2013 Training Camp

spndnchz

Day 2 Roster and Schedule: http://sabres.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=20186&utm_campaign=Wildfire+Message+-+%23SabresCamp+rosters+%26+schedule+for+today%3A...&utm_content=po_467676&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

Ryan Miller is in Michigan so he is out for today. Myers - Ehrhoff and Weber - Ristolainen continue to be paired together. The one thing that sucks is Joel Armia playing with.... Zigomanis and Adam, :sick:

Day 2 Roster and Schedule: http://sabres.nhl.co..._source=Twitter

Ryan Miller is in Michigan so he is out for today. Myers - Ehrhoff and Weber - Ristolainen continue to be paired together. The one thing that sucks is Joel Armia playing with.... Zigomanis and Adam, :sick:

Getting him acclimated to his new AHL linemates methinks. Kind of expected if the plan is to move Foligno onto a scoring wing.

Well yeah, Zemgus will be in Buffalo.

Previous post aside, I honestly don't think he will be. Didn't Darcy say there's no point in him playing limited minutes, so he'll have to beat someone out? I don't see that happening, just isn't ready. It's not like he set the world on fire at the prospects tourney to make me think his playoffs last year was anything other than a hot streak.

Previous post aside, I honestly don't think he will be. Didn't Darcy say there's no point in him playing limited minutes, so he'll have to beat someone out? I don't see that happening, just isn't ready. It's not like he set the world on fire at the prospects tourney to make me think his playoffs last year was anything other than a hot streak.

I would have zero issue with him being subbed in for Drew Stafford.

Looks like Rolston has set up early camp to answer these questions:

1) Is Larsson ready to hold his own on a co-second line with Stafford and Ennis?

2) Is Risto ready to play top six?

3) What is the fourth line: Tropp/McCormick/Kaleta or Flynn/Porter/Girgensons or some combination of both?

4) Can Foligno play on the first line?

1) Is Larsson ready to hold his own on a co-second line with Stafford and Ennis?

3) What is the fourth line: Tropp/McCormick/Kaleta or Flynn/Porter/Girgensons or some combination of both?

no

no

the tropp line is too slow but more mature and physical so i would say combo of the two and Girgs does not fit on either

no

I said will be so

I must admit that I listened to a podcast interview with Darcy on the way home tonight and he said something like Armia is the most talented forward on the team.

It mighta been a little shot at Vanek though.

Good post, as always.

If even a couple of these questions are answered positively, it will be pretty exciting.

As for #3: Both DR and RR have spoken highly of Girgensons in the last day or 2.

no

no

the tropp line is too slow but more mature and physical so i would say combo of the two and Girgs does not fit on either

no

Well thanks very much, Mr. Poopypants.

Maybe it just me but I think McCormick, Tropp and Kaleta are all above average skaters

FYI: The Sabres' preseason game against Toronto on Saturday, September 21st at 7 PM will be televised on NHL Network-US as well as CBC.

Not just you, I was going to post the same thing. Kaleta may be the fastest skater on the team or just behind Ennis.

I will agree as well. It's too bad he doesn't have hands to match.

The line is absolutely not slow, assuming Tropp isn't impaired by his injury.

I have heard Lindy describing Patty as one of the fastest skaters on the team. He might be #2 indeed this point, especially with Sekera gone,

Archived