2013-2014 Buffalo Sabres schedule

spndnchz

well I get 20 when I did a quick skim recount but it is less than in the past.

That's cool, I don't need complete accuracy, just curious. I think the shortened season may have made it seem higher to me that it is/was.

You are right makes TOTAL SENSE! :wallbash: why is the NHL so dumb?

Interestingly the Metro division has more teams on or near the Atlantic... Philly, NYR, NYI, NJD, Washington... I think Carolina, Pitts, and Columbus are the only 3 not within spitting distance of the coast. Also was called the Atlantic division.

Hell we should be the great lakes division and the 2 florida teams can suck it.

Sorry I am grumpy and tired today... carry on go Sabres

Considering most hockey fans in Florida are Great Lakes Transplants, the name would be fitting

My original question was based on the following quote -

Sabres.com:

‘The Sabres will play on consecutive nights a franchise-low 13 times in 2013-14 after leading the league in back-to-back sets during each of the last two full-length seasons (2011-12, 2010-11).’

Any idea whether the low number of back to back has to do with realignment or simply kind scheduling?

The above is a direct result of:

I counted only 11 home games on Fri, Sat or Sun. Only 2 weekend games line up with Bills games.

Which is a direct result of Pegula putting wins ahead of $, unlike the previous ownership.

Regarding back to backs, under previous ownership the Sabres had Fridays as their "prime" home game day, which resulted in high amounts of Friday-Saturday back to backs since Saturday is a huge day for the NHL. Pegula changed this, but in 2011 it was too late to impact the schedule and last season wad a giant cluster because of the lockout. So this will be the first year we truly benefit. But you know, Pegula sucks :rolleyes:

Yea, LPF beat me to it. And was much more succinct to boot.

Here it is: http://www.nhl.com/i...on.htm?team=buf

Highlights:

12 Nationally-televised games (NBC/NBCSN)

Game 1 in Detroit Oct 2 (NBC Sports Network)

Home opener Fri Oct 4, hosting Ottawa

Home games vs Montreal and Toronto on Wed/Fri surrounding Thanksgiving

Washington at Buffalo Dec 29 (they always seem to visit that week...why?)

Three separate trips to West Coast.

- Three California teams in early November

- PHX/Colorado Jan 30 / Feb 1

- Three Canadian teams in late March

Game 82 we host Islanders

Haha..... looks like I'm late.....and blind... :wallbash:

Maybe they meant more "metrosexual". Lundqvist dresses pretty well.

Lundqvist is pretty... stylish... yea thats what i mean pretty stylish.. yea :blush: :unsure:

I will say this now that the realignment and schedule is set, at least the weak and pathetic SE division has been broken up. Washington, Carolina, Floridas was ungodly awful.

I will say this now that the realignment and schedule is set, at least the weak and pathetic SE division has been broken up. Washington, Carolina, Floridas was ungodly awful.

Agreed. I actually have no problem with any of that. The Sabres need to compete.

I think they should rename the Atlantic Division the Jacobs division. Being 1 of only 2 teams in the division near the Atlantic this smells of him and it smells like bigfoot's D***

Direct your attention to the 1:40 mark and goodnight NY!!!

First of all, I give full credit to Terry and Ted for fixing the back to back issue. I seem to remember that they talked about fixing it before 11-12; I don't think it was too late to fix it — I seem to remember Ted giving a mea culpa for not fixing it (something to do with Disney on Ice in January comes to mind). I'm not sure how gutsy a move it is in terms of risking revenue, but whatev. Good for them.

As for the division names, I didn't get too involved in that whole debate, but it sure is frustrating to see what they ended up with? Why not use division names that work for most of the teams? Northeast still worked for all but Tampa and Florida. Atlantic still worked for all but Columbus and Pittsburgh. Did I miss some obvious explanation for why the league went in another direction?

First of all, I give full credit to Terry and Ted for fixing the back to back issue. I seem to remember that they talked about fixing it before 11-12; I don't think it was too late to fix it — I seem to remember Ted giving a mea culpa for not fixing it (something to do with Disney on Ice in January comes to mind). I'm not sure how gutsy a move it is in terms of risking revenue, but whatev. Good for them.

As for the division names, I didn't get too involved in that whole debate, but it sure is frustrating to see what they ended up with? Why not use division names that work for most of the teams? Northeast still worked for all but Tampa and Florida. Atlantic still worked for all but Columbus and Pittsburgh. Did I miss some obvious explanation for why the league went in another direction?

"The NHL did something that doesn't make a whole ton of sense" is an explanation in and of itself.

Archived