OT: Explosions at the Boston Marathon

spndnchz

When did this shoot out and manhunt start? Did this happen early this morning?

10:30PM or so was the first one, with the MIT cop being killed. Then it sounds like the big stuff started at around 1AM.

And right now, it looks like they have him cornered in a house in Watertown. It's in a neighborhood just off of a road I drive on daily.

This is kind of like what we had to do for 3 weeks in DC during the sniper attacks. We had to live like shut ins. I feel for the people in Boston. What an awful situation and hopefully it's coming to an end.

I lived outside DC at the time, I actually went to the monuments with my parents one weekend while they were in town. Very few lines. We figured the odds were so slim that it wasn't worth worrying about. Which is kind of how I feel about terrorism in general. If you let it get to you, you're letting them win.

Chechen dudes robbed a 7-Eleven. Same ones in the bombing photos. Father of dead brother says son was a good student and true angel. Wow. In any case the dead guy apparently was loaded for bear with explosives etc. Caught with his fingers in the cookie jar so to speak.

So listening to news and reading tweets there is and I stress this A POSSIBILITY as in nothing proven or for sure that the Boston brothers may have had several accomplices. No one has confirmed that.

Basically no one knows what is going on at this point.

I lived outside DC at the time, I actually went to the monuments with my parents one weekend while they were in town. Very few lines. We figured the odds were so slim that it wasn't worth worrying about. Which is kind of how I feel about terrorism in general. If you let it get to you, you're letting them win.

That's because they weren't attacking monuments and barely crossed into the District. They were attacking craft stores and gas stations in Md. and Va. I would practically have to beg my then girlfriend not to fill up her tank until she got to DC. It was fairly terrifying.

If anyone saw my post in Complaint Thursday last night, that guy just emailed me expecting me to complete some work for him right now. You have got to be kidding me.

Wrong thread. Save it for next Thursday.

Archived