The other sports thread

Eleven

Ump is horrible for sure.  How is he behind home plate for game 1? 

Kershaw is bouncing every other pitch and the Mets are swinging at 75% of them :wallbash:

But he is a hall-of-fame pitcher, so I guess I can't fault them too much.  Just a little more patience please?

Cuddyer is going to lose this game or another in this series if they don't get him the out of LF.

It works both ways.  From my (Rangers) perspective the ball-strike calls have been terrible.  I think part of it has to do with the display they're using for the telecast.

So, like, Roughned Odor is a game changer, ain't he?  :wub:

It was an educated guess.  The Florida Marlins were announced in 1991; there was probably talk about it long before that.

As someone who lives here, let me just say that at least it's not as bad as Florida.

Yep. 3 city race for the 2 expansion slots: Buffalo, Denver, & Miami. (4 city if you throw DC in, but there was no way DC was getting a team in that expansion.

Thor pitching the 7th now.  Surprising. 

Good thing Wright was the hero last night.  0-3 with a strikeout and 2 GIDP tonight. 

Colon over Reed?  Wtf Terry?  Don't have a good feeling about this.

Can Chase Utley retire soon?  There are few players in MLB I like less. He's not a goddamn LB and slid way late. Bordering on dirty if not over the line. :censored:

Utley did the same thing to Tejada in 2010.  Slid after the bag into his legs. 

And man these umps suck.  Utley never touched the bag.  Let's have another review because 4 hours of baseball is just not enough :censored:

Edited by EastsideOasis

Can someone explain to me how Utley gets called safe when he never touched the base and ran to the goddamn dugout without still touching it?  He also vaulted OVER the bag into Tejada.  It was dirty.  .

And the Mets of course get screwed in the end.  All sports replays suck.  They still don't get them right.

Come on East, Chase just made an old school beautiful baseball play and the challenge system screwed the Mets. Challenging the neighborhood rule is bull ######

Please be sarcasm :unsure:

It was a late slide, but every player makes that slide all year and it's never called. It's in unwritten rule: we all know that he isn't going for the bag. At the same time the neighborhood rule is one of the longest standing unwritten rules in spots, and to call a challenge on that is absolute garbage. If you can challenge that, then Collins should be able to challenge that Utley was out because he never touched the base