OT: Explosions at the Boston Marathon

spndnchz

I haven't seen any reports of anyone dead...yet. Hope I don't. Not optimistic.

And yeah, shrader, where are you?

Boston Herald reporting at least 3 dead.

Like i said in the BB forum. Check the date. April 15th. Tax day. I hope it wasn't some fanatical D-beg.

Please wait. I think every single person has something to say about the causality. Let's just let the situation mature a little, first.

Sandy Hook, Aurora Theater, now this? Tough times for everyone, gotta wonder how the President's gonna respond to this one.

"Reuters reports that President Barack Obama has been informed of the blasts and has directed his administration to provide assistance in the investigation."

courtesy of BBC News.

Also of note is NYC and Washington DC have heightened security.

3rd explosion at the public JFK library.

i just don't get this. apparently a "saudi national" is in custody. i'm not violent by nature, but if this person is indeed the perp, i hope someone goes ape sh** on him for an example to all terrorists--domestic and foreign.

Sandy Hook, Aurora Theater, now this? Tough times for everyone, gotta wonder how the President's gonna respond to this one.

Sadly, this looks as if it maybe a continuation of the senseless violence and destruction that can be found daily in this country as well as all over the world. When I first saw the reports I was actually hoping for it being a careless accident with a propane tank or something stupid like that.

Archived