All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

@TheAHL

Check out the jerseys @AmerksHockey and @monstershockey revealed today for their Frozen Frontier matchup on Dec. 13: pic.twitter.com/HTmq6Qyz98

BY0RJiACIAAweQn.jpg

@kevinoDandC

Patrick Kaleta with an SHG. #Amerks lead 1-0 at 9:37 of 1st period.

Fun fact: When RIT was just starting it's hockey program, those old Americans sweaters were donated to the team by the Amerks. The Americans lettering was removed and big red RIT lettering sewn on.

First%20jersey_1960-62_jpg_0.jpg.crop_display.jpg

I think at this point I would rather watch the Amerks on broadcast than the Sabres. What or where if any is there a good link to Amerks broadcasts?

Never mind, whew this is pricy but probably better than the Sabres product: http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/?gclid=COvkibOr37oCFQ8OOgodVG0AOA

Edited by North Buffalo

Amerks fall to Monsters with 2-1 SOL on Veterans Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEVG-VApLDM

@kevinoDandC

Alex Sulzer in practice, an indication he's ready to play in Wednesday's 10 a.m. game at Hamilton. Missed past 3 games w/ lower body injury.

@kevinoDandC

Rookie RW Joel Armia no longer in red #Amerks practice sweater so he appears to be much closer to making his pro debut.

@kevinoDandC

#Amerks winger Joel Armia: "I'm pretty happy to be back." He hasn't played a real game since April with Assat Pori in Finnish league.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I think at this point I would rather watch the Amerks on broadcast than the Sabres. What or where if any is there a good link to Amerks broadcasts?

Never mind, whew this is pricy but probably better than the Sabres product

The unfortunate thing is that all the Amerks are on the Sabres. No one really worth watching outside of McNabb and maybe Kaleta.

Luke Adam just scored 20 seconds into the Amerks game. 10th of the year.

The unfortunate thing is that all the Amerks are on the Sabres. No one really worth watching outside of McNabb and maybe Kaleta.

Adam is still worth keeping an eye on. Might be another Brennen who always tears up the AHL but struggles in the NHL, but I'm willing to bet he gets another shot. Ruhwedel, Hackett, Armia soon, Catenacci.

There are some guys who will probably eventually be injury call-ups, especially if they tear the team down and leave the wounds open for a year or so. Guys like Sundher and Schaller.

Then you still have Sulzer, Porter and Ellis down there.

Luke Adam just scored 20 seconds into the Amerks game. 10th of the year.

Adam is still worth keeping an eye on. Might be another Brennen who always tears up the AHL but struggles in the NHL, but I'm willing to bet he gets another shot. Ruhwedel, Hackett, Armia soon, Catenacci.

There are some guys who will probably eventually be injury call-ups, especially if they tear the team down and leave the wounds open for a year or so. Guys like Sundher and Schaller.

Then you still have Sulzer, Porter and Ellis down there.

20 seconds into the 3rd period. Game started at 10 AM.

@AmerksHockey

#Amerks starting six: Ruhwedel and McNabb on the blueline with Varone centering Tardif and Armia. Lieuwen gets the nod between the pipes.

@kevinoDandC

Luke Adam with a PPG for #Amerks. His 12th goal -- in just 14 games. 2-0 at Utica. At some point, the #Sabres MUST give him another chance.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

11/15 - RCH 4, UTI 2 -- Adam, Armia lead Amerks to 4-2 win over Utica:

The Rochester Americans defeated the Utica Comets by a score of 4-2 on Friday night at Utica Memorial Auditorium as Luke Adam scored his 12th and 13th goals of the season for Rochester. The win was the second straight for the Amerks and improved their record to 7-3-2-2 on the season, keeping them alone in first place in the American Hockey League’s North Division.

By recording his second consecutive two-goal game, Adam took over the AHL lead in goals with 13 in just 14 games. Rookie Joel Armia, playing in just his second game with the Amerks, collected two assists for the first points of his North American professional career. Kevin Sundher also registered two assists while veterans Matt Ellis and Mike Zigomanis each scored a goal to round out the scoring for Rochester. Goaltender Nathan Lieuwen stopped 33 of 35 shots to earn the win in net.

Utica forward Benn Ferriero scored both Comets goals on the night while netminders Joacim Eriksson and Joe Cannata combined to stop 26 of 30 Rochester shots on goal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.