Is it too early to bust on Toronto?

Doohickie

EPIC COLLAPSE!! I've never seen my full term pregnant wife jump that high in her life when Boston scored in OT. She isn't the biggest hockey or Sabres fan in the world but she sure hates the leafs. The office is VERY quiet this morning!

It's my fault. With 1:53 left in the 3rd period, I actually uttered the following out loud: "Oh my God! Toronto is going to win!" Yeah, that didn't happen.... :blink:

I thought it was my fault. That is about when I turned the game on.

Doesn't the air just seem a little fresher this morning? I hear the birds chirping (or is that Leafs analyst Nick Kypryos whining about the officials?), the sun is beaming down brightly (no wait, that's the red light going on behind Reimer over and over), and people are very spiritual (oh, that's right, there was so much praying from Leaf fans when they went to overtime and you can still feel it in the air.)

A beautiful day out here in Southern Ontario it is indeed!

Doesn't the air just seem a little fresher this morning? I hear the birds chirping (or is that Leafs analyst Nick Kypryos whining about the officials?), the sun is beaming down brightly (no wait, that's the red light going on behind Reimer over and over), and people are very spiritual (oh, that's right, there was so much praying from Leaf fans when they went to overtime and you can still feel it in the air.)

A beautiful day out here in Southern Ontario it is indeed!

Leaf's fan aye? Celebrating their accomplishments....

^^^ haha - that's one bonus about the playoffs (when Buffalo isn't in them) - when something bad happens to a team in the playoffs, it's probably a team we don't like, and we can derive some joy from it. :)

^^^ haha - that's one bonus about the playoffs (when Buffalo isn't in them) - when something bad happens to a team in the playoffs, it's probably a team we don't like, and we can derive some joy from it. :)

I may be in the minority, but I'd rather miss the playoffs than endure what Leafs fans did last night. I'd probably be useless for a week if that happened to the Sabres :lol:

Didn't I read someone here say the Leafs were a team the Sabres should aspire to be?

Like in qualify for the playoffs?

I may be in the minority, but I'd rather miss the playoffs than endure what Leafs fans did last night. I'd probably be useless for a week if that happened to the Sabres :lol:

Likely you will continue to get your wish.

haha - yeah, if record setting fail had beset the Sabres like that, my productivity at work would be non-existent - I'd be calling clients, associates and employees and bitching endlessly about it for days. :lol:

The sad thing is that the leafs got a head start on building a winner. They've experienced some of their growing pains. Last night was one of them. At some point our young roster will experience the same thing.

Growing pains absolutely. But one would hope we can escape without historic growing pains :lol:

The sad thing is that the leafs got a head start on building a winner.

Not sure what you mean here; head start implies haste- not the case when the Leafs hadn't been able to make the playoffs since before the '04 lockout. They're years behind in rebuilding; Sundin left five years ago.

I'm thinking about it a little more, and Toronto never making the playoffs, then making the playoffs this year is encouraging for us- it's evidence that the rebuild plan could work.

Toronto pissed away the pieces of its pre-'04 lockout self, failing to gain back the pieces necessary for a rebuild: numerous and quality draft picks. They continue to flounder by trading away what would end up being some of their best picks in an attempt to patch up their roster with Kessel. Then they keep and develop their younger players Kadri et al, and they start to find success.

If the Sabres skip the years of ###### around, and just convert our on-the-way-out players for good draft picks, we should be able to avoid the historic growing pains.

Archived