The other sports thread

Eleven

Some place called Ripa's comes to mind. I think it was in Cheektowaga. It had one of those bowling games with the puck.

And special nights were at Swiss Chalet!

And breakfast after Mass was at McDonalds. Don Luce signed my napkin when I was five. I know I've told that story.

I also used to collect those Labatt bottle caps with the smilies on them.

Ripa's still exists. It is on Walden Ave in Lancaster.

Had reply typed out. Read it & felt VERY old. Deleted reply. :lol:

:p

We had a Ground Round out my way too. Can't say I ever remember eating there (it was across from the mall in the next town)

We didn't go out to eat much when I was little. As a 5 year old, I once ordered a cheeseburger. The waitress asked how I wanted it cooked and I told her "how my dad makes it." She had it coming. That's a stupid question to ask a 5 year old.

All the posts on this page remind me of smoke filled bowling alleys and cigarette machines. And playing pool in basement bars at the Polish home and The Toccolana Club. Ah, to be a child again. Those were the days.

Anyway, Astros over D-Backs. After the Dodgers and Nats meltdown like usual, it's the only matchup that will keep me from interested and light hearted.

I was pretty young for the Ground Round, but I vaguely remember it (on Transit near French, I think). My Dad hated the food there, so we never went back.

The opposite.  French, near Transit.  I believe a Mighty Taco is on that site now.  That was my neighborhood growing up.

How have you not caught onto that in this thread yet? :lol:

I honestly can't keep track.

Not sure why you are banging on Sale. Seems like a humble guy who admitted he needs to be battery than yesterday. I expect the Red Sox to get swept. It only makes sense that the first time in a long time the Red Sox have a bunch of promising young players entering their primes the same time that the Astros have about a decade of 1st overall picks all hitting their stride not to mention the Indians putting together their best squad since Albert Bell left. Add on top of that the Yankees lucking into the best young power hitter since Papi? Bonds? McGuire?, somehow trading for every reliever in the bigs that throws 100 mph and career years from every player on their roster under 30. Yankee fans don't deserve this. You had your time. They were supposed to suck for a while but somehow Cashman has turned into a genius and can do no wrong. I was really looking forward to the thousands of Yankee dbags I deal with to finally shut their pie holes with their 26 rings crap. Nope they are just going to be good forever I guess.

I honestly can't keep track.

Not sure why you are banging on Sale. Seems like a humble guy who admitted he needs to be battery than yesterday. I expect the Red Sox to get swept. It only makes sense that the first time in a long time the Red Sox have a bunch of promising young players entering their primes the same time that the Astros have about a decade of 1st overall picks all hitting their stride not to mention the Indians putting together their best squad since Albert Bell left. Add on top of that the Yankees lucking into the best young power hitter since Papi? Bonds? McGuire?, somehow trading for every reliever in the bigs that throws 100 mph and career years from every player on their roster under 30. Yankee fans don't deserve this. You had your time. They were supposed to suck for a while but somehow Cashman has turned into a genius and can do no wrong. I was really looking forward to the thousands of Yankee dbags I deal with to finally shut their pie holes with their 26 rings crap. Nope they are just going to be good forever I guess.

Well we have 27 rings, not 26

Ragging on Sale? I'm a Yankees fan and he got lit up, of course I'm going to give him . I don't care what he's like personally

Boston has 3 World Series this century, including a more recent one than the Yankees, and we have 2. Let's not act like it's been so hard being a Red Sox fan lately

Not sure how we 'luck' into Judge and meanwhile your prospects / young talent is equally stacked. So did you guys luck into everything too? Or is Cashman actually just an amazing GM and once he got a new owner, could do the rebuild the way he actually wants, aka the way the Yankees of the 90s were built

Well we have 27 rings, not 26

Ragging on Sale? I'm a Yankees fan and he got lit up, of course I'm going to give him ######. I don't care what he's like personally

Boston has 3 World Series this century, including a more recent one than the Yankees, and we have 2. Let's not act like it's been so hard being a Red Sox fan lately

Not sure how we 'luck' into Judge and meanwhile your prospects / young talent is equally stacked. So did you guys luck into everything too? Or is Cashman actually just an amazing GM and once he got a new owner, could do the rebuild the way he actually wants, aka the way the Yankees of the 90s were built

Well you sound like a typical Yankees fan