The other sports thread

Eleven

Because everyone loves him so much? That's all I got.

This Spurs-Warriors game is just spectacularly entertaining. I can't imagine the NHL is capable of producing anything that could come close.

The NHL doesn't have 2 unanimous heavy weights like that. Closest I can think of is Hawks-Caps Final

Go Orange!

Indeed!

The ACC is starting to look like they were darn near the only ones invited to this party. That's perfectly fine with this UNC alum. But if dook never wins another game in history, that would be just fine, too.

Indeed!

The ACC is starting to look like they were darn near the only ones invited to this party. That's perfectly fine with this UNC alum. But if dook never wins another game in history, that would be just fine, too.

You'll get no ACC pride out of me. I'm Big East, through and through! I'm still pissed that SU changed conferences.

Though you are correct. The ACC is most likely the best conference.

You'll get no ACC pride out of me. I'm Big East, through and through! I'm still pissed that SU changed conferences.

Though you are correct. The ACC is most likely the best conference.

Even as someone who was always an ACC fan going back to the 70's, yeah, the Big East has had some really awesome teams and years. 1985 with 3 teams in the Final 4? That was obscene, but they all belonged there. STILL one of the best Final 4's ever.

Edit: You really have to love the new ACC lacrosse, right? 5 teams and they were all in the top 7 in the NCAA tourney last year. That shouldn't even be possible.

Edited by BagBoy

Even as someone who was always an ACC fan going back to the 70's, yeah, the Big East has had some really awesome teams and years. 1985 with 3 teams in the Final 4? That was obscene, but they all belonged there. STILL one of the best Final 4's ever.

Edit: You really have to love the new ACC lacrosse, right? 5 teams and they were all in the top 7 in the NCAA tourney last year. That shouldn't even be possible.

ACC LAX is awesome. Despite the Orange losing to Hopkins the other day, I am really going to enjoy our next National Title.

This year's run is an unexpected bonus for the future of Syracuse basketball. They've got some young guys playing key roles under tournament pressure. I'm really excited about next year. They will lose Gbinije (sadly) and Cooney (hooray!), but bring back everyone else and be battle tested a bit. They are also adding a 7'2" center transfer from Providence and two really good looking prospects. One stolen from Ohio State's front yard here in Columbus, which is enjoyable for me personally. And they still have a spot open and will add someone else.

I'm enjoying this run knowing that they've overachieved and certainly not expecting a championship or even a final four, but you never know I guess.

Next year is the true excitement for me. Can't wait already!

ESPN has made college basketball unwatchable the dismantling of the Big East is an unforgivable sin.

I'll agree with the dismantling of the Big East. Unfortunately Syracuse had to jump when they did or risk getting left behind like UConn or Cincinnati did. And the ACC is a basketball monster that I'm glad Syracuse is a part of.

I do however think that college basketball competitively and parity wise is better than ever. I enjoy it more than most other sports these days as far as watchability, so I disagree there.

I'll agree with the dismantling of the Big East. Unfortunately Syracuse had to jump when they did or risk getting left behind like UConn or Cincinnati did. And the ACC is a basketball monster that I'm glad Syracuse is a part of.

I don't even know if I'm glad. Glad for tournament recognition because of the competition in the ACC, sure. But I can't say I'm glad that they're in the ACC. It just feels to me that they've lost everything. I hate UNC and Duke because I've always hated UNC and Duke, there's no rivalry there. We're never going to have 6 OTs against UConn again, or The Garden, or Pearl vs Ewing. It won't mean as much when Iverson and the Hoyas choke, and I hate that I don't get to see Georgetown three times a year.

I thought it would be cool playing Duke and UNC every year when we first left and then it happened and it felt like a non conference early season tournament game in Maui. It had no soul. That's what it feels like to me when Syracuse plays on tobacco road. Just a soulless money grabbing big business, sucking the joy right out of everything.

Speaking of sucking, it's 3:17pm and Georgetown still sucks!