Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Generally, if you make a rule because one guy is too good at something, it's probably a bad rule. And there's nothing wrong with goalies handling the puck, anyway.

Yea.. tying down the jersey is stupid.

Roussel could have stopped more but he also didn't raise his arm to increase the contact either. The response was warranted I suppose. On the other hand, if the Canes D doesn't get beat to the outside there it's a different story entirely.

I understand that he's a bit of a headcase, but is there anybody in hockey that's treated worse than Roberto Luongo?

He's actually a very good goaltender and always has been. He's had some periods where he has been inconsistent, and his contract sucks. But damn. They are starting the rookie over him in the heritage classic after he went out and got equipment made up. Obviously not the team's fault, and Lack has played well lately, but it just seems like he always gets the short end of the stick there.

I understand that he's a bit of a headcase, but is there anybody in hockey that's treated worse than Roberto Luongo?

He's actually a very good goaltender and always has been. He's had some periods where he has been inconsistent, and his contract sucks. But damn. They are starting the rookie over him in the heritage classic after he went out and got equipment made up. Obviously not the team's fault, and Lack has played well lately, but it just seems like he always gets the short end of the stick there.

Well, there's a reason Tortorella wears out his welcome among vets...

I have NYI Harmonic as a Dman on a fantasy team that punishes for PIMS. His total today was 32 PIMs for a -16 points.... OUCH! Yeah, I'm not winning this week. He got a Game Misconduct and a Major Game misconduct + and instigator and more.. Sheesh.

So, how about this outdoor game?

I had it on while reading a book. They're still cool and all, but the NHL has over-egged the pudding. It still ends up being a hockey game between two teams I don't care about, so I suppose it did it's job in that I probably wouldn't have had it on at all (I like hockey and all, but I rarely watch random games). That being said, this one was neat because you could watch the snow-trails of the puck as it moved around. Oh, and I dig the wire-camera as the main shot. I wouldn't mind seeing that more-overhead view it provides as a regular feature for indoor games.

You want to watch vanilla tune into the Canucks/Ottawa today in a domed stadium. Not sure how that'll translate as an outdoor game but they can open the dome partially for the weather affect and it has been snowing some on the best coast this past couple of days so there's that. The spin is heritage classic but these games have been over saturated this season. Won't watch.

As a side note Torts is apparently playing Eddie Lack in place of Luongo who's feeling left out.

Edited by bunomatic

You want to watch vanilla tune into the Canucks/Ottawa today in a domed stadium. Not sure how that'll translate as an outdoor game but they can open the dome partially for the weather affect and it has been snowing some on the best coast this past couple of days so there's that. The spin is heritage classic but these games have been over saturated this season. Won't watch.

As a side note Torts is apparently playing Eddie Lack in place of Luongo who's feeling left out.

Yeah, this one is going to be weird. I agree that there are too many this year, but I'll take all of these over some random college basketball game every time.

And sorry, but the best coast is our North coast and your South coast.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.