The other sports thread

Eleven

Fear the dino's ...

Yeah, I'm rooting for them, too.

It's amazing how many really good players have come out of Canada since they showed up. It very much reminds me of the leaps and bounds that US hockey starting making in the 1970's. Canada could be contending for medals in basketball very soon at the rate they are going.

Adam Laroche just retired because the White Sox told him not to bring his kid into the clubhouse so much.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/03/16/adam-laroche-retires-over-family-dispute-white-sox/81871856/

I'm with the White Sox on this one.

Edited by ubkev

Adam Laroche just retired because the White Sox told him not to bring his kid into the clubhouse so much.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/03/16/adam-laroche-retires-over-family-dispute-white-sox/81871856/

I'm with the White Sox on this one.

So am I.

Not me.

What's the harm.

Not me.

What's the harm.

Can't bring your kid to work everyday.

It's rude to your teammates. Now, every teammate would disagree publicly with this, but come on. Having a 14 year old in the clubhouse 100% of the time is ridiculous.

Edited by ubkev

Not me.

What's the harm.

I'm guessing the team thinks it's a distraction and he should focus on work when he's at work. The guy was even quoted in the article stating what other job in America would allow you to bring your kid to work with you every day? I side with the team too.

Come on guys.

The kids a kid what kind of distraction could there possibly be.  We are talking about professionals here.

Seems like it has been going on for some time, even when he was with the Nationals.

I still say, what's the big deal?

Good for him in deciding what's most important.

I doubt he pulls that move if he wasn't 36 and at the end of his career anyways.

Would you want Matty Mou's kid on the bench at a hockey game? The player is a father first, and will always have his mind on where the kid is, what it's doing, etc. He/she won't be focused on the task at hand, which is the job they get paid millions for.

Edited by WildCard

Come on guys.

The kids a kid what kind of distraction could there possibly be.  We are talking about professionals here.

Seems like it has been going on for some time, even when he was with the Nationals.

I still say, what's the big deal?

Good for him in deciding what's most important.

What if all the players brought all of their kids to the clubhouse every day?

What if all the players brought all of their kids to the clubhouse every day?

Seems like they didn't, so it doesn't matter, but that would likely be a bit much and a policy would have to be put in place.

In this particular case it looks like he was the only kid and the teams (he has done this throughout his career, seems like it anyway) and it was no big deal.

Yep. You can't bring your kid to work everyday. It's disrespectful to your coworkers.

Seems like nobody cared, or it would have been stopped long ago if any other players voiced concerns.

A baseball club house is not like a lawyers office, or a court room, or an accountants office ...

Seems like they didn't, so it doesn't matter, but that would likely be a bit much and a policy would have to be put in place.

In this particular case it looks like he was the only kid and the teams (he has done this throughout his career, seems like it anyway) and it was no big deal.

A baseball club house is not like a lawyers office, or a court room, or an accountants office ...

Exactly, it's much, much worse. It's where the boys get to behave like the boys. Like I said, no teammates would have complained publicly, but I can guarantee that they didn't all appreciate a little kid in their clubhouse every day. Someone said something, and the Sox told him to tone it back. Then he took his ball and went home.

Wild,

The kid was not in the dugout, but in the club house.

If Matty Mou, or any other Sabre, had their kid in the locker room I do not see that as a big deal either.

What's the problem with your kids walking around the locker room with a bunch of man ass and dongs in their face, literally. Edited by inkman

So after hearing everyone bitch all week on campus about getting snubbed for the NCAA tournament, from the sounds of the people streaming out of the RC, Bonaventure lost to the 8 seed in the first game of the NIT tournament. 

I'm glad I hate basketball.

Not a good showing by The Jesuit Institute of Sports Entertainment.

Edited by We've

So after hearing everyone bitch all week on campus about getting snubbed for the NCAA tournament, from the sounds of the people streaming out of the RC, Bonaventure lost to the 8 seed in the first game of the NIT tournament. 

I'm glad I hate basketball.

Cue the "they were emotionally down after missing the NCAAs" excuses in 3..2...1....