All About Sabres Marketing, Branding, Promotions, P.R.

That Aud Smell

New food choices for those at the game:

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2013/09/17/hockey-fans-can-feast-on-expanded.html?page=all

Sounds good:

• Sabre Sandwich, a grilled steak burger topped with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, spicy barbecued-pulled pork on a double decker sesame seed bun. It comes with dill pickle chips.

Is this for a family of 4?

• The Big Puck, which is a 16-ounce steak burger and a pound of toppings including American cheese, lettuce, tomato, sliced onions, pickle chips and a special Sabre sauce. It comes with a pound of French fries.

• The Big Puck, which is a 16-ounce steak burger and a pound of toppings including American cheese, lettuce, tomato, sliced onions, pickle chips and a special Sabre sauce. It comes with a pound of French fries.

there's an industry term for that. i forget what it is ... it's something to suggest that it's an offering that contemplates more than 1 person eating it. just can't recall the term. i've seen it recently.

anyway, i also saw this tweeted from the team's account today (in connection with the same press event where the new food items were heralded):

"There are going to be a lot of new things to look forward to." -#Sabres President Ted Black on arena experience this year

Edited by That Aud Smell

@BuffaloSabres

New paint and wallpaper going up around @FirstNiagaraCtr! #HockeyAroundTheCorner pic.twitter.com/jcMOgWjetG

@BuffaloSabres

We'll be rolling out the BLUE & GOLD CARPET for Saturday's preseason game. See your favorite #Sabres before the game: http://goo.gl/FYH3xV

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

New food choices for those at the game:

http://www.bizjourna...d.html?page=all

Sounds good:

• Sabre Sandwich, a grilled steak burger topped with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, spicy barbecued-pulled pork on a double decker sesame seed bun. It comes with dill pickle chips.

No, that's a rather small meal for the average Buffalo male.

"There are going to be a lot of new things to look forward to." -#Sabres President Ted Black on arena experience this year

They need it to keep the Chet and Muffys happy since they're about the only ones who can afford tickets thanks to the new policies. Look out for minorities doing shoe-shines and manicures next.

Clogged arteries and certain heartburn aside, I'm more worried about what "special Sabre sauce" entails, personally.

Oh man....you're already setting this up for a backfire. I love it. Just picture them coughing up the puck on a powerplay and giving up a breakaway goal......you turn to the side and mutter, "Blueprint."

:lol:

Makes sense. I used to say 'celebrate the tradition' after the inevitable 1st round exit. ;)

Makes sense. I used to say 'celebrate the tradition' after the inevitable 1st round exit. ;)

huh. this is actually helpful perspective. i can't recall being irked by a slogan or motto before. then again, this is the first time one's been so fully deployed via social media.

Oh, you went there.

when a woman posts something like that here, i often (and involuntarily) imagine a room full of monkeys (chimpanzees, actually) jumping up and down and hooting wildly.

huh. this is actually helpful perspective. i can't recall being irked by a slogan or motto before. then again, this is the first time one's been so fully deployed via social media.

It's our team. Let's keep it that way.

when a woman posts something like that here, i often (and involuntarily) imagine a room full of monkeys (chimpanzees, actually) jumping up and down and hooting wildly.

That's gold.

At least Alexander Semin isn't on our team to promote it.

PA throws a banana, and some poop.

If I remember correctly, the last time we had this discussion, someone chimed in who either had a kid or a family member who was on the receiving end of one of these hospital visits at some point. That right there is the only point of view on this whole subject that means anything in this discussion, that of the kids who are visited.

I was just going to post that last year a few of the nucks went into the childrens hospital in van city and my wife and child were on the receiving end of a couple of free tickets to a game which made their day. First N.H.L. game for the both of them. Those seats were at ice level and probably worth a few hundred dollars if I'm buying them. I appreciated the gesture and the wife and kid had a blast. No evil in that.

I should add. The Sedins donated one million dollars to the B.C. childrens hospital last year.

Edited by bunomatic

I was just going to post that last year a few of the nucks went into the childrens hospital in van city and my wife and child were on the receiving end of a couple of free tickets to a game which made their day. First N.H.L. game for the both of them. Those seats were at ice level and probably worth a few hundred dollars if I'm buying them. I appreciated the gesture and the wife and kid had a blast. No evil in that.

I should add. The Sedins donated one million dollars to the B.C. childrens hospital last year.

They did it all for themselves. Selfish philanthropic bastards.

The truth is the Sabres due this in Areas where the ppl most likely to come to games live. They go hospitals and stuff to foster good will towards the team. They also do it because they like to and it is expected of them. The players like it, the owner likes it and the ppl they visit like it. Due the Sabres get some free publicity? Yup. Is that part of the reason they do it? Yup. But you know what the world ain't black and white. It is very likely though that the main reason the team does it is part tradition and part they want to. It feels good to give in those situations. Mike Weber is donating his tickets to troops. Does he get anything out of it? Sure, he gets to feel good and help a good cause.

Everyone wins. Everyone gets something. It isn't some master evil plan. Let it go.

The truth is the Sabres due this in Areas where the ppl most likely to come to games live. They go hospitals and stuff to foster good will towards the team. They also do it because they like to and it is expected of them. The players like it, the owner likes it and the ppl they visit like it. Due the Sabres get some free publicity? Yup. Is that part of the reason they do it? Yup. But you know what the world ain't black and white. It is very likely though that the main reason the team does it is part tradition and part they want to. It feels good to give in those situations. Mike Weber is donating his tickets to troops. Does he get anything out of it? Sure, he gets to feel good and help a good cause.

Everyone wins. Everyone gets something. It isn't some master evil plan. Let it go.

Yes, there is a gray area here. The publicity the Sabres have gotten in the past from these trips — a blurb on the local news around the holidays — has bothered me, but not greatly. There's just something brazen about this new regime's "marketing blitzes" of Southern Ontario, and while we're there, take the cameras over the hospital. I think there's a more tactful way to approach it.

That's fantastic. That's how you do it. (I assume the players didn't come in with a media contingent, PR staff with cameras etc.)

They did it all for themselves. Selfish philanthropic bastards.

Troll! (Hey, I like this.) TROLL!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.