The other sports thread

Eleven

Utley was never forced out at the bag. The only call would be the interference on him. One out.

The suspension is the correct call.

I'll post the rule again.  2 outs if it's called correctly on the field and not in hindsight.

CRAjEI6WsAA3KRH.jpg

There is no force out requirement in the rule.

So the Jays force a game 5. The question is, does Price go, or Stroman? Personally I'd pitch Stroman; Price is terrible in the postseason, and he just pitched 3 innings today. Put Stroman out there on a short leash. Honestly with the way they both pitched in Toronto, I think they had Price come in today with such a lead instead of Stroman so they can have Stroman start 

Watching Matt Harvey try to bunt is painful! Jesus Christ, you've played baseball your entire life and you can't lay down a bunt? It is literally the easiest thing to do in the entire game. If you suck that badly at it, you might as well go up hacking.

Watching Matt Harvey try to bunt is ###### painful! Jesus Christ, you've played baseball your entire life and you can't lay down a bunt? It is literally the easiest thing to do in the entire game. If you suck that badly at it, you might as well go up hacking.

Agreed that was awful. Had a much better chance to hit a squibbler somewhere to move the runner over accidentally.

Unless the almost impossible happens in game 3, the Mets have to beat Kershaw or Grienke and a record $270 million payroll.

I like that better than having to beat Kershaw and Grienke and a record $270 million payroll.

Bartolo looking good so far! :w00t:

Good night, Sabrespace!

OK ... OK!!

BLUE JAYS - BLUE JAYS!!

Lets play ball ..........

... tomorrow.

It's amazing how your mindset can change from being down 0-2 to suddenly have a winner take all game 5. Not sure I agree with pitching Price in a blowout game yesterday rather than him pitching game 5 on five days rest. There was a reason he was a Cy Young candidate this year and it wasn't to mop up a 8-0 lead. But Stroman it is I guess.

Some interesting managerial decisions thus far coming from our blue birds.