Wanted: Assistant Coaches: Joe Sacco

IKnowPhysics

Teppo still on board, though. Bucky's tweet:

Source: James Patrick and Kevyn Adams have been fired. Teppo is staying. Darcy loves Teppo. Darcy and Patrick not best buds.

I've been holding this thread at arm's distance, but it should get interesting now.

I don't know enough about what Adams and Patrick do to give them a fair assessment.

But I like this for two reasons:

It shows Rolston is not afraid to make tough decisions and be his own man.

And it gives hope for a power play that never should have been that bad.

Leino benching too.

So much for the claims that Darcy screwed Teppo that year w/ the contract / heart condition thing. Seems things are pretty cool between him and the org after all.

Then how do you explain off 75% of teams with a head coach as assistant making the playoffs and 17% without one making it?

Again...the numbers were similar last time as well. That seems like simple enough to me. What voodoo numbers are we using to deflect this from the inept Sabres this time?

That's a pretty advanced statistic you are throwing out there.

I'm glad Teppo is staying. I wonder if Ron's idea was that he doesn't need two defensive minded coaches and figured he liked Teppo for that role. Cassidy and the brother Brian would make good offensive minded assistants. Let's see what happens.

Oh Crap, Islander announcer Howie Rose was just talking about how much time a team spends in the other team's zone affects their goals against, a metric designed by Sabre goaltender coach Jim Corsi. Butch Goring's response was and he must be looking for a job. Rose said, no he still has one and then there was an abrupt cut to commercial.... So those who think Corsi is gone might be on to something.... hmmm.

I always liked James Patrick as a steady player and really good for the Sabres as a six or seventh defenseman. Can't say much about him as an assistant coach, but I understand he was quite upset and vocal when Ruff was fired and he didn't get to replace him. Like it or not, you can't blame Rolston for not wanting to look over his shoulder.

I always liked James Patrick as a steady player and really good for the Sabres as a six or seventh defenseman. Can't say much about him as an assistant coach, but I understand he was quite upset and vocal when Ruff was fired and he didn't get to replace him. Like it or not, you can't blame Rolston for not wanting to look over his shoulder.

the last thing I want in a HC is one who is afraid of those underneath him. I HOPE that isn't the case here.

In any field, a boss afraid of ambitious underlings is a lousy boss.

Archived