All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

Duffer agreed with me, these Amerks jerseys are the best.

Amerks "enforcer" Freddie Roy somewhat enacting revenge for Risto sucker punch. Gotta admire the kids fire but he must have a screw loose. Constantly taking on dudes 4 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier.

If I'm a 4th liner I'm getting into at least 2 fights just to stay warm

Matt Barnaby.

that was painful to watch lol

Armia with a couple of helpers so far. Like I said, he'll be fine. He's playing with guys who CAN'T score, at all.

I'm glad he got those two assists. Yeah he'll be more than fine. He just needs to grow into frame more. Saw who he was playing with, he's on the power forward line which i guess is what they want him to eventually be. It's his first North American professional season. Damn does he have hands. Connolly esque

AMERKS TOP MONSTERS IN SHOOTOUT THRILLER AT FROZEN FRONTIER

In the first-ever outdoor game for either franchise, captain Matt Ellis scored the game-winning goal in the sixth round of the shootout as the Rochester Americans froze the Lake Erie Monsters with a historic 5-4 victory under the stars Friday night in front of 11,015 fans at Frontier Field in the kickoff to the Greater Area Rochester Honda Dealers Frozen Frontier presented by Labatt. The win marks three consecutive victories for the Amerks over Lake Erie and vaults Rochester to first place in the AHL’s North Division with a record of 12-10-2-2.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW BOXSCORE

http://youtu.be/W9FNlrc1_YM

http://youtu.be/-UuEKsb_TlQ

AHL Hockey

AHL Outdoor Game Rochester #114

Saturday, December 14, 12:00 pm on NHL Network USA

Duration: 2:00:00

[HD][CC]

Broadcast In: English

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Amerks "enforcer" Freddie Roy somewhat enacting revenge for Risto sucker punch. Gotta admire the kids fire but he must have a screw loose. Constantly taking on dudes 4 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier.

If I'm a 4th liner I'm getting into at least 2 fights just to stay warm

He was vicious in that fight. His constant left jabs and then uncorking a few rights. It was pretty cool.

Overall there was some seriously bad officiating. The game was entertaining to watch and thanks to dressing properly I wasn't even the slightest bit cold. I never sat down (the benefits of being in the last row). I was warmer standing as it didn't tighten up the clothing.

I'm glad I was there.. it ended properly and at the time I was certain they did not score in time to tie the game.

DOWN ON THE FARM: Check out the week that was for Buffalo's pro prospects (12/17/13)

The AHL’s Rochester Americans moved up in the standings last week, earning two victories in three tries, including a thrilling shootout triumph over a division rival.

The busy week began on Wednesday with Jamie Tardif scoring a pair of goals - including one via penalty shot - as Rochester downed Lake Erie 4-2. Kevin Porter and Mike Zigomanis provided single markers, while Matt Hackett had a light night in the Amerks crease, stopping 16 of the 18 shots sent his way to earn the victory. Defenseman Chad Ruhwedel contributed two assists for his second multipoint game of the season.

The Amerks and Monsters reconvened Friday as 11,015 fans braved the frigid temperatures to enjoy a classic outdoor battle at the 2013 Frozen Frontier.

Matt Ellis produced a goal and an assist in regulation and later added the shootout winner as Rochester earned their second-straight victory, a 5-4 decision over Lake Erie. Jerome Gauthier-Leduc, Phil Varone and Colton Gillies also scored for Rochester, while Joel Armia contributed an assist and three shots on goal. Hackett was again solid with 26 saves for the Amerks.

With the magical victory behind them, the Amerks packed their gear and headed east on the I-90 for a Saturday night tilt against rival Syracuse. Nathan Lieuwen stopped 26 of 27 shots to earn the game’s number three star, but Brett Connolly’s first-period goal would hold up the rest of the way resulting in a 1-0 shutout loss to the Crunch. Johan Larsson posted five of the Amerks' 27 shots in the loss.

Sitting in second place in the North Division standings, the Amerks (12-11-2-2) will faceoff with the team one point ahead of them on Wednesday when they host the Toronto Marlies for a 7:05 p.m. start at Blue Cross Arena.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.