The other sports thread

Eleven

Also of note: a single stud pitcher basically won the world series last year.

The NL definitely lends itself to the stud pitcher theory more. Saunders was awesome for the O's in 2012, but really only a stud in the WC game and not really the season.

Win the game and your season isn't over.

Oh, and Gerrit Cole exists. He wears a Pirates uniform every few days. He is also a stud pitcher.

Everyone just forgets about this guy; not saying you specifically Eastside. I think Cole can match Arietta much better than Tanaka did vs Keuchel. The Yankees haven't been able to hit for two months now, they are literally dead last in almost every offensive category since the ASG. Arietta's having, I think, the best post ASG season by a pitcher ever, but the Pirates can hit. I have the Pirates winning, but it will be a much better game than tonight. 

Admittedly, I deserved that.

Eh no worries, if I knew how to do this  :nana:  on mobile it would've been included. I knew the Yankees had no hopes at all this October, just prolonging the inevitable. Tomorrow's WC game should be much more entertaining 

This isn't the "baseball" thread..... If it was I would leave you all alone... I was hoping for some good college football talk or something, so instead I will lower myself to partial troll status ;)

Go Horned Frogs!  Buffalo Bros, the bar I go to to watch the Bills play, is actually in the middle of the TCU campus.

This isn't the "baseball" thread..... If it was I would leave you all alone... I was hoping for some good college football talk or something, so instead I will lower myself to partial troll status ;)

I mean it's a Tuesday and the mlb postseason started tonight so I'm not sure where you thought you'd find NCAAF in here tonight  :lol:

Go Horned Frogs! Buffalo Bros, the bar I go to to watch the Bills play, is actually in the middle of the TCU campus.

Love going to Buffalo Bros. In Raleigh, especially for trivia night.... Turn it into a drinking game each time you're wrong.

And yes it's a Tuesday and only MLB is on.... Um.... Go Braves....

Love going to Buffalo Bros. In Raleigh, especially for trivia night.... Turn it into a drinking game each time you're wrong.

And yes it's a Tuesday and only MLB is on.... Um.... Go Braves....

I've heard of Buffalo Brothers in Raleigh, but they're different ownership (the one here is Buffalo Bros, not Brothers).  Still... nice to have a piece of home to visit that's close by.

The last game of the season for #2 TCU is against #3 Baylor (current rankings).  That should be a humdinger of a game.

It's in Fort Worth, thank God.  That should help the Frogs.  (Baylor isn't far though.... a little over an hour's drive.)  The TCU-Baylor rivalry is quickly heating up.

Edited by Robins Egg

Absolutley, I love visiting my sis and going to a hurricanes game and seeing several sabres jerseys. Never been in Texas tho

On BIlls game days, Buffalo Bros is loaded with Bills fans.  And when the Bills win, the bar buys us all a shot of Buffalo Trace whiskey.  A great tradition.

Gerrit Cole is 3-1 against the Cubs this year. 8 k's in each game. He can play a little.

Oh, I agree, but Arrieta is 3-1 with a 0.75 ERA vs the Pirates as well this year.  I just think that Cole has less margin for error because Arrieta may not give anything up.

And sorry to make the Whiskey Bottle sad, but if the Orioles had the current Arrieta they'd be very dangerous.  He definitely figured things out after the Cubs got him. 

Edited by EastsideOasis

I am extremely confident that the Blue Jays will overcome the SI cover curse and win it all.

OK - OK!!

BLUE JAYS - BLUE JAYS!!

Lets play ball!!

I'm pretty upset that I won't get out of work until 5pm EST today, so I will miss the first hour and a half of the Jays game.

Also, who's brilliant idea was it to schedule tomorrows game for mid-day? Some of us have to work goddamnit!!!