Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

Still a few days to see if this comes true.

John Buccigross@Buccigross 8m

Jeff Tuel will be 1st undrafted rookie QB in common draft era (since 1967) to start a season opener when he starts for the Bills in Week 1

Awesome news. Let's hope he is the next coming of Joe Montana..

I pity the Tuel.

Well done.

Hoo boy.

The argument can be made that the 2 most (or certainly 2 of the most) important positions on an NFL team are QB and a stud CB. The latter appears especially the case with Pettine's system, which, as I heard it, was going to be based on something along the lines of Gilmore Island.

Now we're looking at Week 1 without an NFL caliber QB on the roster and no stud CB.

Spiller's a wonderful talent, but if the Pats are facing Tuel, then I fear that CJ won't make it through the game without an injury.

Hoo boy.

The argument can be made that the 2 most (or certainly 2 of the most) important positions on an NFL team are QB and a stud CB. The latter appears especially the case with Pettine's system, which, as I heard it, was going to be based on something along the lines of Gilmore Island.

Now we're looking at Week 1 without an NFL caliber QB on the roster and no stud CB.

Spiller's a wonderful talent, but if the Pats are facing Tuel, then I fear that CJ won't make it through the game without an injury.

Knock Brady out before the first quarter ends and the Bills have a shot at not getting completely embarrassed.

I know I view my team with myopic glasses, but sheesh, can't they get out of just one training camp in tact? Every year it seems like injuries dismantle this team before they even start playing,

I sure hope Tuel aint a tool or a fool. I'm counting on you Tuel to shock the world. Bring it.

Edited by wjag

I know I view my team with myopic glasses, but sheesh, can't they get out of just one training camp in tact? Every year it seems like injuries dismantle this team before they even start playing,

I sure hope Tuel aint a tool or a fool. I'm counting on you Tuel to shock the world. Bring it.

He's the second coming of Steamin' Willie Beamin.

I'm guessing Manuel will be healthy enough to start by time game 1 happens. But since the odds of winning that game are pretty slim, I'd be happier to at least have that fun fact with Tuel starting as the thing to remember about that game.

This. Let's just do it because it's cool.

I had tix for Thursdays game, but I really wanted to see Manuel and preseason doesn't excite me much. So I gave them to some young kids and they were really excited.

I still have hope for an 8-8 season, but with all these injuries mounting I'm becoming just that much less hopeful.

It'll be interesting to see how Tuel handles himself against a very good Pats team, also it'll be interesting to see how many injuries we sustain before week 3,if our o line starts getting injured early, we're in for a very very long season.

I had tix for Thursdays game, but I really wanted to see Manuel and preseason doesn't excite me much. So I gave them to some young kids and they were really excited.

I still have hope for an 8-8 season, but with all these injuries mounting I'm becoming just that much less hopeful.

It'll be interesting to see how Tuel handles himself against a very good Pats team, also it'll be interesting to see how many injuries we sustain before week 3,if our o line starts getting injured early, we're in for a very very long season.

I've been predicting 6-10 for a while now but was hoping that would be reversed. With Gilmore's injury I'm expecting the 6-10 to be pretty close to spot on.

But I like the potential the youth on this team has and the attacking attitude this coaching staff brings to all 3 phases of the game, so with a good draft next year, I expect the playoff drought to end in '14.

I've been predicting 6-10 for a while now but was hoping that would be reversed. With Gilmore's injury I'm expecting the 6-10 to be pretty close to spot on.

Apologies if I'm repeating myself, but I've been predicting 6-10 every year for nearly 20 years. Welcome to the bandwagon. :)

But I like the potential the youth on this team has and the attacking attitude this coaching staff brings to all 3 phases of the game, so with a good draft next year, I expect the playoff drought to end in '14.

I don't see 6-10. I just don't. The LBs and DBs are too weak to hold anyone from running/passing on the team. I think we'll see more to cheer about in the offense and special teams this year, but the defense will let this team down.

Please Buffalo make me eat these words.. Please.

Edited by wjag

Apologies if I'm repeating myself, but I've been predicting 6-10 every year for nearly 20 years. Welcome to the bandwagon. :)

I've only been here the past couple of seasons but unfortunately I don't see them moving off it.

I don't see 6-10. I just don't. The LBs and DBs are too weak to hold anyone from running/passing on the team. I think we'll see more to cheer about in the offense and special teams this year, but the defense will let this team down.

Please Buffalo make me eat these words.. Please.

I expect the O to be significantly better than last season. (Assumes they stay healthy.)

When Gilmore is back healthy, the D should be better than they were last year, but that's not saying much.

The schedule is tougher and it usually takes a season for a new coaching staff to get the players on page. So, the improved play should be good for a win or 3, and the tougher schedule and learning new schemes w/ the new staff should be bad for a loss or 3. Which nets out to staying where they were. Though it should be much more entertaining and they should be laying a foundation they can actually build on.

Leinart 3/10 for 11 yards and 2 picks..... Ouch...

Goodwin out with an eye injury.....

So this preseason needs to end, but you're right about the attacking attitude and enthusiasm, I am excited for it and will be starting week 1....hey maybe we'll shock the world

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.