OT: Explosions at the Boston Marathon

spndnchz

I hate to single you out on this one, but nfreeman, do you still feel as highly about the NY Post as you did the other day?

Absolutely. What they reported was correct -- suspect in custody. He was questioned and released, but at the time, their reporting was correct.

Absolutely. What they reported was correct -- suspect in custody. He was questioned and released, but at the time, their reporting was correct.

I don't think he was ever a "suspect" or "in custody", but they I don't think they said either of those things. He was a "person of interest" being guarded at the hospital. They eventually went through his apartment hours later and there was nothing there.

So technically everything about that was true. He just wasn't involved.

What they did screw up was the "12 dead" thing. Still not sure where that came from.

I don't think he was ever a "suspect" or "in custody", but they I don't think they said either of those things. He was a "person of interest" being guarded at the hospital. They eventually went through his apartment hours later and there was nothing there.

So technically everything about that was true. He just wasn't involved.

What they did screw up was the "12 dead" thing. Still not sure where that came from.

By the way....they deported him.

We'll know pretty quickly. If you're one of those guys and you weren't involved, wouldn't you call the police within about 2 minutes to tell them who you are and what you were doing there?

Unless they are already "gone".

Source?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU73EZmYjF4

It's all over the place today. Reuters reported Obama had an unscheduled meeting with the Saudis yesterday.

We'll know pretty quickly. If you're one of those guys and you weren't involved, wouldn't you call the police within about 2 minutes to tell them who you are and what you were doing there?

That's having a lot of faith in our law enforcement agencies.

That's having a lot of faith in our law enforcement agencies.

As opposed to what? Hoping they never ever figure out that it's you in the picture? And just hope they never kick your door down with a SWAT team?

If you have absolutely nothing to hide, you clear it up as soon as possible. And not just for you. It would also help them move on and, ideally, find the right person instead of wasting their time trying to figure out who you are.

And the 12 dead report? The one that really made me say this though was putting the picture of those two other kids on their cover today. That one is inexcusable.

Neither of the men in the link you initially posted are the suspects being targeted by the FBI so...

So? I thought the entire online sleuthing was interesting, and it turns out this is all the Feds have to go with.

Archived