Wanted: Assistant Coaches: Joe Sacco

IKnowPhysics

So Teppo is going to be on the bench this season.

Personally, I can't understand why he wasn't already there. While playing he was known for his strong bench presence.

He's running the defense and...the power play

I'm trying to recall the quality of the PP while he was a Sabre...if that even matters.

Who will be on the bench with Rolston and Teppo? I assume Sacco.

I honestly thought Sacco was the worst head coach in the league last year. It always seemed like the Avs were out of position last year - and whenever there was a scramble in front of the net, all 6 Avs would yell "Alamo" and collapse to the goal. That said, being an assistant coach is a whole lot different than running the show. So hopefully his experience will help.

I honestly thought Sacco was the worst head coach in the league last year. It always seemed like the Avs were out of position last year - and whenever there was a scramble in front of the net, all 6 Avs would yell "Alamo" and collapse to the goal. That said, being an assistant coach is a whole lot different than running the show. So hopefully his experience will help.

Sacco being here tells me a lot about Rolston, just as Lindy's kiddie lineup behind the bench told me a lot about him.

• 1 month later...

Matt Duchene does not have good things to say about Joe Sacco.

Now that it's in the past, Matt Duchene doesn't mind admitting that he didn't think coach Joe Sacco was right for the Avalanche. "There were very few people in this (dressing) room who were happy. Our style of play, it wasn't right for this team. We knew it would fail," Duchene said. "That was the hard part. We knew (any) success was going to be short-lived. It was hard to really be excited about it. For myself, it was really hard to look at what we were doing and think it would keep on working.

So the Sabres are Sacco's fault?

But I want to blame Darcy.

Well Darcy hired an inferior coach, who hired an inferior assistant coach (Sacco). So, it is Darcy's fault one degree removed!

We could play a game of "6 degrees of Darcy." I'm pretty sure we can blame just about anything on Darcy. The economy... taxes... disease... hunger... all are somehow Darcy's fault. :P

Archived