Beyond Blue and Gold: Sabres.com series

Two or less

Please tell me this is sarcasm.  Please?

Please tell me you're joking.

http://sabres.nhl.com/?navid=nav-teamnav-buf

Really good episode highlighting Gionta. His trip to Roswell is the main portion, but it has a bunch of stuff about him handing over the reigns to O'Reilly, and him realizing it's the end of his career. Great montage at the end with him and ROR

I swear, if it wasn't Christmas Eve...

Please tell me you're joking.

I swear, if it wasn't Christmas Eve...

I don't buy into the "athletes are role models" thing any more than I would buy into a "musicians are role models thing."

Tell me why I should.  Kids worship both, but for one group, sex and drugs and rock and roll is expected; for the other, it's seemingly intolerable.

• 4 weeks later...

I love this series, I wish they did one every other week. I still haven't figured out their schedule for it.

So far we've done:

Jack

Dan Byslma

Jack/Moulson

Bogosian

Gionta

Linus/Johnson

I really want a ROR and Reinhart one. Even more so, I want a Risto one

Please tell me this is sarcasm.  Please?

I know my comment is nearly a month old, but I thought it was fairly obvious I was being sarcastic. No need to vilify a young kid for a can of dip when we so easily overlook other transgressions in our athletes (hence the ROR comment).

It's all about the production level.  

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I agree with you, and I don't even have to watch. But I will.

I haven't seen it yet either. I was just commenting on the apparent consensus of the room. I was at work when I made the post so videos are blocked for me anyway, plus I don't have Facebook so I would have had to find it on their website and I just don't think I'm ready to devote that much energy into the Russ Brandon pr machine, even though it took longer to type this post than it would have been to pull it up and watch it. I may get around to it eventually though.

Edited by Alkoholist

Sometimes the narrative goes too far.  This is one of those times.

Why can't some people just sit back and enjoy a feel good story about a very sick little boy who had his wish come true thanks to the Make A Wish Foundation, Jack Eichel and the Buffalo Sabres.

Sure it's PR, but it is good PR.

Sometimes the narrative goes too far.  This is one of those times.

Why can't some people just sit back and enjoy a feel good story about a very sick little boy who had his wish come true thanks to the Make A Wish Foundation, Jack Eichel and the Buffalo Sabres.

Sure it's PR, but it is good PR.

I still haven't watched it. Good for Jack on giving some dying kid his wish though. I hope he turns the corner and recovers.

Doing something good doesn't excuse the bad things though. If that's the case every liberal needs to shut up about Trump because he's done some charity in his time. Every conservative needs to shut up about Hillary because she's done some charity as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.