The other sports thread

Eleven

Well if Joe Girardi were my boss, I'd likely be an alcoholic too.

And laugh it up Met fan......while you can

Oh I'm well aware of what to expect being a Mets fan. Not freakin' much. But when was the last time the Mets were in a better position than the Yankees? I can't let this pass. Who knows when it will happen again. :)

367 days too late.

###### a Met.

Who's your type? Wright? Harvey? Bartolo? Terry Collins?

Alright the MLB postseason starts tomorrow, let's hear some predictions

NL: 

WC: Pirates over Cubs (the experience and home field is too much for the Cubs to handle, and Cole can match with Arietta)

NLDS: Cardinals over Pirates, Mets over LA

NLCS: Mets over Cardinals

AL:

WC: Yankees over Astros (Keuchel vs Tanaka, I have faith Tanaka hangs with him to hand it over to our bullpen, and we can beat the Astros bullpen)

ALDS: Royals over Yankees, Blue Jays over Rangers

ALDS: Blue Jays over Royals

WS: Mets over Blue Jays 

The Mets starting pitching gets it done, and with Cespedes, Wright, Duda, and Granderson, they have just enough offense to lose to Price twice, but compete otherwise against a formidable Jays lineup.

Edited by WildCard

NL: 

WC: Pirates over Cubs (the experience and home field is too much for the Cubs to handle, and Cole can match with Arietta)

AL:

WC: Yankees over Astros (Keuchel vs Tanaka, I have faith Tanaka hangs with him to hand it over to our bullpen, and we can beat the Astros bullpen)

ALDS: Blue Jays over Rangers

The Mets starting pitching gets it done, and with Cespedes, Wright, Duda, and Granderson, they have just enough offense to lose to Price twice, but compete otherwise against a formidable Jays lineup.

NL: 

AL:

ALDS: Blue Jays over Rangers

I love this guy!

Arietta over pirates, keuchel over Yankees

Royals over Astros, Jays over Rangers, Cubs over Cards, Mets over Dodgers

Royals over Jays, Mets over Cubs

Mets over Royals

Not very confident about this, but gotta go with my team!

I love this guy!

Arietta over pirates, keuchel over Yankees

Royals over Astros, Jays over Rangers, Cubs over Cards, Mets over Dodgers

Royals over Jays, Mets over Cubs

Mets over Royals

Not very confident about this, but gotta go with my team!

:lol:

Pretty bold to have the young Cubs team going that far, but honestly anyone from the central can get to the NLCS, or WS. I just love the Mets starting rotation and offense, and I think any NL team will beat any AL team in the WS this year

With the Nats out I'm pulling for Toronto since there is a Buffalo connection there. But there's a ton of teams in it this year that would be fun to see win it: Toronto, Kansas City, Houston, Chicago and Pittsburgh. I would be happy with any of those teams.

Prediction:

Wild card - Astros over Yankees & Pittsburgh over Chicago

ALDS - Royals over Astros in five & Blue Jays over Rangers in five

NLDS - Pirates over Cardinals in seven & Dodgers over Mets in six

ALCS - Blue Jays over Royals in seven

NLCS - Pirates over Dodgers in six

World Series: Blue Jays over Pirates in seven (Russell Martin gets World Series MVP against his former team)

I haven't been invested in baseball since the steroids charade started so these predictions are basically just what I hope happens.

:lol:

Pretty bold to have the young Cubs team going that far, but honestly anyone from the central can get to the NLCS, or WS. I just love the Mets starting rotation and offense, and I think any NL team will beat any AL team in the WS this year

Here's hoping! Mets have been sliding and can't go all in with Harvey unfortunately. The Dodgers do tend to underwhelm in the playoffs, but could also dominate. That Dodgers series is huge. If they can get by them I'll be much more optimistic. It's tough to face Kershaw and grienke in a 5 game series. After those 2 the Dodgers are meh for pitching though.

With the Nats out I'm pulling for Toronto since there is a Buffalo connection there. But there's a ton of teams in it this year that would be fun to see win it: Toronto, Kansas City, Houston, Chicago and Pittsburgh. I would be happy with any of those teams.

Prediction:

Wild card - Astros over Yankees & Pittsburgh over Chicago

ALDS - Royals over Astros in five & Blue Jays over Rangers in five

NLDS - Pirates over Cardinals in seven & Dodgers over Mets in six

ALCS - Blue Jays over Royals in seven

NLCS - Pirates over Dodgers in six

World Series: Blue Jays over Pirates in seven (Russell Martin gets World Series MVP against his former team)

I haven't been invested in baseball since the steroids charade started so these predictions are basically just what I hope happens.

Nitpicking, but DS are best of 5 unfortunately.

Nitpicking, but DS are best of 5 unfortunately.

No, I saw WildCard's post and figured it would make sense to make my own bold predictions!

(Just kidding, I'm more out of touch with baseball than I thought)

ALDS - Royals over Astros in four & Blue Jays over Rangers in three

NLDS - Pirates over Cardinals in five & Dodgers over Mets in four

Are you predicting a Royals team plane crash AND a renaming of the Championship Series? :P

Dammit!  :lol:

No, I saw WildCard's post and figured it would make sense to make my own bold predictions!

(Just kidding, I'm more out of touch with baseball than I thought)

ALDS - Royals over Astros in four & Blue Jays over Rangers in three

NLDS - Pirates over Cardinals in five & Dodgers over Mets in four

I don't think the Rangers will be handled that easily and I'm just not sold on the Dodgers with Kershaw. I would love to see the Pirates beat the Cardinals 

Here's hoping! Mets have been sliding and can't go all in with Harvey unfortunately. The Dodgers do tend to underwhelm in the playoffs, but could also dominate. That Dodgers series is huge. If they can get by them I'll be much more optimistic. It's tough to face Kershaw and grienke in a 5 game series. After those 2 the Dodgers are meh for pitching though.

I think the Dodgers are scary if they can make the long series and throw greinke and kershaw 5 times. That's a tough matchup.

Kershaw chokes every postseason. Until he doesn't I can't see them going anywhere, let alone beating the Mets in the first round

Pacing themselves.

Had a bad experience staying at grandma's that one week? :P

Well played guys  :lol: