The other sports thread

Eleven

MLB opening day  :beer:

*goes back to sleep*

Jokes on you, I love watching golf too.

And Abby Wambach got arrested for a DUI, FWIW

Even though baseball isn't my thing, I can see why some love watching it. But this, this I will never understand. I'd rather watch bowling than golf.

I can see why people would hate watching golf. For me, I like how relaxing it is. The commentary is great, and you're never waiting for anything I happen; you will always be watching someone take a shot. Probably helps that I like to play both sports as well

I love to play golf, I'm absolutley terrible and I usually play to see how drunk I am by the 10th hole (public courses only).... I play tennis and watch it, many think it's boring watching a ball go back and forth, but if you play you can appreciate what you're watching.

This is my annual howl into the wind that the NCAA is a metastasizing cancer upon America's higher education system and should be shut down with immediate effect, shortly followed by literally thousands of indictments for most involved.

As you were.

This is my annual howl into the wind that the NCAA is a metastasizing cancer upon America's higher education system and should be shut down with immediate effect, shortly followed by literally thousands of indictments for most involved.

As you were.

I'm fine with this.  I like college football and I'm *still* fine with this.

I can see why people would hate watching golf. For me, I like how relaxing it is. The commentary is great, and you're never waiting for anything I happen; you will always be watching someone take a shot. Probably helps that I like to play both sports as well

There's also the Baba Booeys with watching golf on TV.

There's also the Baba Booeys with watching golf on TV.

I don't know what those are, am I missing out on something I should have while watching Golf?

Speaking of golf, Augusta National is right around the corner 

Edited by WildCard

I don't know what this means

Baba Booey is the nickname of the producer of Howard Stern's radio show.  You'll hear this yelled out by some doofus right after a golfer tees off during a PGA tourney. (You'll hear various other things yelled out, like "Mashed Potato!", etc.) Why?  "Hey, did you hear me yell "Baba Booey" when Dustin teed off on the 18th hole last Sunday?  Yeah, that was me!"  As I said, doofus.

Baba Booey is the nickname of the producer of Howard Stern's radio show.  You'll hear this yelled out by some doofus right after a golfer tees off during a PGA tourney. (You'll hear various other things yelled out, like "Mashed Potato!", etc.) Why?  "Hey, did you hear me yell "Baba Booey" when Dustin teed off on the 18th hole last Sunday?  Yeah, that was me!"  As I said, doofus.

Ah, gotcha. I've heard the "Mashed Potato" guy, never knew what they were yelling otherwise 

Yanks opening day in right now. If you look, you can see two guy dressed as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles right behind home plate. Last Week Tonight held a contest to give away those tickets to whoever looked the most absurd

Call me in mid-September when it's interesting.

League MVP and future NYY Bryce Harper went deep yesterday in the Nats opener

What? No one talking baseball? Texas handed King Felix his first ever Opening Day loss as the Rangers beat the Mariners 3-2 with only one hit.

Many predict the Rangers to go deep this year

Baba Booey is the nickname of the producer of Howard Stern's radio show. You'll hear this yelled out by some doofus right after a golfer tees off during a PGA tourney. (You'll hear various other things yelled out, like "Mashed Potato!", etc.) Why? "Hey, did you hear me yell "Baba Booey" when Dustin teed off on the 18th hole last Sunday? Yeah, that was me!" As I said, doofus.

Some love it, some hate it. A few years ago Keegan Bradley, a huge Stern fan, was in Tigers group. As they were waiting on the first tee Tiger leaned in and said to Keegan..."so I guess we're getting a lot of Baba Booeys today, huh?"

My brother in law has spent a few years on the tour and he hates it. I keep telling him that when he gets his card back I'm going to his first tournament to give him the big baba booey welcome.

Hey Wild,

How are your Yankees doing today ....

:w00t:

GO JAYS GO!!

Fell apart in the 8th; crapper little dribbler in front that we botched and the floodgates opened. Best bullpen in the league and we let a loss vs the Cy Young winner fall through  :censored:

Baba Booey is the nickname of the producer of Howard Stern's radio show. You'll hear this yelled out by some doofus right after a golfer tees off during a PGA tourney. (You'll hear various other things yelled out, like "Mashed Potato!", etc.) Why? "Hey, did you hear me yell "Baba Booey" when Dustin teed off on the 18th hole last Sunday? Yeah, that was me!" As I said, doofus.

Oh I know who that is, I just don't watch enough golf to hear this asnine . Stern seems pretty irrelevant at this point, surprised how an antiquated practice would still take place. I thought get in the hole guy was a loser. I guess I found someone less cool.

Fell apart in the 8th; crapper little dribbler in front that we botched and the floodgates opened. Best bullpen in the league and we let a loss vs the Cy Young winner fall through :censored:

Its proclamations like "best bullpen in the league" that make Yankee fans hard to tolerate. You have no idea how they will pan out, you are just making blanket assumptions on what you think you know.