The other sports thread

Eleven

I was waiting for you to pipe in, kinda disappointed that you don't have any predictions though. You seem like a pretty big baseball fan

Nope.  I'm pretty much just a homer for my Rangers.  Honestly I don't follow the rest of the league too closely and pay almost no attention to the National League.  With a 162 game schedule I barely have time to watch the Rangers, let alone other teams.

Who the hell put the Astros in the American League?  Has this been going on for a long time?  If they needed to balance the leagues, wouldn't have it made more sense to put Milwaukee back where it belonged?

The needed someone extra to round out the AL west.  Since Texas is already out of place there, at least they now get another team in state helping to ruin the regional names of the divisions.  But yes, Milwaukee never should have been moved in the first place.

Nope.  I'm pretty much just a homer for my Rangers.  Honestly I don't follow the rest of the league too closely and pay almost no attention to the National League.  With a 162 game schedule I barely have time to watch the Rangers, let alone other teams.

I'm sorry you got matched up with the Jays, we'll have to be rivals for the next week or so. Although I am expecting a quick 4 game series in the ALDS.

Jays all the way baby!

While it was repugnant to me that that moved teams around, I have to say that the rivalry between the Rangers and Astros is growing into a beauty.  The whole reason the Rangers won the West is that in the last couple weeks of the season they took 5 of 7 from the Astros and dominated the season series.  Take that away and the Astros win, hands down.  The Astros are a really good team, but for whatever reason, the Rangers had their number this year.

I'm sorry you got matched up with the Jays, we'll have to be rivals for the next week or so. Although I am expecting a quick 4 game series in the ALDS.

Jays all the way baby!

Like I said, don't dismiss the Rangers out of hand. Part of the reason the Rangers took so long to win the AL West is that the team was built on the fly while the season was being played.  Several of the players that were planned to be mainstays haven't been heard from for much of the season.  Their ace, Yu Darvish, has been on IR since spring training. The best laid plans of management failed miserably and they had to cobble together a team while playing out the season.    Things really came together the last month or two.  That's the team the Blue Jays will play (as opposed to the one the Yankees beat 21-5 back in July).

Even if the Rangers lose, though, the fact that they even made it to the playoffs is pretty miraculous.