2013 Training Camp

spndnchz

SabresBuzz@SabresBuzz 8s

Read into this what you will: Vanek-Hodgson-Foligno are wearing matching red sweaters in this prax. #1 line

Well that would be interesting to see... wonder if Foligno can elevate his game enough to stick. My guess is he would be a Lucic style of player (note I said style!) and considering how bad our lines were last year, I am interested to see it. Just also note it is day 1 of camp... who the hell knows what lines will be like.

SabresBuzz@SabresBuzz 3m

Girgensons-Porter-Flynn

Line 2: Just remember first practice but it is interesting to see what Rolston thinks going into camp. Bet he watched a lot of video this summer.

SabresBuzz@SabresBuzz 8s

Read into this what you will: Vanek-Hodgson-Foligno are wearing matching red sweaters in this prax. #1 line

Well that would be interesting to see... wonder if Foligno can elevate his game enough to stick. My guess is he would be a Lucic style of player (note I said style!) and considering how bad our lines were last year, I am interested to see it. Just also note it is day 1 of camp... who the hell knows what lines will be like.

I was hoping this would get a chance. Foligno needs to be a top six player for us. Hodgson and Vanek need a big body with some mean.

Official lines for day 1

https://twitter.com/...2449536/photo/1

Thanks for posting -- interesting stuff there. I must admit I'm intrigued by these combos:

Hodgson-Vanek-Foligno

Griggy-Ott-Leino

Larsson-Ennis-Stafford

Porter-Girgy-Flynn

and for a 4th line, McCormick-Tropp-Kaleta is kinda appealing too.

Who is on RW, Vanek or Foligno? Whichever one it is is out of position.

Vanek has played RW a number of times before -- he shoots righthanded, FWIW.

Caught this detail in today's article:

Jason Nightingale:

This is exactly the type of analytics person teams should hire. Someone who loves the game and has played in a few different places, has a couple of advanced technical degrees, and is a total applied mathematics nerd, so much so that they married other nerds. Bonus points for the teaching assistantship; he should be able to communicate complex ideas well.

Nice to know we have an engineer/mathematician working on the inside.

Well, it's blue and gold. That's good.

"Go at throttle up......."

9/11/13 - TBN Audio of RR and DR Pre-Camp Media Sessions:

http://buffalonews-video.s3.amazonaws.com/Rolston_9-11.mp3

http://buffalonews-video.s3.amazonaws.com/Darcy_9-11.mp3

9-11.....Never Forget!

Does anyone know how to get either the Sabres videos or the TBN stuff in podcast form?

For a short period Stafford-Roy-Vanek (I believe Roy was the center) was mildly effective. I liked Vanek on the right.

Stafford is an RW. Are you saying he played on the left side for a biit?

I remmeber Vanek playing some at RW but from what I recall it was always when we had forward injury issues. I seem to recall Boyes injury resulting in Vanek shifting to RW. I am pretty sure there was at least one more instance.

Archived