Beyond Blue and Gold: Sabres.com series

Two or less

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously dude, shovel your driveway. Or hire some kid to do it like the elderly do.

LOL... I'll have you know I grew up shoveling snow and still shovel my own snow. I actually enjoy the exercise of it.

and now to the heart of your 'seriously dude' comment:

I was only reacting to the fact that he grew up in Edmonton and his family is still there. He had more to say about his love for Edmonton than Buffalo. He is one of the few tradeable assets on this club. Seems like a win for everyone if we could exchange one of their 'need a change of scenery forwards' for one of ours.

Edited by wjag

LOL... I'll have you know I grew up shoveling snow and still shovel my own snow. I actually enjoy the exercise of it.

and now to the heart of your 'seriously dude' comment:

I was only reacting to the fact that he grew up in Edmonton and his family is still there. He had more to say about his love for Edmonton than Buffalo. He is one of the few tradeable assets on this club. Seems like a win for everyone if we could exchange one of their 'need a change of scenery forwards' for one of ours.

Not directed solely at you but I'm a bit confused by the whole move Ennis mentality.

Even Howard and Jeremy were talking about it at the beginning of the week. I really don't understand how he registers as a "change of scenery" guy. He is EASILY one of the most offensively gifted forwards on this team, if not the single most talented. If the rationale here is he isn't putting up points, then every single player should be seen as needing a change in scenery. I blame the lower numbers of players like Ennis on the overall lack of talent this team has as a whole.

There are very few players in this league that can create offense solely on their own. And when you only have enough talent for one and a half dangerous lines, it's very easy to focus on those players and shut them down. We need depth with talent, and you don't get that by trading one of your 3 competent forwards.

Edited by BuffaloSoldier2010

Not directed solely at you but I'm a bit confused by the whole move Ennis mentality.

Even Howard and Jeremy were talking about it at the beginning of the week. I really don't understand how he registers as a "change of scenery" guy. He is EASILY one of the most offensively gifted forwards on this team, if not the single most talented. If the rationale here is he isn't putting up points, then every single player should be seen as needing a change in scenery. I blame the lower numbers of players like Ennis on the overall lack of talent this team has as a whole.

There are very few players in this league that can create offense solely on their own. And when you only have enough talent for one and a half dangerous lines, it's very easy to focus on those players and shut them down. We need depth with talent, and you don't get that by trading one of your 3 competent forwards.

At the end of the day, for me, he is too small, to be long term effective. If they choose to keep him, fine. If they choose to trade him, fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Mrs. Hodgson, MILF. Drew's mom not so bad either. But, Aud, Kim… am I right?

Someone asked recently something along the lines of why should we believe Pat can do the job. You just hear him talk and you feel good and you believe. Maybe we're all being bamboozled, I dunno.

Mrs. Hodgson, MILF. Drew's mom not so bad either. But, Aud, Kim… am I right?

Someone asked recently something along the lines of why should we believe Pat can do the job. You just hear him talk and you feel good and you believe. Maybe we're all being bamboozled, I dunno.

Did you catch Drew talkin to all the moms at one point? I think we know who MILFHUNTER is now...

"As a glass half empty kind of guy, I'm going to say where someone is lacking and go from there."

"I gave him the truth...I don't know if any of those guys I slammed were his guys, but I'm not going to be politically correct."

I'm happy! This trinity of Ted-Patty-TM is Team Stormcloud's gift. The fluff and projecting everyone out to their 110% best-case scenario while ignoring the basic fundamentals of what goes into building a person/hockey player that has what it takes when it matters....safe to say we're done.

I swear, the last few months has been like regaining custody of your kids from your crackhead ex-spouse.

"As a glass half empty kind of guy, I'm going to say where someone is lacking and go from there."

"I gave him the truth...I don't know if any of those guys I slammed were his guys, but I'm not going to be politically correct."

I'm happy! This trinity of Ted-Patty-TM is Team Stormcloud's gift. The fluff and projecting everyone out to their 110% best-case scenario while ignoring the basic fundamentals of what goes into building a person/hockey player that has what it takes when it matters....safe to say we're done.

I swear, the last few months has been like regaining custody of your kids from your crackhead ex-spouse.

Yep. So Tim felt Terry had "his guys." Why on earth would an oil and gas man have "guys"? I think this clip would be in my closing argument in the meddling trial. Not quite a smoking gun, but what more do some of you folks need to see and hear?

Tim. Is. The. Man.

Yep. So Tim felt Terry had "his guys." Why on earth would an oil and gas man have "guys"? I think this clip would be in my closing argument in the meddling trial. Not quite a smoking gun, but what more do some of you folks need to see and hear?

Tim. Is. The. Man.

That was pretty funny. After a clip like that, I can easily see guys like Myers, Hodgson, Ehrhoff, Foligno, Ennis being moved. Maybe not all of them or at the same time, but I can just hear the scouting report and see Terry sucking on a hard candy with the response of.."..Uh..Huh...."

I would like someone to ask Murray what goes into his numbers ranking system. Do the intangibles and grit go there, or just the pure hockey talent? I can see someone ranking on pure ability alone, Girgensons a 5, and Hodgson a 6- ....... but I would think Girgensons is more highly valued at this point. When I scout the ponies, I will give a range where I feel they will be auctioned off at. I may see a horse that is unquestionably talented and good looking, but I just don't think it has "it", and I will put it 150-200K with a + next to it. At the same time, I may see a horse that has less relative talent and may not be as flashy, and I will say 50-85K *** ......I WANT that horse over the other one. The other has a higher ceiling, but I feel the cheaper one is a can't miss. I hear Murray talk of his system and I am not positive how he does it.

Murray has talked about hockey IQ and competitiveness as being his key ingredients.

Great vid, and, if may say so, Mrs. Pegula looking as lovely as ever.

Tim Murray on the Sabre Wives....

Kim Pegula: 5+

Noureen: 6-

Stafford's Mom: 4+

Mrs. Ott: 6+

Oh...and Ottawa Sun had an article with Uncle Murray and said Tim already has tried to pry our buddy Lazar out of there in a deal....pretty much said no way.

Tim Murray on the Sabre Wives....

Kim Pegula: 5+

Noureen: 6-

Stafford's Mom: 4+

Mrs. Ott: 6+

Oh...and Ottawa Sun had an article with Uncle Murray and said Tim already has tried to pry our buddy Lazar out of there in a deal....pretty much said no way.

Yeah, but that's before Timmy offered to put Stafford in the mix (along with a picture of mom)

Tim. Is. The. Man.

While the reference is there, I also heard it used as more of a common term. As if all owners had "his guys". Kinda like collecting baseball cards. Some people want to collect Ruth, some DiMaggio.

While the reference is there, I also heard it used as more of a common term. As if all owners had "his guys". Kinda like collecting baseball cards. Some people want to collect Ruth, some DiMaggio.

Yep, another example of confirmation bias. If you think Pegula is a meddler you interpret those words as "those are the guys that he told DR to draft/trade for etc." I took it more in the sense that you do..he may have guys like every owner might, that he may have an affinity for, but I'm here to give my honest opinion on each and every guy regardless of that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.