Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

Parents do the filming on their own. Sometimes we will SoccerMeter a game to get statistical feel of how it went.

However, he is all in on soccer. His goal is to be a full-time professional coach training kids, so soccer is all he thinks about.

Now on my phone. Thanks, Scott.

So much stretching. So much. :lol:

I have no idea. I just figured hockey out. Soccer is going to be next. I think some of the guys I'm playing with Saturday will have a good idea.

If you find a place for soccer let me know, me and a few guys have been talking about doing some pickup somewhere, especially if its in the city.

So I'm happy to report I had fun today. We lost in the semi finals but it was great. Just the right level of competition and I played well enough that with enough communication I felt comfortable. I'm lucky that my cousins were great coaches.

I also took a whirl at playing goal and pitched a shutout half, so apparently there's some natural talent there :blush:

Edited by d4rksabre

Was gonna go out to Mes Que to watch this but I'm too beat. I think I'll watch from the comfort of my couch. 

I'm still deciding whether or not to head to Mes Que. A few of my friends head there for every game. I still haven't been there yet.

Mes Que is fun, but crowded. Make sure you get there before game time or else you might have to wait to get in. I went to Acropolis for the last game, which was much quieter than Mes Que, no chanting or anything. I might wander over there tonight time dependent.

C'mon, ladies.

Was reading - and can't now find - an interesting link/essay about how the USWNT is currently suffering a bit because the plan is not to let the players go to France and Germany to play professionally, requiring them to play in the U.S.

I can't reconstruct the thing in detail - the idea seemed to be that there is short-term suffering going on with the hope of long-term gain.

I note, though, that the USMNT coach is all for his players playing in Europe. I'm not sure why it must be different for the ladies.

I wish I could find the dern link.

I hate to say it, but Wambach is finally starting to look her age.

Definitely. I think she still looks like a good player. Would still be a top player on some bad teams.

Time to manage her minutes a bit more.

This team needs to finish. They're getting some good opportunities. Crosses haven't been great, though.

Hamilton and Rapinoe out of the next match. Both on pretty weak calls. Yikes.

Definitely. I think she still looks like a good player. Would still be a top player on some bad teams.

Time to manage her minutes a bit more.

This team needs to finish. They're getting some good opportunities. Crosses haven't been great, though.Hamilton and Rapinoe out of the next match. Both on pretty weak calls. Yikes.

Holiday.

And how the F does Abby miss the net?

Fox Sports 1 is my boot channel, just because I try to force feed myself something other than Sportscenter. I enjoy their soccer coverage (MLS and World Cup). Hate the extensive NASCAR stuff, but I understand that's them keeping their promise to not completely kill off the Speed channel programming.