and clouds don't exist...then it is sunny"....that has us in this predicament in the first place.

You only see it that way because you're incapable of finding the middle ground. You'd rather insist everything is bad than see that everything isn't bad. That's some weak ######.

It sickens me to see the undeserved criticism of Pegula. Some Sabres fans don't know how well we've got it. Some teams have group ownerships where there is no direction. Some teams have an owner that simply uses their team as an investment and doesn't spend any money. Some teams go through owners every few years, which usually means another overhaul of management, in turn an overhaul of players. Some teams can't even find owners.

Pegula is willing to spend money, he has a passion, he has a goal and he's also willing to drop a ton of $$ into a city that's, lets face it, seen better days and most people would be stupid to drop a dime on. Some of you need to sit back and realize how good we have it.

It sickens me to see the undeserved criticism of Pegula. Some Sabres fans don't know how well we've got it. Some teams have group ownerships where there is no direction. Some teams have an owner that simply uses their team as an investment and doesn't spend any money. Some teams go through owners every few years, which usually means another overhaul of management, in turn an overhaul of players. Some teams can't even find owners.

Pegula is willing to spend money, he has a passion, he has a goal and he's also willing to drop a ton of $$ into a city that's, lets face it, seen better days and most people would be stupid to drop a dime on. Some of you need to sit back and realize how good we have it.

Good post JJ. See, we agree on some things :P

Do you like Breakfast at Tiffany's?

Unless I am mistaken, Dan DiPofi doesn't care because he received his piece of the $189 million purchase price, spent one more year during the transition as COO and then left a fairly rich man.

good point. dipofi's gone-zo.

you need to sit back and realize how good we have it.

i plan to do so with a 6-pack of southern tier ipa, forthwith!

That right there sir, is awesome internetting! :clapping:

i'm fixin' to start with season 1 soon, so please, no spoilers! ;)

It's pleasant to see a ###### first post get destroyed by well-thought-out, well-worded responses from several different posters and its only defense be rooted in insanity.

I think the board has officially entered its Age of Reason. Onward to enlightenment!

Just you wait until we lose a couple regular season games.

i'm fixin' to start with season 1 soon, so please, no spoilers! ;)

Get on that (and sorry).

It's pleasant to see a ###### first post get destroyed by well-thought-out, well-worded responses from several different posters and its only defense be rooted in insanity.

I think the board has officially entered its Age of Reason. Onward to enlightenment!

Tell me, what is this "wheel" the people speak of?

GO SABRES!!!

Right here. I despise this. I despise the thought that "positive" fans and their dedication to the team enabled management to tread in the waters of mediocrity.

It's just nonsense.

It was in response to, "Shut Up".....and very relevant. Scrub your memory....scrub the internet...read a book and take some meds......and things NEVER happened! That's not directed to anyone here....but saying "shut up" can be down the line in the same thought process.

You only see it that way because you're incapable of finding the middle ground. You'd rather insist everything is bad than see that everything isn't bad. That's some weak ######.

Since I joined the board at the end of '06...please tell me the trajectory of this team. Please.....tell me other than the constant hope young guys progress as others walk or are let go, a heroic run to 8th place, and a couple of games in April.....please tell me where anybody's cynicism isn't warranted. This franchise has taken a faster southern trajectory than Flight 93.

Since I joined the board at the end of '06...please tell me the trajectory of this team. Please.....tell me other than the constant hope young guys progress as others walk or are let go, a heroic run to 8th place, and a couple of games in April.....please tell me where anybody's cynicism isn't warranted. This franchise has taken a faster southern trajectory than Flight 93.

So it's all your fault? :)

StormCloud's forecasting is better than fricken Don Paul's! So y'all can suck it. (More mature response than most of d4rk's, but hey…) See, the thing is, the defenders of the faith, you never have to account for your mistakes. You just hit the reset button and start from 100% again.

Many of you have ignored the key points here. The owner, not the GM, is piping in, if not making the actual decision, about whether to try and bring Miller back. Then the owner is stupid enough to telegraph the franchise's position, which will hurt Darcy's negotiating stance should it ever get that far.

If you like the direction things are going under Pegula, fine. Enjoy. Upswing? Really? Well, I guess even a topped ball into the pond ends with one of those, so it's all good. We've apparently gone from believing the Sabres would be contenders to being satisfied with the team going from bad to slightly better.

This owner is loaded, and he's stupid. In the words of Saul Berenson, he is the smartest and the stupidest ###### person he's ever met. To complete the political analogy, when Terry said the franchise's reason for existence is to win a Stanley Cup, YOU LIED. Its purpose is to glorify and satisfy Terry. What a shame.

The idea (perhaps not the one being urged here, but it's being implicated nonetheless) that he's some mastermind megalomaniac engaged in some sort of long con is getting really, really tired.

Now you're resorting to straw men? End days are upon us.

StormCloud's forecasting is better than fricken Don Paul's!

that's the benefit of being a pessimist -- you'll be correct more often than an optimist.

The owner, not the GM, is piping in, if not making the actual decision, about whether to try and bring Miller back. Then the owner is stupid enough to telegraph the franchise's position, which will hurt Darcy's negotiating stance should it ever get that far.

so what? what does that actually change? nothing. everyone knows what the deal is. we're rebuilding and miller may want to go elsewhere for a run at glory. so the owner goes public saying "we want you here, #30." woop dee do.

We've apparently gone from believing the Sabres would be contenders to being satisfied with the team going from bad to slightly better.

of course we have. what other choice is there? again, to review: hope was held out in 2011 that the extant core, with a few FA additions, could make a run -- could be contenders. that hope was misplaced, we learned. now we're a "bad" team that is looking to improve. again -- what of it?

Now you're resorting to straw men? End days are upon us.

that's no straw man. Members of Team Stormcloud, jointly or severally, have posited, among other things, that Uncle Terry put on a show on Pegula Day, that he knowingly manipulated the fans, that he's never really been much of a fan himself, that he appears to have pulled a bait and switch with the "drill another well" approach to ownership, that he may in fact have ulterior motives for engaging in this song and dance (developing a really cool bequest to his kids? support for more pro-development energy policies? a political career?), and so on.

EDIT: What I grant you, PA, is that there is risk there that Pegula, without even his own awareness, is, more than not, into this venture in order to stroke his own ego, to massage his own sense of competence, to build his own Platonic self-conception as a master of the universe. that risk is real, i think.

Because he thinks he has the ability to influence others.

"They're optimistic. I don't think they read what is said about them." Straight out of the mouth of Terry Pegula. So....that implies Pegula DOES read what is said.....and he infers it's negative towards them. How do you add up all those factors and come with a straight face? And we did influence who Ted Black follows on Twitter at the very least.........the Sabres Telegraph more things than a Western Union circa 1942.

No small coincidence that you grouped yourself and two other regular posters in with two guys whose sole job is to be negative for the sake of being negative.

Are you kidding? Gleason was slobbering over the Sabres at one point. I relate very much to Sully and see his thought process. He is a freaking real life softie, and when things are well, he digs into deeper, neat stories about players, history, etc. It's just been such a Status Quo sh#tshow in these parts with the sports teams for so long that people forget what is capable of happening. Some people just have the nads to call an ugly baby an ugly baby.

Archived