Beyond Blue and Gold: Sabres.com series

Two or less

Mrs. Hodgson, MILF.

post-760-0-44001300-1393603987_thumb.png

Um, yeah. And, hey, for guys of our vintage, I don't think we're allowed to say she's a MILF; I think she's just, y'know, a S(omeone)ILF (W(oman)ILF?).

But, Aud, Kim… am I right?

post-760-0-67827500-1393604037_thumb.png

it took me repeated viewings to catch sight of the woman to whom i have pledged my undying devotion and in whose landscaping* i have been apprehended by local authorities no fewer than three times.

*i mean actual landscaping, guys: soil, mulch, shrubs, small trees, and, yes, bushes.

i was especially pleased to capture that look on Z's face. who's standing next to him with the funny industrial glasses still on?

Someone asked recently something along the lines of why should we believe Pat can do the job. You just hear him talk and you feel good and you believe. Maybe we're all being bamboozled, I dunno.

maybe we are. who knows? i tend to doubt it. all i know is that it feels nice, and it feels right to have him at the helm.

And the BBG on TM is terrific. One of the best ones yet (if not the best one).

Edited by That Aud Smell

NEW EPISODE OF ‘BEYOND BLUE & GOLD’ PREMIERES TONIGHT ON MSG

Episode features interviews with Tyler Ennis and Zemgus Girgensons, a look at the Sabres’ new GM and a recap of the annual ‘Parents’ Trip’

BUFFALO, N.Y. (February 28, 2014) --- The Buffalo Sabres today announced that MSG will be premiering a new episode of “Beyond Blue & Gold,” an award-winning video series that takes fans behind the scenes of the Sabres organization, tonight, Friday, Feb. 28, at 10 p.m. The half-hour program will premiere directly after MSG’s coverage of the Sabres’ game against the San Jose Sharks.

Yep. So Tim felt Terry had "his guys." Why on earth would an oil and gas man have "guys"? I think this clip would be in my closing argument in the meddling trial. Not quite a smoking gun, but what more do some of you folks need to see and hear?

Tim. Is. The. Man.

Maybe more like the team is a big kids toy collection to T-Pegs? You tell a kid you don't like one of his toys, he might act petulant.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, that's pretty damn good episode. That's the honey pot of behind-the-scenes hockey videos, I think: how trades ideas develop and how the negotiating works. Exciting stuff. Not overly revealing about how the negotiations went, but a good look at how decisive and frosty you have to stay as a GM and how important leadership is on a busy trade deadline day

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Yeah, that's pretty damn good episode. That's the honey pot of behind-the-scenes hockey videos, I think: how trades ideas develop and how the negotiating works. Exciting stuff. Not overly revealing about how the negotiations went, but a good look at how decisive and frosty you have to stay as a GM and how important leadership is on a busy trade deadline day

Good summary. I agree with all of it.

I would have liked to have heard more discussion from the group in the "war room" about what a player may mean to the future Sabres, even if they didn't identify who it was they were talking about, just so we get a few more hints at the plan going forward.

Kevin Devine appeared not to like the return for Halak.

That's not how I heard it, but I had to listen to it a few times.

TM: "He would Halak and a 3rd for Neuvirth and Klesla. So, does anybody like him [presumably Neuvirth] as a goalie?"

[camera cut]

Devine: "Well, we're not going forward with the other guy. He's a guy that's going out the window for nothing."

I think Devine's speaking of Halak, who, of course was the UFA and didn't get moved to Minnesota (or anywhere else?). If true, this is what I was thinking about the trade: Halak wasn't worth a ###### after Edmonton made goalie moves and ended up as a throw-in price-dropper.

Historically, young goalies gather a 2nd round pick (examples: Biron and Noronen), so figure that's what the Capitals ask for Neuvirth. We get the price dropped from a 2nd to a 3rd because we give the Capitals a backup goalie back in Halak. In order for that to work cap-wise for the Capitals, we eat Klesla's contract (no big deal). That's a square deal to me, and we get a young goalie with some up side under contract and keep our precious 2nd rounders.

I agree with Physics on Devine/Halak. I think he was saying that you had to do it because Halak had no value to the Sabres.

And Murray clearly likes Neuvirth.

Beyond Blue and Gold is easily the best part of this lost season.

Edited by dudacek

That sequence was Joe Battista (reading the scouting report), Dave Torrie (I think), and Craig Patrick.

The legend of Battista grows. What exactly about being club hockey coach at Penn State qualifies him to be sitting in that chair (as vice president of hockey related businesses)?

The legend of Battista grows. What exactly about being club hockey coach at Penn State qualifies him to be sitting in that chair (as vice president of hockey related businesses)?

I'm not going to defend him, but his bio is here: http://sabres.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=94184

Of note to me: He was a longtime coach for college-aged players and that may have given him an ability to scout and evaluate talent. Lots of scouts have worse resumes. He also founded the ACHA, which is no small feat.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.