Is it too early to bust on Toronto?

Doohickie

Holy crap... I have Tim Connolly hair...

This is dirty. ;)

Fax machine? Cans connected with string? A string of massive fire beacons between Buffalo and Toronto?

We already know the Fax is broken, so it should be ok unless someone near the arena sees a fax machine repair man entering.

If I see fire beacons coming accross the peace bridge I will have the fire departments sent out to extinguish them ;)

@DarrenDreger

Tim Connolly not on the ice at Leafs practice. It's expected Connolly will be placed on waivers. More opportunity for players in system.

This was mentioned in the around the NHL thread, but is also relevant in this thread. Tim Connollol

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/21511-is-it-too-early-to-bust-on-toronto/#entry430909

I was doing some reading and realized that during the years leading up to the '05 lockout, Toronto spent between 29 and 41 percent more than the league average payroll and were a perennial playoff team.

Then bam, salary cap comes into play. Toronto's payroll drops 41% in one season and they lose the ability to buy players at will. They don't make the playoffs ever again. They haven't made the playoffs since the last CBA was signed.

Pens home opener is tonight against the Laffs. How bad will it be for the Loafs I mean Leaves... scratch that...Losers?

7-2 Pens is my call.

Close enough, if you flipped the teams

I won't take anything away from the Leafs for that game tonight, but man did the Pens just look bad out there. They did not look like a team that dominated their first 2 road games of the season. The Leafs didn't look that much different then how they played against Buffalo, they were just able to bury their chances this time.

It was funny at the end of the game to see Cindy get tossed in the box for unsportsmanlike after the Pens took the too many men penalty to take them from a 6 on 5 with the goalie out to shorthanded with a 5 on 3.

Close enough, if you flipped the teams

I won't take anything away from the Leafs for that game tonight, but man did the Pens just look bad out there. They did not look like a team that dominated their first 2 road games of the season. The Leafs didn't look that much different then how they played against Buffalo, they were just able to bury their chances this time.

It was funny at the end of the game to see Cindy get tossed in the box for unsportsmanlike after the Pens took the too many men penalty to take them from a 6 on 5 with the goalie out to shorthanded with a 5 on 3.

Not my best prognostication to say the least. :oops:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived