All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

Even the Amerks can't score. They managed one goal again tonight and lost 3-1.

http://theahl.com/st...game_id=1011442

I'm officially getting nervous about Armia. He's not exactly off to a blazing start in North America.

Robviously, Don't worry at all. Joel, for some unknown ###### reason has been on a line with Ellis and Gillies. Not exactly top tier AHL talent. He looks the part. Big, strong, athletic puck handler who wards off players with his size and skill. He'll be a good one. Hopefully, they put him in situations to succeed sooner rather than later.

Robviously, Don't worry at all. Joel, for some unknown ###### reason has been on a line with Ellis and Gillies. Not exactly top tier AHL talent. He looks the part. Big, strong, athletic puck handler who wards off players with his size and skill. He'll be a good one. Hopefully, they put him in situations to succeed sooner rather than later.

That rules out Buffalo

It's too early to tell for sure, and i appreciate your feedback and i value it highly, but i do think there is reason to start to worry about Armia. Ever since his injury last season, he just hasn't been the same. I don't have his statistics from the Finnish Liiga after his injury but i remember reading it was atrocious. Then he followed a bad end to the season with a pretty sub-par playoff performance.

He came to state-side and played in the prospects tournament with the Sabres in Michigan and was one of the worse player on the team. I don't even know if he got any points in that tournament? Logon Nelson and Colin Jacobs got several points while Armia did nothing. Now he's not scoring with the Amerks and stuck on a line with 2 veterans, which to me (only speculating) tells me they don't feel he can be a game-changer on offense and feel the risk to too high of him being a liability defensivly if he played with more offensive players.

That sounds to me like they're looking for some veteran mentoring for him. They're going to be patient with him just like we need to be. He's in the first year of his ELC, so there is plenty of time to get him adjusted to the game over here before we appoint him as the next savior.

12/11 - RCH 4, LE 2 -- Amerks top Monsters in final tune-up before Frozen Frontier:

Veteran forward Jamie Tardif scored his first goal of the night just 11 seconds into the contest and added another on a penalty shot eight seconds into the third period to lead the Rochester Americans to a 4-2 win over the visiting North Division rival Lake Erie Monsters Wednesday at The Blue Cross Arena. The win vaults the Amerks to second place in the North Division with a record of 11-10-2-2, moving ahead of the Monsters by a point. The two-game set continues on Friday, Dec. 13 as the teams take it outdoors in the premier event of the 2013 Greater Area Rochester Honda Dealers Frozen Frontier presented by Labatt.

Kevin Porter added a goal and an assist, Chad Ruhwedel had two assists and Mike Zigomanis provided a single tally to round out the scoring for the Amerks. Matt Hackett denied 16 shots for his sixth win of the season, while Kevin Sundher and Phil Varone also notched assists for Rochester. With his 20th assist of the season, Varone now ranks second in the AHL in total assists.

@AmerksHockey

Standing Room Only tickets are available for tomorrow’s #Amerks outdoor game. Go to: https://www.formstac...4743-37xiNLwusz

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Rochester Americans on TV This Weekend.

LIVE - Friday, December 13 - vs Lake Erie Monsters - "Frozen Frontier" - Frontier Field - 7:00 pm ET.

Time Warner Cable Sports Channel Buffalo - Rochester - Syracuse - SportsTime Ohio -

Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific (Canada) - Online - "AHL LIVE" via TheAHL.com website. (Cost - $6.99)

Tape Delay - Saturday, December 14 - 12:00 pm ET - NHL Network-United States.

Replays - Saturday, December 14 - 8:00 am ET - Buffalo - Rochester. 3:00 pm ET - Buffalo - Rochester.

Monday, December 16 - 3:00 pm ET - Buffalo - Rochester. Tuesday, December 17 - 11:00 am ET - Buffalo - Rochester.

Notes: Its not listed but Time Warner Cable Sports Channel Albany/Hudson Valley is scheduled to show the game LIVE.

(There are no replays scheduled for that channel.)

LIVE - Saturday, December 14 at Syracuse Crunch - 7:00 pm ET - Syracuse.

Notes: The game may be shown LIVE on the backup channel in Buffalo and Rochester.

No LIVE coverage on Buffalo/Rochesters main channels due to LIVE coverage of the "Frozen Frontier" Niagara-RIT mens college hockey game.

No coverage of the game - LIVE/Tape Delay - is scheduled for Albany/Hudson Valley.

(No LIVE coverage due to LIVE coverage of the Colgate-Albany mens college basketball game.)

Tape Delay - Sunday, December 15 - 8:00 am ET - Buffalo - Rochester.

Replays - Sunday, December 15 - 3:00 pm ET - Syracuse. 9:00 pm ET - Buffalo - Rochester.

Tuesday, December 17 - 3:00 pm ET - Syracuse. Wednesday, December 18 - 1:30 pm ET - Buffalo - Rochester.

Note: Of course should you want to watch either game at times different than what I listed above -

you may do so via the Time Warner Cable Sports On Demand Channel.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2013 Greater Area Rochester Honda Dealers Frozen Frontier presented by Labatt. Doesn't really roll of the tongue, does it?

But it sounds like it'll be a good game and obviously the outdoor thing is pretty cool. Is Frontier Field the old Silver Stadium?

2013 Greater Area Rochester Honda Dealers Frozen Frontier presented by Labatt. Doesn't really roll of the tongue, does it?

But it sounds like it'll be a good game and obviously the outdoor thing is pretty cool. Is Frontier Field the old Silver Stadium?

They tore down that dump silver about a decade or so ago. It suuuucked. Frontier is actually quite nice.

I'll be in section 112. Cant wait!

I think I am in 203 or 204. Forget now.

Nothing sounds less appealing. God bless ya, and the 10,000 other fans for makin it a great event but man am I too old for that ######.

I'm sure it will be tough. I'll make it through. I still kick myself for not going to the Winter Classic in Buffalo. this is how I live with that decision.

I think I am in 203 or 204. Forget now.

I'm sure it will be tough. I'll make it through. I still kick myself for not going to the Winter Classic in Buffalo. this is how I live with that decision.

I'd go to another Sabres' icebowl in a heartbeat. Having been living in rinks for the last 2+ months, I'm w/ Inky on this one. Had several opportunities to get tix, just no desire to go.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.