2013-2014 Buffalo Sabres schedule

spndnchz

I can't believe there is so much complaining over the names. Who cares? Dallas has been in the Pacific for years an no one cared then (yeah, I know this will be followed up with jokes). Atlantic is basically just another way of saying east. People hear that and they think of the eastern half of the country. At the end of the day, who really uses the division names anyway?

I can't believe there is so much complaining over the names. Who cares? Dallas has been in the Pacific for years an no one cared then (yeah, I know this will be followed up with jokes). Atlantic is basically just another way of saying east. People hear that and they think of the eastern half of the country. At the end of the day, who really uses the division names anyway?

WHAT! you... YOU OF ALL PEOPLE!... YOU ARE GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT NAMES!!!!

What do you expect, this is a fanbase that gets more upset over Division names and jersey designs then what is actually put on the ice.

What do you expect, this is a fanbase that gets more upset over Division names and jersey designs then what is actually put on the ice.

And when we do complain about the on ice product we're whined at by posters complaining about our whining. Its a vicious cycle I tell ya.

It's going to make for some confusing banner juxtaposition. It's not that big a deal on the surface, but it does go to the issue of whether the league is run competently. I may be paranoid, but I think it also goes to NYC-centrism, big market favoritism. Metropolitan is New York, sorry.

It's going to make for some confusing banner juxtaposition. It's not that big a deal on the surface, but it does go to the issue of whether the league is run competently. I may be paranoid, but I think it also goes to NYC-centrism, big market favoritism. Metropolitan is New York, sorry.

Names in general are dumb. There is no name good name that is going to appropriately label the divisions. People will want to suggest HoFer names like they had in the past, but they'd find a way to complain about that too. Many don't have a clue who Patrick, Adams, Smythe, and Norris (Chuck?) were, so there's some disconnect there. Then they could always go with more modern names, but how are Monreal fans going to react when our division is called the Orr division?

It takes talent, dedication, and hard work to win on the ice, and it's still not a lock.

A retarded sea monkey could spell out better division names by swimming in wigly half circles and shitting.

If I had been drinking anything I would have snorted it out on by keyboard... awesome. :flirt:

I don't know about that. I heard plenty of booing at FNC last season.

If I recall, the slug had 5 of the top 10 selling jerseys when it came out.

Yea but you need to remember also you are talking about a market that had 20% of homes tuning in to see the Stanley Cup finals this year, even though they obviously were not in it. Buffalo really does live hockey (and Rochester too ;) ).

And yet people still hated it and couldn't wait to get rid of the thing

I never said the fan base was smart, it was a new jersey and everyone had to have it cause it was the current jersey (You can't be considered cool/fashionable wearing last years jersey to the arena on game day you know)

I also never said fans didn't get upset, just that theres more outrage over jersey designs and names then whats out there.

And yet people still hated it and couldn't wait to get rid of the thing

I never said the fan base was smart, it was a new jersey and everyone had to have it cause it was the current jersey (You can't be considered cool/fashionable wearing last years jersey to the arena on game day you know)

I also never said fans didn't get upset, just that theres more outrage over jersey designs and names then whats out there.

People in this region tend to complain about anything and everything. Jersey designs, jersey colors, arena names, draft picks, food prices, fried baloney only at one concession booth, Pegula interviews, Pegula non-interviews, Paul Kruse, player heights, player weights, 1999, Lucic, mascots, ascots, Derek Roy's summer cots, you name it.

I don't think there's a discernible difference in the level of the complaints...

People in this region tend to complain about anything and everything. Jersey designs, jersey colors, arena names, draft picks, food prices, fried baloney only at one concession booth, Pegula interviews, Pegula non-interviews, Paul Kruse, player heights, player weights, 1999, Lucic, mascots, ascots, Derek Roy's summer cots, you name it.

I don't think there's a discernible difference in the level of the complaints...

Mascots, ascots… wait a second here.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but I saw the reports indicating that the Sabres had 97% renewal rates on season tickets and expanded the season ticket program by ~600 tickets so that it now encompasses ~16,000 seats.

My takeaway: The Chet-and-Muffification*** of the home rink continues.

Oh, one other thing: I tried to post this to the "in game experience at FNC" thread, but it was archived.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/21547-all-about-in-game-experience-at-first-niagara-center/page__hl__muffy

***With apologies to Taro, who, IIRC, has objected to this trope because there are no girls from WNY who are named Muffy.

Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but I saw the reports indicating that the Sabres had 97% renewal rates on season tickets and expanded the season ticket program by ~600 tickets so that it now encompasses ~16,000 seats.

My takeaway: The Chet-and-Muffification*** of the home rink continues.

Oh, one other thing: I tried to post this to the "in game experience at FNC" thread, but it was archived.

http://forums.sabres...page__hl__muffy

***With apologies to Taro, who, IIRC, has objected to this trope because there are no girls from WNY who are named Muffy.

Who but the wealthy would even consider shelling out for season tickets with the way the product has been unless it's just throwaway money to them? Average Joe doesn't buy seasons anymore.

Who but the wealthy would even consider shelling out for season tickets with the way the product has been unless it's just throwaway money to them? Average Joe doesn't buy seasons anymore.

My dad. Anything but wealthy. Loyal since 1971. He buys his season tix regardless of the quality of the team. His mindset is, hey, it's NHL hockey and that's worth paying for and besides, there is likely to be one good team on the ice.

Not only that...but there is no reason to worry about winning. The team has stunk, they can't make the playoffs while maxing out the salary cap, they have a fairly unpopular GM, they were told to suffer, yet 1,100 people moved off the waiting list into season tickets and the waiting list is also supposedly bigger?

I'll say it again. Larry Quinn = Genius

He had this market figured out big time. The Buffalonian in me hates it, but the Capitalist in me has to applaud.

My dad. Anything but wealthy. Loyal since 1971. He buys his season tix regardless of the quality of the team. His mindset is, hey, it's NHL hockey and that's worth paying for and besides, there is likely to be one good team on the ice.

I suppose he's probably an exception, the season ticket owner who has had them since the teams inception. He's been making that budget allowance for decades. I couldn't imagine trying to get on the list these days as a working man. I'm not underpaid by any means but I'd have to be making a lot more money to justify the reward of being a season ticket holder.

Archived