Pegula tours hurricane damage

PASabreFan

Looks like Illitch didn't make much noise as an owner his first few years, either. Even in Hockeytown.

well, in fairness, PA indicates that Illitch did overhaul management when he took over.

i also note with interest that detroit then drafted stevie y in 1983.

[/size]

well, in fairness, PA indicates that Illitch did overhaul management when he took over.

i also note with interest that detroit then drafted stevie y in 1983.

This isn't intended to contradict PA, but it took his new management team several seasons to acquire the talent to turn it around.

And it always helps to get a generational talent like Yzermen.

GO SABRES!!!

Okay, this is where all of the side-show stuff is important: they want us to put our support behind a team that simply isn't expected to be good for a few seasons. Fine. But then make the team and the administration likable.

Don't tell me you want to win a Cup in three years and then do what amounts to the opposite of what it takes to achieve that goal.

Don't tell me you will drill another well if you want to make money and then turn around and raise ticket prices, increase the season ticket cap, and leave the scraps for the mini-pack and single ticket-buyers.

Don't tell the media you want them to go easy on the players and then sick your pittbulls Peters and Sylvester on anyone who questions the team or the administration.

If you want me, at least, to endure the period of suffering, then make me like you. Talking out of both sides of your mouth, sometimes with a forked tongue, isn't going to endear you to me. I prefer to be dealt with straight up and honestly.

Well said, Terry. Last night's listless, lackluster performance showed what a 'great job' those guys were doing. It's a good thing they don't 'read' the well-justified criticisms of their decisions (*cough* Stafford *cough*), or the team might actually improve.

Okay, this is where all of the side-show stuff is important: they want us to put our support behind a team that simply isn't expected to be good for a few seasons. Fine. But then make the team and the administration likable.

Don't tell me you want to win a Cup in three years and then do what amounts to the opposite of what it takes to achieve that goal.

Don't tell me you will drill another well if you want to make money and then turn around and raise ticket prices, increase the season ticket cap, and leave the scraps for the mini-pack and single ticket-buyers.

Don't tell the media you want them to go easy on the players and then sick your pittbulls Peters and Sylvester on anyone who questions the team or the administration.

If you want me, at least, to endure the period of suffering, then make me like you. Talking out of both sides of your mouth, sometimes with a forked tongue, isn't going to endear you to me. I prefer to be dealt with straight up and honestly.

Some of the things they've done in 2013 boggle the mind, from the post lockout thank you to the fans being 50% off in the Sabres Store to the ticket price increase letter going out on Fan Appreciation Day to Terry not showing up for the presser (not to mention his awkward remarks at the Harbor Center) to the uniform debacle.

Like I said, as notable Owner stuff crops up, I'm going to post it here.

Here's the Flyers p.c. where Snider fielded (and somewhat angrily answered) questions about the team's culture and such.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2013/10/ed-snider-gets-angry-at-flyers-press-conference-yells-at-reporters-thats-our-culture-we-dont-need-a-fresh-perspective.html

Archived