Is it too early to bust on Toronto?

Doohickie

They've had a lot of high picks who are starting to come on. Keep in mind Snow wanted to trade his entire draft to move up two spots for Ryan Murray, who doesn't exactly project as the next Scott Niedermayer.

They still have Strome and Reinhart on the way too. Two reasons to want to talk to them if we're trying to trade Vanek. Now that the Islanders are a playoff team, would they be interested in acquiring a star player and investing some money? Their profile is on the rise with the move to Brooklyn and the outdoor game next season. You never know.

They still have Strome and Reinhart on the way too. Two reasons to want to talk to them if we're trying to trade Vanek. Now that the Islanders are a playoff team, would they be interested in acquiring a star player and investing some money? Their profile is on the rise with the move to Brooklyn and the outdoor game next season. You never know.

I really think the move to Brooklyn will be transformative.

It has been a long time coming waiting for Tavares to fully mature, but he really deserves to be in any conversation with Crosby.

Don't know if anyone noticed, the Toronto Maple Leafs clinched a playoff spot last night.

JVR has to be one of the best pickups of the season.

If Joffrey Lupul can stay healthy and James Reimer can give them some consistent play in net stand on his head, night in and night out the Leafs may just surprise some teams.

Fixed it for you. ;)

I really think the move to Brooklyn will be transformative.

It has been a long time coming waiting for Tavares to fully mature, but he really deserves to be in any conversation with Crosby.

So do I. They're not going to move to Brooklyn and not try to get legitimate. Whether that means they're going to be interested in trading for Vanek or Miller is anyone's guess.

Obviously putting Vanek next to Tavares would be something. And Nabakov is 37 and UFA so Miller could be on their radar too. (Not sure if he'd go, but if they work out their deal to move a year earlier it would obviously help.)

Columbus beat San Jose, holding on to 8th place by 3 points. Worst in the league and their best player traded away to a likely playoff spot in one season. Good job Columbus.

Interesting how Scott Howson, Brian Burke, and Garth Snow have been viewed given the results of the Jackets, Leafs, and Isles this season.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm thinking........ it probably was a little early to bust on them. They made the play-offs and we didn't. The Marlies are about to sweep The Amerks, who have a handful of players who were playing in the NHL within the last two weeks for our boys................Yea, I'd love to see Burke here as GM. We hired a guy named Imlach who they fired once upon a time and he did a pretty good job. Hmhhhhhh? Can Darcy measure up to either of these guys?

So, I'm thinking........ it probably was a little early to bust on them. They made the play-offs and we didn't. The Marlies are about to sweep The Amerks, who have a handful of players who were playing in the NHL within the last two weeks for our boys................Yea, I'd love to see Burke here as GM. We hired a guy named Imlach who they fired once upon a time and he did a pretty good job. Hmhhhhhh? Can Darcy measure up to either of these guys?

So Burky can file lawsuits against people on this board? Like he is suing Poomerman in Vancouver.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/brian-burke-sues-internet-commenters-over-firing-rumour-000751306.html

(this story I just can't get over.)

The Leafs have been a top offensive team with Lupul available for only 1/4 of a season. If Lupul stays healthy that may just be enough to lesson the need for Reimer to "stand on his head" as you say.

So Bruins or Leafs?

What say you?

Maybe I'll cheer for Wade Redden in this series. I'm conflicted.

You should cheer with good reason. He's showing Rags, Torts and slats to be the fools they are for one. Add a goal and an assist and a plus one and beating the Leafs, good for him after what he has endured under those clowns.

Reflecting on the Bruins and Leafs game last night. I think:

1) Leafs are still not strong enough up the middle. I think the short season concealed some flaws.

2) Bruins have intentionally targeted Grabovski. Leafs lose Grabosvski and their lines fall apart.

3) Reimer is going to see high glove side quite a bit, I don't think he finishes this series. We'll see Scrivens. Leafs will be talking goaltending all offseason.

4) That was just a devastating loss. Toronto has nothing to take away from it.

5) Bruins are a veteran team. They have an extra playoff gear.

Reflecting on the Bruins and Leafs game last night. I think:

1) Leafs are still not strong enough up the middle. I think the short season concealed some flaws.

2) Bruins have intentionally targeted Grabovski. Leafs lose Grabosvski and their lines fall apart.

3) Reimer is going to see high glove side quite a bit, I don't think he finishes this series. We'll see Scrivens. Leafs will be talking goaltending all offseason.

4) That was just a devastating loss. Toronto has nothing to take away from it.

5) Bruins are a veteran team. They have an extra playoff gear.

Not unlike them targeting Vanek in game 1 or targeting Miller. The playoffs are a place for the cold and rough. I'd love to see Steve Ott in the playoffs. I think he'd really shine.

Not unlike them targeting Vanek in game 1 or targeting Miller. The playoffs are a place for the cold and rough. I'd love to see Steve Ott in the playoffs. I think he'd really shine.

When was he last in them? 2008, makes him the perfect Sabre.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived